Mordhau is released, bl getting outdated every passing day...

Users who are viewing this thread

tippybit said:
If mordhau adds a singleplayer, then u guys are to regret what u said lol it would cut half of bl sales if they can just play another game with better combat and graphics
Do you know how long does Kingdom Come Deliverance made? Do you think any company can make single player game on that kind of basis within a short period? If you want say GTA or Assasin Creed, you need to search how many staff they have.

And don't forget, this is game, it is not exclusive product with limit quantity, and i guess there is no gamer who only play solo game for entire life.

tippybit said:
If mordhau adds a singleplayer, then u guys are to regret what u said lol it would cut half of bl sales if they can just play another game with better combat and graphics

You think if the Mordhau devs started now and attempted to recreate a M&B style campaign, that they would manage to release it before Bannerlord releases?

This reminded me another game, Of Kings and Men. Which has better combat than bannerlord . Attacks from 8 directions and Co op. This game gonna destroy bannerlord they said. Bannerlord will lost competition they said.

And less than 1 year i forgetten that game.

Orion said:
Mordhau has better combat than Bannerlord? That's saying a lot, since you've never played one of them. Also, "if" is the question for Mordhau. We already know that Bannerlord will ship with MP and SP. If it were an MP-only game then it could have been out at least a year ago.

Held blocks are pretty problematic when it comes to melee games. It means a duel could last a crazy long time before you get a hit in, and the way it is implemented in warband (and probably bannerlord) results in a high skill floor but lower skill ceiling.

It also seems that feints were heavily nerfed in bannerlord, which will make the combat much less fun and fluid. Before you say "holds are always more important" yes, I agree, however what makes holds good is the threat of a feint. If feints are nerfed, holds are nerfed also.

Mordhau also just has much more weighty combat than warband. It is just very easy to pick up and understand and do decently as a noob.

AmateurHetman said:
tippybit said:

You think if the Mordhau devs started now and attempted to recreate a M&B style campaign, that they would manage to release it before Bannerlord releases?

Unironically yes

Rules said:
No Spam
Spam clogs up the forum, makes relevant and accurate information harder to find and causes the forum to slow down for everybody. The definition of ‘spam’ includes, but is not limited to, the following actions:
  • Multi-posting — if you need to add something, and yours was the last post in the thread, edit your last post instead of adding a new one

KucukEniste said:
This reminded me another game, Of Kings and Men. Which has better combat than bannerlord . Attacks from 8 directions and Co op. This game gonna destroy bannerlord they said. Bannerlord will lost competition they said.

Nah, 4 directions are good enough. More isnt necessary for Third person view or more advanced either, the real reason makes it look outdated is swing directions look like they are fixed at x axis and y axis, why couldn't we be allowed to adjust a vertical chop from 90 degree of angle to 80 or 100 to make it looks less robotic? with only mouse drag and left button hold.

I have put a bunch of hours into Mordhau since release but let me tell you I dont think it has the hold that Warband does. I have played countless (literally because I dont have it on steam) hours on Warband both single player and multiplayer. In my mind it would be very hard to find another in theme game that is better than Warband or hopefully Bannerlord.

Scyrius said:
I have put a bunch of hours into Mordhau since release but let me tell you I dont think it has the hold that Warband does. I have played countless (literally because I dont have it on steam) hours on Warband both single player and multiplayer. In my mind it would be very hard to find another in theme game that is better than Warband or hopefully Bannerlord.
Agreed

Mordhau's visceral combat is amazing and has weight to it because of unreal engine 4 and 2019 release date. We cannot compare it to warband. Mount and blade is about kingdoms and how you dwell inbetween them, who you are and what you can do in the actual world of Calradia. Mordhau is allowing you to only be the dream mercenary you want through a plethora of customization items with different stats, combat styles and perks. Mordhau is pure combat and the things you can do and be creative to your swings and how to surpass an opponent is a huge factor. MnB is very different, both from strategic approach and actual combat gameplay. Its 2 different games that both do and achieve amazing things. I always see Warband as the CSGO of medieval games, simple to learn, hard as hell to master. Mordhau is something between CSGO+Battlefield of medieval games. Now I won't lie to you, if Mordhau had something like the Persistent World mod from Warband, that would draw ALOT of attention. But right now it does not. Still, despite of what is better as a general comparison, Mordhau is still the best game to play right now if you want something different than Warband, which is something I personally needed. I cant play PoP And mercs all day after 7 years. Lastly, mordhau is pure hypercombat. MnB is like chess in combat.

Huggles said:
AmateurHetman said:
tippybit said:

Unironically yes

Then you have no clue how much work goes into a campaign such as in Bannerlord or how much effort TWs have put into it.

578 said:
Mordhau's visceral combat is amazing and has weight to it because of unreal engine 4 and 2019 release date. We cannot compare it to warband. Mount and blade is about kingdoms and how you dwell inbetween them, who you are and what you can do in the actual world of Calradia. Mordhau is allowing you to only be the dream mercenary you want through a plethora of customization items with different stats, combat styles and perks. Mordhau is pure combat and the things you can do and be creative to your swings and how to surpass an opponent is a huge factor. MnB is very different, both from strategic approach and actual combat gameplay. Its 2 different games that both do and achieve amazing things. I always see Warband as the CSGO of medieval games, simple to learn, hard as hell to master. Mordhau is something between CSGO+Battlefield of medieval games. Now I won't lie to you, if Mordhau had something like the Persistent World mod from Warband, that would draw ALOT of attention. But right now it does not. Still, despite of what is better as a general comparison, Mordhau is still the best game to play right now if you want something different than Warband, which is something I personally needed. I cant play PoP And mercs all day after 7 years. Lastly, mordhau is pure hypercombat. MnB is like chess in combat.
Can't agree with you more.

Huggles said:
Held blocks are pretty problematic when it comes to melee games. It means a duel could last a crazy long time before you get a hit

I think this problem goes both ways, without freer blocking then the meta very quickly becomes: make your attack timing as off putting as possible. Warband meta became very fast paced, throwing as many attacks out as you could in multiple directions to confuse block direction and timing. Since Mordhau has no block directions, it's just about tricking your opponent into blocking too early, at which point they're screwed.

Of course there's more but that seems broadly the current styles of the two games and both have their pros and cons. Warband for me is much more reactive and allows more freedom, Mordhau is more about animations and creating an eccentric style. I think it's well made but its not for me and I think it definitely wont translate into team or group fight mechanics which is something M&B just excels at in the melee genre.

Also Mordhau bizarrely has health regen so duels can take a long time there too.

I remember in the video blog about the sound someone tell that the plate of Lamellar armour extended on and the graphics are outdated ..... and this is probably good graphics of new games ... and the armor in Mordhau almost all terrible and taken from different eras

I really dislike the non-directional blocking in Mordhau. Because of this feature clan/team play will be really tough. I would honestly have everyone bring shields.

KucukEniste said:

Of kings and men straight up lied about their product and never really released close to a fully realized vision of their game. It was dying like the day it "released."

Mordhau is exploding rn playerbase wise.

Bannerlord seems like it's in development hell rn.

Rather than gripe about how a different medieval game has been released before Bannerlord, why don't we wait and see how the game turns out, and hopefully get to enjoy multiple good games?

Why argue? Why not just enjoy different games?

BlazingScribe said:
Rather than gripe about how a different medieval game has been released before Bannerlord, why don't we wait and see how the game turns out, and hopefully get to enjoy multiple good games?

I want this genre to be as diverse and popular as possible, absolutely, I just want to point out what mordhau does right not slam warband/bannerlord.

Everyone here is just giving their opinion tho, it's a conversation, not a fight.

Huggles said:
BlazingScribe said:

I want this genre to be as diverse and popular as possible, absolutely, I just want to point out what mordhau does right not slam warband/bannerlord.

Everyone here is just giving their opinion tho, it's a conversation, not a fight.

That is absolutely fair.

The stuff ive heard about Mordhoe Ive heard about every other medieval game thats come out since bannerlord. It will die in a few months and people will still be playing Warband

Back
Top Bottom