Modding Inspiration Thread (Brainstorm with me)

Users who are viewing this thread

. . .
Advanced diplomacy mod: Adds lots of political influence tools, such as using assassination, using enemy lord's wife/husband to persuade him/her, being able to talk with other lords' children to get a good relation with them so friendship with those clans will be guaranteed in future, deep bribery system where merchant playthrough will let player do as many thing as one could do with military playthrough, Senate (where we need to interact with a dozen or so senate members if government type of faction is senate) etc. Factions will be able to become tributary of another faction after a war, until they rebel and win against overlord faction.
Family dispute mod: Adds possible war within clan if there are more than one children in family and one of them disagrees with other one's rule.
. . .
Absolutely this. Anything that can reasonably flesh out character interactions is a huge plus in my eyes.

A few more bardic/Troubadour type elements, for making charisma heavy type chars - Oh and seducing the other Lord's and Ladies spouses :fruity:, think of the rivalries!!! :iamamoron: an in depth rivalry system i guess too, culturally/nobility/chivalry/interaction based.

Wait for it... Warband Mod

AND.... 1257 Crusades with Saladin, Templars, Hospitallers, France, etc

If there's going to be a Rome mod... please set it in the Era of Julius Caesar fighting the Gaelic Tribes, then a Civil War breaking out, where you could serve Caesar at the start of the Campaign, to the end of his life, potentially becoming Dictator for life in his place and killing the traitors and ending the civil war... PLEASE

- Freelancer but overhauled (enlist in lord army)
- Battle AI enhancer and strategic AI enhancer
- Mod which adds a load of "fitting" music to the game
- Total conversion mods like LOTR, GOT, Gekokujo etc.

Last edited:
+1 Political map
Besides a political map I think it would be pretty cool to have borders in the map. So you could see which faction's land you are currently in.
This could also have extra functions. Like if you attack an Aserai caravan in Empire lands, your relationship with Aserai and Empire would deteriorate. (assuming Empire and Aserai aren't in war with each other)

Another map related idea I have is hiring someone to draw a map of Calradia. You start with an empty canvas, as you travel between cities and towns. map gets filled. Map quality would depend on your cartographer's skill.
Technically this is kinda meaningless since you can see all city names when you zoom out. But maybe it could be accessible while talking with NPCs, diplomacy screens etc.
also all the caravans moving in a faction area will pay fee to the nearest town/castle or it will go to the king of that faction.

Great idea! I would love to have an alchemist lab/NPC expand from working on the practical nitre and gunpowder you mentioned to other real things like Quicklime, Naphtha, Greek fire (hopefully naval battles become more of a thing to see this truly shine), and Aqua regia (which would be made useful to hide/smuggle out your currency, during a siege your're bound to loose); and also perhaps onto a "Philosophers Stone" type con/quest/scheme/fraud where the alchemist can produce various poisons, marginal panaceas and elusive elixirs for profit with likely little practical/real use (which would have to depend on something like your rulers reputation and civilian morale, as I wouldn't want these trade items to break the realism), so if you can hold onto your alchemists ambition and your peoples trust, you can build enough notoriety for him to get away with researching electroplating, in order to fraud the transmutation of metals so as to make devalued currency, gold plated statues, armor, etc. Of course this would be a risky enterprise as the other factions alchemists could potentially find out by testing them.

Obviously plate armor research wouldn't be within the Alchemists domain, which is why I think having the buildings/npcs devoted to the task of advancing armor and the weapons that pierce(/subdue man-catchers?) it would be done by the Blacksmith and would be VERY expensive which is why it would take so long. Perhaps the more "exotic" tools of destruction (hand cannons, repeating bows/crossbows, flame/rocket arrows/bolts, flamethrowers, higher quality gunpowder) found in your travels would have to be brought back to your smiths/alchemists in working condition in order to break them down and begin their painstaking research. Engineers should also have more research/skills tied into this as well, like weaponizing the wagon-carts into better mobile forts, mining tools for use in longer sieges (which could be detected/sabotaged by the besieged engineers during the siege setup phase and because the "tunnel decals" would likely only work in a few random spots in the siege map, your troops would have to be "teleported" one after another with a slight delay to account for the narrow passage of the unplayable underground travel), "bio-weapon" (corpses, rotten food supplies, etc) catapults could be modified for use on the field as well.

Addition of plate armor, halberds, cannon, and muskets. Early Renaissance ****. Via a tech tree.

These would either be slowly unlocked at specific years in the game, or factions would have to build buildings in their towns and actively research them in order to contribute to their discovery. Ability to toggle on/off whether or not you want a certain tech to be researchable (so you wouldn’t be forced to play with muskets at the end of a 500 year long game).

but tbh I’d rather it be an official expansion. Just some mechanic that lets our nations feel like they’re evolving. Probably out of scope for a hack and slash rpg, but a boy can dream

index.jpg

a lot of new missions that take place within the imperial city, to turn it into a kind of GTA. expand this to other cities and one day make it a game with thousands of missions.
That's what I plan to do, someday when I learn to program in C ...

a lot of new missions that take place within the imperial city, to turn it into a kind of GTA. expand this to other cities and one day make it a game with thousands of missions.
That's what I plan to do, someday when I learn to program in C ...
First thing, someone would have to figure out a way to make civilians/guards killable in cities. And for a wanted system to be developed to run parallel to the criminal notoriety rating. was there ever anything like that for Warband, does anyone know?

Slings? They were in Viking Conquest and it seems like a good weapon for lower class units like rabble.

Another idea could be small quality of life type mods like being able to rename custom weapons (if you can’t already) and other such things.
Without modding tools modders will be limited in what they can accomplish easily and thus I think it’s better to start smaller rather than larger.
There's a low tier unit in the MP Beta with a sling isn't there?

First thing, someone would have to figure out a way to make civilians/guards killable in cities. And for a wanted system to be developed to run parallel to the criminal notoriety rating. was there ever anything like that for Warband, does anyone know?

I'm not say it to the point of killing civilians or attacking people, but rather on the side of missions and touring the city to fulfill them.
As for example in this video, at 12:35.

That code can be used.

I'm not say it to the point of killing civilians or attacking people, but rather on the side of missions and touring the city to fulfill them.
As for example in this video, at 12:35.

That code can be used.

Oh for sure, I just mean if you have to assassinate a couple of, let’s say, town heralds, it would be interesting if you had to avoid collateral damage lest you rack up some significant penalties.

Oh for sure, I just mean if you have to assassinate a couple of, let’s say, town heralds, it would be interesting if you had to avoid collateral damage lest you rack up some significant penalties.

Well, that can be added and regulated to each particular mission, using the existing penalty system.
It would also be good to do generic missions like those that already exist, add many more, missions that can be commissioned in any city by the mayor, giving much more immersion to the game and role-playing.

A mod where you can buy an estate and decorate it, something like Corvo Bianco from Witcher 3. There is a nice house in mp_ruins map, maybe something like that with interiors.
I like this, and since weapon customization will be a thing, being able to show off our customized swords in a small armory room in our house would be cool.

Last edited:
Dawn of the Empire mod

The majority of the map is occupied by small independent Battanian Clans with slight cultural variations. Some are pure berserker others more archer oriented and so on.
Metal armour is rare. Only lords and elite troops have them. The rest mostly fur, leather or naked.
In the center are the Calradoi. An alliance of allied trade cities.
Player can either destroy the Empire in its infancy or help it rise to its glorious destiny.

Back
Top Bottom