About a Future TW game.

Users who are viewing this thread

That sounds awful dude!
You mean awesome, right?

Space? With a horse and sword and shield? Better with cowboys and indians then. But early age with simple musket and bajonet. English dragon raiders.

Or when the vikings game 500 years earlier.
Yes, space. There was a Star Wars mod for Warband that was great. I think the Mount & Blade concept in space would be very good.

After Bannerlord, anyone who even thinks of buying another TW product is a complete and total fool.
This.

Will never purchase another game from TaleWorlds. Purely out of principle.

It's clear at this point, that no matter what they promise (and show in gameplay videos), it's just bait to scam money out of their unwitting victims.

Given the state of the game and the fact that mods keep them alive.I would say a more morally approach for TW is to just give the base game on around 20 bucks/euros.
Given that the state of the game is the state of the game because TW decided well into development to stop actually developing the game to make a console version so they could milk even more people out of money for an unfinished game...I would not pay $1.00 for another game made by TW.

They need to actually finish this game to ever get money out of me again and it sure will not be on another pre-release. They have lost any chance for me to trust them in the near future. I will need to see at least 2 games released by them, in a finished state before I ever trust them enough to pre-buy anything. Also, those 2 finished games in working order better show a company that remembers that their games are great because of the modding community, not because of them.

Given that the state of the game is the state of the game because TW decided well into development to stop actually developing the game to make a console version so they could milk even more people out of money for an unfinished game...I would not pay $1.00 for another game made by TW.

They need to actually finish this game to ever get money out of me again and it sure will not be on another pre-release. They have lost any chance for me to trust them in the near future. I will need to see at least 2 games released by them, in a finished state before I ever trust them enough to pre-buy anything. Also, those 2 finished games in working order better show a company that remembers that their games are great because of the modding community, not because of them.

New Flash ! I don't think they care what old fans think or want. Consoles / hand-helds is the future apparently ? If Console companies are willing to hand over $$$$$$$$$$ to get a strategic war game on their platform, well, hey! hello !

"IF" Taleworlds was smart, they would take a page out of Creative Assembly's book, who went from Historical games to Warhammer, with a massive boost in profits, and talk to Wargaming regarding creating their own version of Warhammer, in the Bannerlord engine. As we know the Bannerlord engine is far better than the old man Warscape, perfect timing for TW to try. The space game is a red herring.

Of course far better than Warhammer would be Lord of the Rings, similar to Third Age Total War would be a huge winner. But can TW get the rights cheap enough ? The BL engine is suited for Medieval type warfare, so WH and LOTR would be top of the list for conversion.

Lets hope so.

New Flash ! I don't think they care what old fans think or want. Consoles / hand-helds is the future apparently ? If Console companies are willing to hand over $$$$$$$$$$ to get a strategic war game on their platform, well, hey! hello !

"IF" Taleworlds was smart, they would take a page out of Creative Assembly's book, who went from Historical games to Warhammer, with a massive boost in profits, and talk to Wargaming regarding creating their own version of Warhammer, in the Bannerlord engine. As we know the Bannerlord engine is far better than the old man Warscape, perfect timing for TW to try. The space game is a red herring.

Of course far better than Warhammer would be Lord of the Rings, similar to Third Age Total War would be a huge winner. But can TW get the rights cheap enough ? The BL engine is suited for Medieval type warfare, so WH and LOTR would be top of the list for conversion.

Lets hope so.
Doesnt matter what platform is "the future". Taleworlds is managing to alienate us all, pc and console users. Regardless of platform, they're gonna have a hard time selling another game at the very least, to the people who realize what a joke of a developer they are.

Lets hope so.
The game is just terrible on console. It's not made for console and you can't mod it either. If they think they are going to make serious profit on ps4, they're in for a suprise I'd wager.

Ive played since OG mount & blade. I’m telling you, I will never preorder a TW game again. And I will wait years after “release” to even consider buying another product. I do not believe they are capable of releasing good games now or ever.
I don't think TaleWorlds understands what they did to their original fanbase, they have surely attracted new players but it's impressive how easily they've soured so many diehard old fans.

I don't think TaleWorlds understands what they did to their original fanbase, they have surely attracted new players but it's impressive how easily they've soured so many diehard old fans.
I'm one of the new players and I can tell you in the 6 months I've had to learn about this company, I wont be buying anything else from them.

New Flash ! I don't think they care what old fans think or want. Consoles / hand-helds is the future apparently ?
Not for Taleworlds.

They have trashed their reputation and have done NOTHING to fix it. So they pushed away many of the players (read old players) that made them and have done nothing to keep any console players that were basically tricked into buying a really bad game that wasnt actually made for them.

This.

Will never purchase another game from TaleWorlds. Purely out of principle.

It's clear at this point, that no matter what they promise (and show in gameplay videos), it's just bait to scam money out of their unwitting victims.
Game is sitting at 90% recent positive ratings on steam (88% overall). Millions of copies sold.

Currently has consistently higher player count then;
  1. Rimworld
  2. Valheim
  3. Deep Rock Galactic
  4. Crusader Kings III
  5. Total War Warhammer III
  6. Project Zomboid
  7. Age of Empires IV
  8. Factorio
Make of that what you will.

Last edited:
Game is sitting at 90% recent positive ratings on steam (88% overall). Millions of copies sold.

Currently has consistently higher player count then;
  1. Rimworld
  2. Valheim
  3. Deep Rock Galactic
  4. Crusader Kings III
  5. Total War Warhammer III
  6. Project Zomboid
  7. Age of Empires IV
  8. Factorio
Ok. What does that have to do with people who wont buy another taleworlds game?

Bannerlord went top 5 when first released .. but didn't stay there long, when people saw how much depth it had.

Devs seem to be adding features / depth? now ? Hopefully future patches will push BL to what it should have been, a rich, deep strategic war game.

Back
Top Bottom