Making troops STAY mounted in battle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys,

I don't want my mounted units to dismount if they 'think' they're 'stuck'. It is really annoying that your troops die because they dismount.

Almost every time they do it they weren't even stuck the units around them were just slow at moving away, the rest of the times they would've been better off if they'd just stayed mounted. It is a horrible mechanic that weakens your mounted armies considerably.

Is there a way to mod it so they stay mounted?

What i usually do in this situation is as soon as i see any of my cavalry dismount because the game believes they are "stuck", i just command all of them to re-mount their horse and it works out fine for me

Seen them do it? xD They do it in a massive scale quite often.

30+ horses just standing around with knights running around on foot, refusing to get back on horses.

About ordering them to re-mount when you see them dismounting. Of course you'd do that, but you shouldn't have to keep an eye on all the troops all the time. Often I am occupied with drawing ranged fire away from my troops, it sometimes takes a lot of concentration, especially against Swadia and their crossbows.

AtotehZ said:
Seen them do it? xD They do it in a massive scale quite often.

30+ horses just standing around with knights running around on foot, refusing to get back on horses.

About ordering them to re-mount when you see them dismounting. Of course you'd do that, but you shouldn't have to keep an eye on all the troops all the time. Often I am occupied with drawing ranged fire away from my troops, it sometimes takes a lot of concentration, especially against Swadia and their crossbows.

Wow on what version or mod are you playing ? I haven't seen this happening more than two or three times through all my hours and multitude of characters ! They only dismount when I order them to or when their horse dies !

Order them to mount horses at beggining of battle, they will never dismount and if their horse gets killed then they mount another.

TractoJohn said:
Wow on what version or mod are you playing ? I haven't seen this happening more than two or three times through all my hours and multitude of characters ! They only dismount when I order them to or when their horse dies !

Newest one.

Divilly said:
Sometimes this happen to me. In start of the battle, some idiot soldiers dismount their horses.

Yep, this especially happens if you try to separate the troops because you only want a specific unit to attack or stay behind.

Back
Top Bottom