Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Necrash said:
I really would like to just get a mod where I could import my other already saved characters.
Anyway mabe this can be made by only making it available to change borcha & marin name.
And well importing then yer what ever already made char.
If this exist can you link me pliz im ahhh totaly in the dark about creating mods scripting all that good stuff.
Just like M&B for what it is but I dont like the fact i cant import the character I first played into borcha spot.

Can any one help!!! PLIZ!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have you ever thought of exporting your old character, then open the export file, save the content and simply copy into the export file of the game you are just playing? This should function without any mod.

An idea I posted here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=118332.new#new, and others expanded on.
Basically the idea is Army Management.

You can manipulate your troops wages to determine moral:
Low wages = low morale
Medium wages = no effect on morale
High wages = high morale

LastRoman's idea is to manipulate the rigor of your army's training:
hard = you will get very high unit exp after each day training, but you will loose morale
medium = you will get normal unit exp and you will not gain/lose any morale
low = you will get very low unit exp, but you will gain morale

if your army's morale becomes too low, there can be a scene (much like a city or village bandit attack) half a dozen of your soldiers attack your tent at night.

I really think dynamic armies would add alot to the game, especially for someone like me who really doesn't care much for owning castles and cities, but wants to be a great leader of men.

MERCenary Mod ( for Warband)

My idea is about a Mod in which you play the role of a medieval mercenary. So instead of playing as a captain of a mercenary company, you are common ( or later a renowned) soldier member of one!

So the story would go as the following: You were born a peasant  but your village gets raided and you have nothing left in your life, so you decide to become strong to never be opressed again.
So you grab a weapon and the armour of a soldier who died in the raid and go in search of a captain or a lord to sell your services, but only in exchange of gold and a promisse that you would become stronger.

The game starts in a tavern where you have around 4-5 mercenary captains who will tell you what will you do and what you will get.
For example: 1º Mercenary Captain says that you will receive 25denars for each battle won and everything you can loot in a village and 5denars for each captured prisoner sold. 2º Mercenary says that you will receive 15denars for each battle won but 50denars/week, 50 denars for each pillaged village and 0 denars for each captured prisoner sold.
There will be several different mercenary companies, and of course Lord companies, and you will be able to join better merc companies as your level advances and your renown. If you are level 5 you will be able to have better weapons and be better paid by mercenary companies ( just like what in Warband you have to do to your soldiers as they raise tier) And if you are level 30, King Harlaus ( or anyone else depending on what you want for the mod) will want to hire you as a soldier, or if you have 1500renown you will be able to join better merc companies.
Of course items will be different and the prices will change. No longer you will have weapons at 10k denars, but weapons from 10 to 4000 denars, and most of them between 15 to 300, and the same goes to armor between 10 to 4000 denars. To make it realistic the fact of a 30denars weeks wage and share of loot of a footman allowing the footman to buy decent weapon+armour with it. And not the absurd in warband of paying 10denars of a medium tier unit/a week and the cheapest weapon in the market like a sickle or a pitchfork costing 37 to 50denars. But of course crafty weapons and non-standard weapons/armors will have great prices and will be only reserved to renowned, high level and rich mercenaries.
Cool features to spend your money! Like different drinks in a tavern who will allow you to restore hp ( this has already been made in 1866mod), prostitutes, better food that will improve your stats ( will act as normal food in warband, only that instead raising moral, it will raise your stats, normal food in MERCenary mod will grant you nothing and it will be given for free by you mercenary captain)
Cool interface features like talking to your mercenary captain about company situation, relation with other mercenaries/footmen, occasioaly Mercenary captain will hire a woman and you will be able to ask mercenary captain to date her/talk to her and even mary her! Ask your mercenary captain for more action! a raise! Or if you wanna leave company, to leave it and search for a better one!
When your mercenary captain gets to a city/stays in a city you will be able to buy better weapons/armors/horses ( but if you serve a faction lord you will have limited gear, like being a footman in an army you must wear its tabard, its shield and its armor). In Battles captain or lord will tell you what to do, so you will have to stay in line, fire at will, charge, march or hold the line until death.
I don't know how can you implement discipline system or if its possible to do it, but making it punisheable to fall from the line, run from battle, leave company without asking the company captain would be really good.

So this is basicly it! Please tell me what you think of the idea, give your idea, tell things that would improve it, and if you are interested in creating such a mod please PM me!

Derra said:
MERCenary Mod ( for Warband)

My idea is about a Mod in which you play the role of a medieval mercenary. So instead of playing as a captain of a mercenary company, you are common ( or later a renowned) soldier member of one!

So the story would go as the following: You were born a peasant  but your village gets raided and you have nothing left in your life, so you decide to become strong to never be opressed again.
So you grab a weapon and the armour of a soldier who died in the raid and go in search of a captain or a lord to sell your services, but only in exchange of gold and a promisse that you would become stronger.

The game starts in a tavern where you have around 4-5 mercenary captains who will tell you what will you do and what you will get.
For example: 1º Mercenary Captain says that you will receive 25denars for each battle won and everything you can loot in a village and 5denars for each captured prisoner sold. 2º Mercenary says that you will receive 15denars for each battle won but 50denars/week, 50 denars for each pillaged village and 0 denars for each captured prisoner sold.
There will be several different mercenary companies, and of course Lord companies, and you will be able to join better merc companies as your level advances and your renown. If you are level 5 you will be able to have better weapons and be better paid by mercenary companies ( just like what in Warband you have to do to your soldiers as they raise tier) And if you are level 30, King Harlaus ( or anyone else depending on what you want for the mod) will want to hire you as a soldier, or if you have 1500renown you will be able to join better merc companies.
Of course items will be different and the prices will change. No longer you will have weapons at 10k denars, but weapons from 10 to 4000 denars, and most of them between 15 to 300, and the same goes to armor between 10 to 4000 denars. To make it realistic the fact of a 30denars weeks wage and share of loot of a footman allowing the footman to buy decent weapon+armour with it. And not the absurd in warband of paying 10denars of a medium tier unit/a week and the cheapest weapon in the market like a sickle or a pitchfork costing 37 to 50denars. But of course crafty weapons and non-standard weapons/armors will have great prices and will be only reserved to renowned, high level and rich mercenaries.
Cool features to spend your money! Like different drinks in a tavern who will allow you to restore hp ( this has already been made in 1866mod), prostitutes, better food that will improve your stats ( will act as normal food in warband, only that instead raising moral, it will raise your stats, normal food in MERCenary mod will grant you nothing and it will be given for free by you mercenary captain)
Cool interface features like talking to your mercenary captain about company situation, relation with other mercenaries/footmen, occasioaly Mercenary captain will hire a woman and you will be able to ask mercenary captain to date her/talk to her and even mary her! Ask your mercenary captain for more action! a raise! Or if you wanna leave company, to leave it and search for a better one!
When your mercenary captain gets to a city/stays in a city you will be able to buy better weapons/armors/horses ( but if you serve a faction lord you will have limited gear, like being a footman in an army you must wear its tabard, its shield and its armor). In Battles captain or lord will tell you what to do, so you will have to stay in line, fire at will, charge, march or hold the line until death.
I don't know how can you implement discipline system or if its possible to do it, but making it punisheable to fall from the line, run from battle, leave company without asking the company captain would be really good.

So this is basicly it! Please tell me what you think of the idea, give your idea, tell things that would improve it, and if you are interested in creating such a mod please PM me!

I have always wanted a mod like this, kudos! I love the idea.

:grin: I would kill to see a new world mod set in North America . I think it would be awsome if food was very rare and people had to hunt for most of it, so most party's would be relitivly small and settlments would be extremly rare and far apart.

http://www.urbanprophet.com/Nuke/html/                <------------ The Last Winter

Wrath of the Nine              (For Warband)

This is just an Idea of an Minimod. The idea is - 8 Nazguls and 1 Witch king. 1 Nazgul should be as strong as 50 Infantry. Like it can kill 10 Troops with one hit. And of course the Clothing. Black robes (Not a robe like originally in M&B . You can find Nazgul pictures from Google Picture ). And they will start invading different places like Vaegir , Swadians and so on. Also , you could sneak into the place of Nazguls and Witch King. And in there , is an Nazgul clothing. So , you could look like a Nazgul too. The place of Nazguls should be very Creepy. Dark clouds , dead animals , huge forest .

Nazgul's special weapon : Screech . Damages nearby Enemies for 25 health. (Once in one battle)

After Nazgul invaded an Castle

There will be 80 Undead Warriors in it. They can be something like Skeletons or so. Or just Corpses or something. With Wooden sticks , metal sticks and Thrown sharp Wooden sticks or something.

After Nazgul invaded an Town

230 Undead Warriors inside the Town.

After Nazgul invaded a Village

Nazgul Party gets 25 Undead Warriors to his party.

Defeated by an Nazgul

Nazgul will ask you to join them , getting stronger , more health , doing quests for the Witch King and Nazguls , invading cities , like Nazguls did before.

NOTE: This is just an Idea , I tought this will look pretty cool , but if you think it's not cool or something , just don't start flaming. Keep your opinions for yourself.

bobthehero said:
Hiya, i support the mercs mod, it would be a nice change to part of an army for a change!
Hi from me too :grin:.I think that the mercs mod is very cool, and i have some  ideas:
1.New Controls:I think that there should be a new control to toggle between running and walking.
2.Importing new characters:For examp.-The party rests in a tavern.There is the NPC Nizar.The Captain is looking for a new recruit.You tell him that you found a recruit.You can even receive a prize:from 50 to 100 denars.These are my ideas, if you like it-Great!If not-Screw you!!

After watching the 13th warrior for like the 10th time, I think this would be a great mod :mrgreen:

The player could have his 12 norse companions and have to conquer the Ven (largest faction) - ruled of course by their Queen.
Perhaps the other nations could be made into Norse tribes or clans ruled by a chieftain, or there could be the Bulgars and Tartars like mentioned at the start of the film.
I know the Ven lived in a cave and would seem strange having cities etc, but hey, just a rough idea.

Anyone else enjoy the film and like to see a mod based around it?

Back
Top Bottom