Module System for version 0.960

Users who are viewing this thread

Armagan, how close will this module system be to that used in v1?

The only reason I ask is that i only want to do the porting work once :wink:

.960 the last release before gold? Happy happy days. Well done guys :grin:

This could be the best crop of M&B mods ever! Rock 'em, sock 'em, gentlemen, I can't wait to see what you create.

Hooray, Modders! Boo, Milwaukee! *jumps in the air and waves pom-poms madly* :mrgreen:

HardCode said:
Looks like a new troop flag: tf_randomize_face

I dont know what it is, but faces in .903 were randomizing on their own.. without a flag, even though I had assigned the units faces.

I hope there is an increase to face # limit for units in .960

I've noticed something new in the mercenary cavalry's inventory.

itm_lance|itm_bastard_sword,...

I have no idea what it means... Does that mean that they have a guaranteed chance of getting the lance, and will use the bastard sword as a secondary weapon?

New Hero troop slots in action. I wonder what the assignment of a home village is for/is going to be for? (EDIT: Looks like it sets the location for when they initiate a dialog and tell you about the area.)

Code:
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc1", slot_troop_morality_type, tmt_egalitarian),  #borcha
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc1", slot_troop_morality_value, 4),  #borcha
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc1", slot_troop_2ary_morality_type, tmt_aristocratic),  #borcha
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc1", slot_troop_2ary_morality_value, -1),
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc1", slot_troop_personalityclash_object, "trp_npc7"),  #borcha - deshavi
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc1", slot_troop_personalityclash2_object, "trp_npc16"),  #borcha - klethi
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc1", slot_troop_personalitymatch_object, "trp_npc2"),  #borcha - marnid
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc1", slot_troop_home, "p_village_71"), #Tshibtin
        (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc1", slot_troop_payment_request, 300),

I guess there is some luck in the game now? I'll have to find where it is used :smile:

Code:
# Reducing luck by 1 in every 180 hours
  (180,
   [
     (val_sub, "$g_player_luck", 1),
     (val_max, "$g_player_luck", 0),
    ]),

Oh, SNAP! Looks like luck has to do with permanent damage!

Code:
"permanent_damage",mnf_disable_all_keys,
(str_store_string, s0, "@Some of your tendons have been damaged in the battle. You lose 1 strength."),
(str_store_string, s0, "@You took a nasty wound which will cause you to limp slightly even after it heals. Your lose 1 agility."),
(str_store_string, s0, "@You have trouble thinking straight after the battle, perhaps from a particularly hard hit to your head, and frequent headaches now plague your existence. Your intelligence is reduced by 1."),

what are the new music functions? can someone please elaborate. i don't mod myself, but im composing music for a couple mods, interested to know whats possible now.

thanks

Erwin said:
Wha..? Screw that! :mad:
If that makes it into the game, it absolutely needs to be made optional.

It's probably intended as a penalty against never using the surrender option when you are outnumbered. In reality, late in the game fighting against all odds doesn't really produce a penalty. You can just stop at your castle to fetch a new army, or get a ton of recruits from villages whose opinion of you is likely 30 to 40+ by then (and you train them quickly with 7 Heroes with 2 or 3 training points each). This way, with the option of a permanent penalty, you'd have to surrender against horrible odds. (This script looks like it is called when your party gets wiped out.)

Awesome!  :grin:

Fei Dao said:
I've noticed something new in the mercenary cavalry's inventory.

itm_lance|itm_bastard_sword,...

I have no idea what it means... Does that mean that they have a guaranteed chance of getting the lance, and will use the bastard sword as a secondary weapon?
I sure hope so!

Great to see the latest module system in the hands of modders again.  Nice work Armagan.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with :smile:

What the ****?
This is finaly released and I can't even use it for some reason?
If I run build module it doesn't do anything except **** up and create a load of text files in my modules folder. :mad:
Someones cat is going to pay for it. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Back
Top Bottom