Need More Info 1.2 Beta - Fans going insane during world map play

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: During play, my computer fans go insane on my computer, specifically the world map. I tried lowering settings from Very High but seems to have made no difference. I was able to handle Bannerlord a long time ago, was coming back to test 1.2, but not sure what could be causing this. It's the same computer I used for the previous version I played. Even at Very Low settings on the world map my system goes crazy and the fans are blowing at top speed. I check and I'm only using 10GB of RAM and about 80% of CPU even on Very High, which is higher of course, but this shouldn't be happening at lowest settings too. When I enter a menu or enter a city, it drops instantaneously to a quiet hum like one might expect. May I request some feedback on what this could be please?
How to Reproduce: Uknown, happens perpetually on the world map and
Have you used cheats and if so which: I had some old mods I deactivated before entering and starting a new game from scratch. Initially starting it claimed it couldn't change settings so I restarted and made sure all were confirmed off and then it allowed me to. I also moved all modules into a sub folder to make sure they weren't read.
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVDIA GeForce RTX 3070
GPU Driver Version: 31.0.15.3179
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.79 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: Z590 AORUS ELITE AX
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

What your fans sound like is subjective and they simply may be dirty.
You need to get real numbers of CPU/GPU use with an app like Afterburner.
I'm not familiar with this program or what you're looking for exactly, but:

When on the world map just sitting there doing nothing in the menu it reads:
GPU - 1920 MHz perpetually
Mem - 7000 MHz perpetually
TEMP - 70 C and steadily climbing
Fan speed climbing past 70%

I hop into a random trade menu or something, doesn't matter what:

GPU - Fluctuating from 900-1425 MHz
Mem - jumping between 5000-7000 MHz
Temp - Drops below 60 instantly and within a minute is at 50
Fan Speed down to 55% and after a minute to 51%

Effectively it spikes every aspect of eating all typed of memory for no logical reason, it doesn't even go this insane in combat. Fan speed may be subjective but the world map should not be the most intense aspect of the game by any stretch of the imagination.

Having a similar issue where the world map is regularly capping my CPU usage. I turned the graphics to the lowest and it is a little better. It seems like there is a memory leak or something.

Specs
Intel Core i9-9900
Nvidia Founders 3070
Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 850 W
16x2 Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200

Are you still experiencing this issue on the latest version of the beta and live version as well?
This happens all the time on console current patch. The audio glitches during battles in towns,fields, and interiors. The sound gets stuck on a loop during the fights. And sometimes persist after the said battle. Even while not in battle it happens in towns interiors etc.

Back
Top Bottom