Need More Info Massive Memory draw/leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Current OS: Windows 7
Specs:
Intel Core i5 4670K @ 3.40GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3

The game is currently installed on my Western Digital SSD.
I have had no issues like this in any other game; ever.

When I start Mount & Blade: Bannerlord, my Memory usage is at about 3 out of 16GB. This can change depending on what I have open at the time (Browser tabs, music player; VOIP client, e.t.c), but a fair number is 2-4GB average usage when not playing games.

After about 10 minutes of playing, I can visibly see my Memory usage go up, sometimes by 1-2 GB. After another 10 minutes, It goes higher, and higher. I have included some images to help show relevance. I started at 1.7/16GB, and within about 40 minutes I was over 9GB. At an hour, I was over 14GB.

Some issues included:
When I exit Bannerlord after playing for 40+ minutes, my computer will stutter and freeze for several minutes and run very slow until it manages to sort itself out.
As I progress to the roughly 60 minute doomsday mark, load times increase, textures are "flat" and suddenly pop in, and I can freeze for a minute or more at a time leaving places (i.e an inner town zone, a tournament).

If I can provide any more information; please let me know.
Images for reference.
9a0fia.png
k9d9tc.png
rem3mg.png
You will notice some discrepancies between the "Up Time", but that's because I took the pictures slightly out-of-order.
Edit: Unrelated, but it'd be nice to know why my profile picture and name are different than what I set.

I have the same problem, I usually restart game every 1 hours or less to solve this.
Hope they will fix it soon.

Windows 10, RTX 2060, Ryzen 5 3600, 16gbs RAM, been having stutters as the playthrough progresses in time, currently in winter 21 1084, in the beginning it was very smooth, stutters began when I moved into Vlandia during winter (when the snow creeps south). I think the game has a memory leak.

PS: Why my avatar is Lady whatever?

I'd also like to mention I've tried various graphics settings, from potato to masterwork to seemingly no avail. I think that having a smaller windowed resolution helps somewhat, but then I can't join battles because the selections are missing, so that's a no-go. I think I'll put the game on the backburner for now until things get fixed.

Just a quick update: The 1.0.4e patch didn't seem to help much. I don't seem to be crashing after playing too long, but the longer I play the worse load times get, even for simple encounters. It can go up to taking 10-20 seconds simply to transition dialogue or enter a battle, despite being on my SSD. So I'd have to say the issue is still there, but it MAY be something on MY end now.

Is anyone else still having issues after the 1.0.4e patch?

Just a quick update: The 1.0.4e patch didn't seem to help much. I don't seem to be crashing after playing too long, but the longer I play the worse load times get, even for simple encounters. It can go up to taking 10-20 seconds simply to transition dialogue or enter a battle, despite being on my SSD. So I'd have to say the issue is still there, but it MAY be something on MY end now.

Is anyone else still having issues after the 1.0.4e patch?
It still has some random stuttes but it's more stable in my oppinion

While it has not been causing my game to crash or perform abnormally at this time, I do regularly see my 16GB of DDR3-1600 around 99% full when playing Bannerlord multiplayer as was the case during the beta. Not sure if that's intended or not as it could just be using what's available.

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files through Steam.

Back
Top Bottom