Module System for version 0.960

Users who are viewing this thread

No presentation for custom banners is still in the compiled Native (check presentations.txt for prsnt_custom_banner), but cut from the module system. Okay we know there has to be things kept back for Retail but c'mon even the materials and textures are still there...

pentagathus said:
What the ****?
This is finaly released and I can't even use it for some reason?
If I run build module it doesn't do anything except **** up and create a load of text files in my modules folder. :mad:
Someones cat is going to pay for it. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Im pretty sure you forgot to add

Code:
@del *.pyc

.. to your bat file

Code:
python process_mission_tmps.py
python process_game_menus.py
python process_simple_triggers.py
python process_dialogs.py
python process_global_variables_unused.py
set PATH=%OLDPATH%
@del *.pyc               <--------------
echo.
echo ______________________________
echo.
echo Script processing has ended.
echo Press any key to exit. . .
pause>nul

im no expert, but im pretty sure thats the command that cleans up the extra files in your system folder.

also dont forget to edit your module_info to point the compile to the appropriate folders/version

ealabor said:
module_constants now imports to module_items

er..

Really? I didn't have any problems. Did you mess up your .bat file?

Also, I'm having the same problem as pentathagus.

I have my path correct, and I have @del *.pyc (Which by the way just cleans up .pyc files left behind, not .txt)

I think it might have something to do with the fact my module folders are read-only, but I'm not sure.

Fei thats a good thing.

In fact looks like alot of .py files have more cross references

found this in scripts

Code:
      (call_script, "script_initialize_npcs"),
      (assign, "$disable_npc_complaints", 0),

im sure theres an association which wll alow the player to flip the complaints on or off.

Finally the module system!!!
Thanks and God bless you Armagan!

EDIT:

I suspect that there is a problem with the module.ini of version 0.960.I downloaded the module system and made some modifications and everything worked fine.However when I attempted to put my items.brf file at under the resource folder,and when I entered the line:

load_module_resource = zeph_items

at the module.ini file...

When loading and when the game processing the module.ini file I got an assertion failure error.The textures are at the correct places.Everything is in place but the game just does not accept my brf file.I've checked if it was anything wrong with the brf file for the game to prevent from loading.. However the test worked fine.. At version 0.903 the game was able to load,and when processing the module ini no problem occured.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Am I missing something? Currently I can't add any items.Thank you.

I dont think anyone else has had that problem.  There is a chance that you downloaded version .960 and it became corrupt during the download.  That has happened to me before with another program.

grailknighthero said:
("hide",0, ["s_hide.wav"]),
("unhide",0, ["s_unhide.wav"]),

Has this always been in module sounds?

I would say yes but I don't think it has any function right now.

Must... resist... urge to port... 867 A.D. before... version one...

...girlfriend will... not forgive... betraying the... no modding for 6 months promise...

:???:

Thanks for the release Armagan.  :smile:

Interesting:

module constants

logent_poem_composed

walkert_needs_money        = 1
walkert_needs_money_helped = 2

There are now trade routes.

Goods are now produced by centers.

And all of the custom banner constants are still in there.

Zephrelial said:
When loading and when the game processing the module.ini file I got an assertion failure error.
Same problem 'ere. Assertion error, says something about strings and '(cursor + len) <= something' stuff. Without 'load_mod_resourse' entries in the .ini file, everything works fine.
Damn, this is bad.

EDIT: Solved. The problem was in messy .brf file.

Back
Top Bottom