Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

if anyone would help me making this mod then ofc they would not be wearing surcoats. In fact vikings usually never wear any armor mostly just their clothes or a simple leather armor and a helmet and a shield

i think there should be a mod that follows the story of Dragon Age: Origins the PC game but it would be crazier cause the mount and blade battle system

tell me if you like my idea

Out Go the lights.

Basically its a period mod, set in the dark ages, so most soldiers will be very poorly armed or armoured, most wearing just more than cloth and armed with scramseax and spears. troops can be upgraded, but one must pay for equipment. Crossbows are nonexistant, horses are so expensive as to be mostly irrelevant, and castles are little more than wood fortresses. Swords are only for the wealthy, axes for the strong and the brave. Disease is rampant and dark superstition rules the land.

there are 4 Factions:

The Heermana

a german faction, loosely based on the saxons and the danes, the usual spear mob armed with round shields, with limited archer auxilia, backed up by strong and powerful axemen. heavy infantry are second to none.

The Cymri : leader: Ardwer

A briton faction. the spear mob with longer pikes are backed up by powerful light cavalry and strong archers. reliance on massed tactics rather than individual skill

The Gaelis: Carven

the 'celt' faction. spears are augmented with more swords, axes and clubs. extraordinarily powerful on the attack but limited defense. powerful javelineers and skirmishers

the empire

heavily armed but very expensive soldiers. work based on cohesion rather than individual skill. cavalry second only to the cymri and infantry second only to the Heermana

this is of course different to EnW because the map is still calradia.

borderreaver said:
Out Go the lights.

Basically its a period mod, set in the dark ages, so most soldiers will be very poorly armed or armoured, most wearing just more than cloth and armed with scramseax and spears. troops can be upgraded, but one must pay for equipment. Crossbows are nonexistant, horses are so expensive as to be mostly irrelevant, and castles are little more than wood fortresses. Swords are only for the wealthy, axes for the strong and the brave. Disease is rampant and dark superstition rules the land.

there are 4 Factions:

The Heermana

a german faction, loosely based on the saxons and the danes, the usual spear mob armed with round shields, with limited archer auxilia, backed up by strong and powerful axemen. heavy infantry are second to none.

The Cymri : leader: Ardwer

A briton faction. the spear mob with longer pikes are backed up by powerful light cavalry and strong archers. reliance on massed tactics rather than individual skill

The Gaelis: Carven

the 'celt' faction. spears are augmented with more swords, axes and clubs. extraordinarily powerful on the attack but limited defense. powerful javelineers and skirmishers

the empire

heavily armed but very expensive soldiers. work based on cohesion rather than individual skill. cavalry second only to the cymri and infantry second only to the Heermana

this is of course different to EnW because the map is still calradia.
that actually sounds pretty cool

ofc some off them wore chainmail but most of the vikings were just farmers sons who go out to make a name off them selfs. they would usualy not buy chainmail becouse its expensive and they would loot it from castles or towns they would raid.also chainmail is not a good choice when you are sailing specialy not on longboats when you need to be swift and agile . and i got those fact from school belive me in iceland you start learning about vikings from 4th-10th grade  :wink:

For Warband, A mod that lets you create you own troops for you kingdom. Like when you start your kingdom you make a troop tree and give the troops names, and pick their equipment and skills.

WiSe-GuY said:
For Warband, A mod that lets you create you own troops for you kingdom. Like when you start your kingdom you make a troop tree and give the troops names, and pick their equipment and skills.
dude that would be sweet but i dont know if it is possible

richeldsm said:
WiSe-GuY said:
Well I think it probably is. I came up with the idea when I saw the mod that adds troops into the game. We just need a really good mod creator most likely.

WiSe-GuY said:
richeldsm said:
WiSe-GuY said:
Well I think it probably is. I came up with the idea when I saw the mod that adds troops into the game. We just need a really good mod creator most likely.
yah thats true

Looking for an Armored Camel Texture for Sarranid Sultanate and an Elephant Texture or maybe an Armored Elephant Texture.

Also a cool faction with culture of the country of India.

ejnomad07 said:
Medieval Japan
No one could stand up to the Samurai nor the Ninja!

For Melee you have:
- katana (Curved Sword)
- wakizashi (Small Katana used for close combat such as indoors)
- tanto (Type of knife)
- Tesson (Iron Fan)
- Jutte (Iron truncheon)
- Manrikigusari (Metal Chain Weapon) Odds are Mount & Blade's Engine couldn't do this one.

For Range you have:
- Shurikens (Short range dagger(Non-star form version)/Throwing weapon)
- Yumi (Short Bow)
- Dai-kyu (Long Bow used from Horseback)
- Bamboo Arrows

Armor:
What's not to love? Gotta love those helmets.

Oh and I'd make the Ninjas not seen in parties from the world map. That would make people paranoid on AI troop sizes for sure.

Bandit faction is neat, but I wouldn't want it a full blown faction so much, but more something with depth on hideouts and making them better group oriented. Also then all the Bandit's wouldn't be allied with the other hideout groups but would fight with them for space.
This

Weren't the Yumi  generally around 7 feet tall? By about nobody's standards was it a 'Short bow,' also the katana and wakizashi are already in native.

Ravenheild said:
Weren't the Yumi  generally around 7 feet tall? By about nobody's standards was it a 'Short bow,' also the katana and wakizashi are already in native.
I didn't come up with the idea and I don't have any clue about Japanese medieval culture.

Back
Top Bottom