block
feint then attack "delivered 21 damage"
hold the swing then attack "delivered 24 damage"
feint then attack " delivered 28 damage"
block
hold then attack " delivered 22 damage "

BAAAAAAAM
javelin hits u "u die"

Do human players ever get as good as the AI currently is with javelins?

I almost always use bows for ranged, so when I end up with javelins in a tournament I find them hard to use and can never produce the kind of pinpoint skull splitting carnage that the AI units pull off.

i use javelins and throwing weapons, there not as good as bows at low range but at mid range there easy to use and do more damage from what iv used, i use mace and shield and my mace can do 40-60dmg especially if u hit them in the face pow xD

I play predominantly on foot using a 2H axe and my experience couldn't be more different.

I usually kill 2 enemies per swing, rarely needing to block.

Javelins do seem deadlier after a recent patch, but I have no issues with that. They shouldn't tickle, they're javelins.

I like Javelins- they are my goto ranged weapon because they are pretty much 1 shot 1 kill. With 4 weapons slots I can take a mace, shield and 10 javelins that do 80-200+ damage. Bows with 2 quivers have slightly higher potential kills with headshots but I don't find them nearly as satisfying. Also- more than 50% of units have javelins so... that is a lot of javelins to pick up off the ground and I find myself routinely with spare javelins still at the end of a battle and that never happened in M&B or Warband.

The one time I find them super awkward is in siege defense- aiming down from the walls is really difficult.

In tournaments you circle around the ai while you are fighting him in melee and its easier to kill him
with javelins , there are op asf lol i cant kill as many soldiers compared to someone using the bow however 90 percent of the time i can kill anyone while throwing them from horse back
in sieges its not as effective if they are at the top of the castle walls howerver in the small windows and gaps i hit them in the face and its satisfying lol
downside with javelins on foot is that they are heavy as **** making you run heaps slow lol
Harpoons do like 120+base dmg if i remember correctly the most dmg javelins in the game
I made this the other week and you can see how good the javelins are minus the low ammo lol

Melee in general is difficult in a battle because i generally get swamed if im not sticking with my infantry while they take the intial clash and i come in from the side with my berserkers going ape **** lol
Apologies if the video concerns anyone i can remove it straight away

I play only SP. I have to say that Bannerlord have very much improved foot melee in comparison to previous games if you invest in athletics.

When I create new char I choose all options improving athletics so from the start I have 50 plus 4-5 focuses, then I "grind" first hideout - tutorial with mace to not kill them so I can do 1 hour grinding my athletics one hand or even better - spear - polearm. It seems to me that I get more bonus to athletics using spear than one hand. When you are quick you do not have problem with blocking you just dodge - run to the side and hit back.

Zwei-axe is just too good to not use it, I make one compagnion a BS to produce later Bardiches but that weapon is too slow if not enough skill char has so at first either fast axe or rather zwei-falx is better to get "strong" then taking slow weapon is good choice. Also mind your gear what weight it has. It is better to have something like northern lammelar 1,8 weight to around 10 kilos chainmail.

From mount it is easier but if you have good athletics you will do much more dmg if you just wait on the flank leting enemy to engage your line then you like a shock trooper start to kill them from the side - two per hit in no time - finally why mount a horse then :smile:

(Only what is similar for me on mount is using fine steel menavlion - mounted - though it kills just one per hit it has more reach and even more dmg.)

Do human players ever get as good as the AI currently is with javelins?

I almost always use bows for ranged, so when I end up with javelins in a tournament I find them hard to use and can never produce the kind of pinpoint skull splitting carnage that the AI units pull off.
I mean, that depends on how well your insight is... I use javelins all the time, even when doing hideouts i try to keep one for the boss fight and fight him one on one, take my javelin and headshot him.

Athletics in the 200 range makes a huge difference. In Hideouts I send my ranged team in on Charge, and I can run ahead and flank the enemies with my javelins, moving in and out of cover of trees. I couldn't do that when I started--I would have been dead on approach.

EDIT: also in Arena. Having high Athletics makes the matchups so much easier. Shield + Spear? Easy when you can move quickly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom