Modding Inspiration Thread (Brainstorm with me)

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm still hoping for a Caribbean-type of mod, 17th to 18th century West Indies with Naval Combat and boarding. Or even something like the Napoleonic era, but include the Naval battles that took place, something based around that. Be able to start as a simple captain, become a privateer or a pirate, take over other ships, make a fleet. Capture enemy ships and return it to the admiralty. Gain renown and climb the ranks till you become a Commodore or a Lord, then take over towns, manage fleets and trading.

Also, I don't know if this will be available in Bannerlord or not but-- Start your gameplay as the son of a Lord and be it's heir, instead of having to take over from NPCs. Be able to participate in politics from the get go, marry the daughter/son of another Lord for the promise of wealth and ally forcers. Also be able to do that, once you're a Lord and a King. Make your son/daughter marry the daughter/son of another Lord for wealth or power. If you wanna play as a merchant, farmer, be able to start a relationship with any type of NPC available in the world, a whore, a farmer's daughter, a simpler person, marry her, have children and stuff. Be able to enlist in the army and participate in battles, become a sargeant, then higher ranks. I don't know.

My idea (purely based off of the movie "Troy"): In whichever mod you are creating try to modify the siege/assault by sea. For example, if the attacker is attacking the city by sea the defenders come out of their castle to defend the coast line (which is easier to defend and strategically smart to do).

outcome 1: The defender wins and the attacker retreats
outcome 2: The attacker wins the coastal attack then comes to phase 2 which is starting to siege the city/castle like a normal siege

Ofc you could also just attack by land and have an easier siege, but my idea is set as an example if you are creating a mod (in the future) that requires you to lay siege to the castle by sea.

As you know, Bannerlord happend before Warband. In Warband we can collect samurai armor. I think a mode that we can duel with, or invite him on our group. This would be nice.

This will be weird but... A HARRY POTTER MOD. Instead of a big map, just one scene that is the castle of Hogwarts including everything. With the new lighting effects and magic stuff being usable in the engine this doesnt sound undoable, besides think about the robes with the new clothes system and you can create childs and adolescents in this game. There could be a roleplay story or something like that, and even if its not doable it would make a great replacement for the bizarre Harry Potter RP in gmod, a harry potter persisent world would be really fun. Someone think about this lmao. Im not even a potter head but its just too dreamy to think about

I would like to see a necromancer mod, where you and a few others, can raise your dead troops. First time as zombies, those vulnerable to slash damage for instance, then when zombies die, they turn into skeletons (not while in the battle though). Skeletons being vulnerable to crush dmg.

Ok, my dream mod is a total conversion mod based on Frank Hebert's Dune.
The game would take place in Arrakis, the desert planet.
The faction/clan system of the base game would fit nicely to have all the families and cultures from the books.
One could have all the troops like different Fremen warriors, elite Sardaukars, Atreides soldiers etc.
The combat system would fit perfectly to include melee sword fights, ranged blaster fights and shields converted to Holtzman Shields.
One could also try to switch the mounted cavalry of the base game to the hovercrafts and ornicopters etc. (i dont know if that would work lol)

During the campaign map gameplay, the characters would be mounted on the above-mentioned flying engines, navigating the dunes of Arrakis.
I would personally choose the timeline of the book 'Children of Dune' so that some parts of the planet had ungerdone the climate change, blossoming with green flora near the water.
Imagine all the city scenes of Fremen underground caverns, regular Fremen orgies, newly formed surface cities etc.
Chilling in a damp Fremen tavern with your blue eyed lads, smoking up melange would a a memorable event for sure.
One could create melange mines on the campaign map which would be like castle fiefs from the base game where one would need to lay sieges to acquire, and then they would need to create safe caravan routes to bring the melange back to the cities, which would create the much needed "Spice flow"
Melange would be the most important currency in the game, if you were low on melange your cities and troops would slowly fade into chaos, and a well melange-fed army would carry some perks with them.
Don't even get me started about the sandworm encounters that you would have to engage in around your melange mines, to protect them.

Please don't consider this post as a developer post, since I'm not even sure if all these features can be modded and are supported by our engine.
But daamn, I'd play the **** out of this.

Last edited:
@alieser
I recently started the Dune series, and Im currently on Children of Dune. I really like the idea but I think a few concepts would be really janky in M&B, such as the guns and ornithopter mounts. I think you can compare it to some of the Star Wars mods easily. Despite the really cool setting, it was very crude and wasn't fun to stand shooting at each other for minutes at a time.

Now I don't know how present guns are in the series but you hear a ton about them and those taser-like things. Most of the melee combat seemed to be done in duels, but again I'm not sure.

I would also go with an anachronistic approach. The world of Children of Dune is best, but I would have many factions/characters that do not fit this time. Again I'll compare to how the Star Wars mods did this well. I would put Atreides, Harkonnen, Imperials, Fremen, Trades Guild, and maybe a few more all on the planet. You'd have to make the call as to where certain characters like Paul allign but I'd rather have this variety than worry about being no canonical.

Nova Aetas. A Bannerlord remake. Complete with mosques, cathedrals, etc. Would love to see some stained glass windows, and spacious indoor areas. It would also be a great test to see how far we can push systems with mods =)

But we all know that in reality, someone out there will probably find a way to make an adult mod first and foremost.

Hello everyone i thought of Mod for banner lord its story type mod (when you spawn you get message from your from who is king of another empire and asking you to gather Keys to open the gate which will open another dimension where your father army want to invade Same as perisno Mod from warband but you are one of them and story continue on and after some battle You get messager says your father Died in the battle and you are the next ruler and some lords Wont like that and they make rebellion on you after and the empire become 2 faction after some time someone of your companion Try to make meeting btween the 2 faction and when the meeting start and after some time of talking You get 2 options 1- Assassinate the rebellion faction leader which will make you lose alot of honor and relation with every lord on the land and every faction will declare war on you 2- make a battlle where you fight the faction leader and you need to kill him Btw i didnt play bannerlord yet so i dont know if there is honor rating

Companions. Lots of companions. Lots and lots and lots of companions.

When you think about it, everyone else is just cannon fodder.

some of the companions that are ingame right now (v.1.0.3) have generic texts. I am convinced TW will add alot more variation when it comes to companions :smile:

Native already got 100+ looter armies :grin:
i mean like anno 1251 or something from warband, when you fought against bandits, sometimes it was randomized that they would ambush you; so instead of charging to one another, the bandits would come out of every corner of the forest.

And add be able to customize before battle model of behavior of warriors in battle. (Tactical formation, Permission to fire, and more) Make the attack button quickly accessible.

-Fantasy Setting with a few different playable races, a couple being inhuman in appearance.
-Large ruins from an ancient magical empire that crumbled and no one knows why, but these ruins can vast (far larger than cities) and exist throughout the world. Some cities are built upon them, or on corners of them.
-Magic system, allowing some customization in spells and playstyles. Mage, Shaman, Summoner, Spellblade, Magic Assassin, etc
-Examples of races: The classics like Elves and Dwarves, inhuman creatures like Lizardmen.
-Specific race Idea is a race of bird men based on vultures (bearded vultures especially), hawks, and crows. Nomadic and shamanistic. Skilled at stealth, bows, athletics, scouting and one handed weapons. Fairly savage race, would be called carrion feeders as a slur. Think Kenku from D&D, or the Arakkoa from World of Warcraft, but larger and more fearsome.
-As implied, stealth added as a mechanic both in battle map and overmap, sneaky assassination missions, more applications of subterfuge
-Dynamic quests involving hunting monsters, finding artifacts, clearing out bandit camps, going after bounties, gathering materials in the wilds, etc

Hopefully thats ridiculous enough

Edit: Lets add monster capturing and taming in there as well, why not

Last edited:
First off, i would like to thank all you modders out there for all the job you put in to making this great game even greater :grin:
My programing skills are below zero so thought i would chare an idea i have when it comes to atacking the hidden camps. Is it possible to make the camps raidable during the day aswell, and if you do it by day you are able to use your whole army. If you chose to do it during the day the amount of enemies in the camps will increase a lot. But if you chose to do it during the night it will stay as it is now.

There can be libraries or books (I think entering into a library and experiencing that ambiance will be fun) where you can learn smithing, steward or engineering

Total conversion for Heroes III Might & Magic

Homm3boxart.jpg

Add display "route" your army in map. Put point between a route will allow you to adjust the route as you need it.
Add design mode as in town-planning simulators. Location and movement of buildings, walls, towers. This will allow you to set up castles, cities, villages, and modulate them from scratch. Or destroy them as in Total War: Attila.

I understand that these things need detailing, and creating them will take a long time (maybe). But it may interest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom