SP - General Make companions join with all perks unassigned.

Users who are viewing this thread

With the sheer quality imbalance between perks, that many perks needing to be paired for sensible use (wood chopper+shield breaker for example), and inability to know a potential companion's perks before they join makes it rather annoying for companion's perks to be randomly assigned. The easy way to fix this is simply to make all perks unassigned when a companion joins. Could potentially expand it to spouses as well.

I've had companions like this in game before, the explanation I read is that companions are spawned with no perks/attributes/focus points assigned and they get them randomly assigned after a day has passed, so if you're lucky enough to catch one right after being spawned you can pretty much fully customize that.

It should be the norm and not a "bug", though.

I would very much like this.

Or maybe even an ability to retrain perk choices, for your main character and companions, in case you realise you made a mistake or find out a perk is bad (because a lot of them are very misleading if you don't watch guides on them). Retraining should probably not be instant though to avoid creating some kind of perk-switching meta.

It definitely is annoying to hire a scout and find out that they didn't choose any movement bonus perks.

Back
Top Bottom