I pray for micro battle management

Users who are viewing this thread

talior3

Recruit
I think that micro management is sometimes way more important than general management of the units.

For example, I want archers to target mounts that easier to down than to simply target the riders if they are too well armored and arrows are not too efficient against them.

I want cavalry to advance in a certain form, and it is very important how they do it. If my horsemen come one by one it may not be enough, but if the timing is right between two lines of horsemen when what causes the opponent infantry to block them then the second line can go in that split second and stab them as their shield is still directed to the first line.

I want horse archers to target infantry, and shooting at a higher angle causing infantry to raise their shields, and I want my foot archers to shoot them targeting their lower body that isn't currently protected because the shield only covers the upper part because of the horse archers shooting from a higher position.

I want to be able to sort specific unit types, not just solely based on the soldier type of horsearcher vs cavalry vs archer vs infantry, but by unit type, say one formation for the higher tier archers and another for a more disposable lower tier archers. This one is easy for taleworlds.

I want to be able to tell soldiers what specific weapons they should use in certain situations, say, to prefer a spear over a mace.

I want to have more tactics than simply engage/fallback/charge. I want a tactic of teasing, similar to fallback or identical even, but instead of going back to the red line from which they can't go any further because it's the limit of retreat, instead of that to go around the map in circles if it's mounted soldiers, and to keep distance if they are archers. I do it manually but it's exhausting.

I want a tactic of circling a formation. This works best for mounted archers.

There are way more options. But it would be a dream if there was a way to customize certain battle logic and micro-management, down to detailed choices of troops of whether to target the lower parts of an enemy formation of upper ones, how to spread out as a shield wall, etc. I feel that I am very much restrained by the lack of direct ability to smoothly navigate these small details. It's less of basic positioning of a certain formation and more of how you do it.

Yes, many want this but next release will be for Console kiddies so we get a simple system, that the AI can handle .. important point.

If the devs were generous, they would hand over battle mechanics & AI to modders, to implement what you / we want. Maybe after this next release ?? and we complain long and loud enough ?

I want to be able to sort specific unit types, not just solely based on the soldier type of horsearcher vs cavalry vs archer vs infantry, but by unit type, say one formation for the higher tier archers and another for a more disposable lower tier archers. This one is easy for taleworlds.
This you can do if it´s not changed lately.

I want to be able to tell soldiers what specific weapons they should use in certain situations, say, to prefer a spear over a mace.
Agreed. But not with management. With troops the information of primary and secondary should be given.

Agreed. But not with management. With troops the information of primary and secondary should be given.
I think that melee units automatically select the weapons they perceive to do higher damage depending on their distance and their weapons' length already.

So, for example, if an infantry has a spear, a sword and a mace in their loadout, they are supposed to first choose to attack with the spear when approaching the enemy, and then switch to a sword if the enemy is an infantry with low armor, or a mace if the enemy is a highly armored infantry, or keep the spear if the enemy is a melee cav that is doing "drive-bys".

But the AI changed like 4 times in the last 6 months, so it might not be functioning as it's supposed to, I haven't tested it.

I think that melee units automatically select the weapons they perceive to do higher damage depending on their distance and their weapons' length already.
Yes it is sadly. I have seen clan members doing nothing but switching weapons in the heat of battle.

Back
Top Bottom