Module System for version 0.960

Currently viewing this thread:

demize2010

Veteran
Armagan, how close will this module system be to that used in v1?

The only reason I ask is that i only want to do the porting work once :wink:

.960 the last release before gold? Happy happy days. Well done guys :grin:

Sibilance

Knight at Arms
M&BWB
This could be the best crop of M&B mods ever! Rock 'em, sock 'em, gentlemen, I can't wait to see what you create.

Hooray, Modders! Boo, Milwaukee! *jumps in the air and waves pom-poms madly* :mrgreen:

ealabor

Baron
WB
HardCode said:
Looks like a new troop flag: tf_randomize_face

I dont know what it is, but faces in .903 were randomizing on their own.. without a flag, even though I had assigned the units faces.

I hope there is an increase to face # limit for units in .960

Shik

Baron
M&BWBWF&S
I've noticed something new in the mercenary cavalry's inventory.

itm_lance|itm_bastard_sword,...

I have no idea what it means... Does that mean that they have a guaranteed chance of getting the lance, and will use the bastard sword as a secondary weapon?

Normally in programming "|" means "or".  So I guess they are guaranteed to get one or the other, or both (| is inclusive or, ^ is exclusive or, & is and, ~ is not).

HardCode

Master Knight
New Hero troop slots in action. I wonder what the assignment of a home village is for/is going to be for? (EDIT: Looks like it sets the location for when they initiate a dialog and tell you about the area.)

Code:
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc1", slot_troop_morality_type, tmt_egalitarian),  #borcha
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc1", slot_troop_morality_value, 4),  #borcha
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc1", slot_troop_2ary_morality_type, tmt_aristocratic),  #borcha
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc1", slot_troop_2ary_morality_value, -1),
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc1", slot_troop_personalityclash_object, "trp_npc7"),  #borcha - deshavi
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc1", slot_troop_personalityclash2_object, "trp_npc16"),  #borcha - klethi
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc1", slot_troop_personalitymatch_object, "trp_npc2"),  #borcha - marnid
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc1", slot_troop_home, "p_village_71"), #Tshibtin
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc1", slot_troop_payment_request, 300),

I guess there is some luck in the game now? I'll have to find where it is used :smile:

Code:
# Reducing luck by 1 in every 180 hours
  (180,
   [
     (val_sub, "$g_player_luck", 1),
     (val_max, "$g_player_luck", 0),
    ]),

Oh, SNAP! Looks like luck has to do with permanent damage!

Code:
"permanent_damage",mnf_disable_all_keys,
(str_store_string, s0, "@Some of your tendons have been damaged in the battle. You lose 1 strength."),
(str_store_string, s0, "@You took a nasty wound which will cause you to limp slightly even after it heals. Your lose 1 agility."),
(str_store_string, s0, "@You have trouble thinking straight after the battle, perhaps from a particularly hard hit to your head, and frequent headaches now plague your existence. Your intelligence is reduced by 1."),

Pagan

Sergeant Knight at Arms
what are the new music functions? can someone please elaborate. i don't mod myself, but im composing music for a couple mods, interested to know whats possible now.

thanks

HardCode

Master Knight
Erwin said:
Wha..? Screw that! :mad:
If that makes it into the game, it absolutely needs to be made optional.

It's probably intended as a penalty against never using the surrender option when you are outnumbered. In reality, late in the game fighting against all odds doesn't really produce a penalty. You can just stop at your castle to fetch a new army, or get a ton of recruits from villages whose opinion of you is likely 30 to 40+ by then (and you train them quickly with 7 Heroes with 2 or 3 training points each). This way, with the option of a permanent penalty, you'd have to surrender against horrible odds. (This script looks like it is called when your party gets wiped out.)

Llew2

Cheap ass bum
Count
M&BWB
Awesome!  :grin:

Fei Dao said:
I've noticed something new in the mercenary cavalry's inventory.

itm_lance|itm_bastard_sword,...

I have no idea what it means... Does that mean that they have a guaranteed chance of getting the lance, and will use the bastard sword as a secondary weapon?
I sure hope so!

Thorgrim

Knight at Arms
Great to see the latest module system in the hands of modders again.  Nice work Armagan.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with :smile:

What the ****?
This is finaly released and I can't even use it for some reason?
If I run build module it doesn't do anything except **** up and create a load of text files in my modules folder. :mad:
Someones cat is going to pay for it. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Top Bottom