[M]Seeking multiplayer map makers

Users who are viewing this thread

Highlander

Marquis
Yes. For Warband multiplayer version of 1866 we need some playable maps.
Those maps need quite some work, because they have to be (a) large, (b) beautifull and (c) they have to offer interesting tactics and gameplay.
I don't want to limit the volunteers to any special themes for the maps. Those who are willing to help here are mostly free to do what ever they want. As long as it fits to 1866 and meets the requirements I said above. So I for example decided to go for a WWI like trench map.

You've got to have some experience with the in game editor of course and you need to be willing to put some work into a map.

If you want to build a map, you can use the Scene Builder patch: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2028
Copy it over your 1866 mod folder. In game you can select 'Deathmatch' and then edit one of the 5 empty scenes.

So are you guys going to make another release for the original M&B? And is it going to be the last one?

nope, it's just a small mod for warband until, 1- the full mod is finished (currently is 0.:cool:, 2- it's ported to warband (not sure if it is already though)

Made one, It's a siege map. Not very complicated, tweaked the Castle 4 map, and now it looks like an real 1866 fort. It may look familiar but you will certainly see the changes.

Changes:
Removed an big tower, replaced with an small one.
Removed the Viking Keep, replaced it with an earth wall.
Removed the buildings that looks too medieval, replaced with earth houses and wooden stuff.
Removed the siege walls, replaced with baricades and an wooden "full_stable".
Added a baricade inside the keep, this will defend the players who respawn.
Tweaked AI meshes to fit with my addons.
Added/removed the terrain detail and added a few minor things like water well.
Fixed the siege ladders to fit with my changes.
Removed the siege tower.
Tweaked some spawnpoints.

I tested it and looks great, hope you will like it. :grin: 

Yeah, screens please.
Swadian Man at Arms said:
Did you included mine one ? :mrgreen:

I should make another one with another theme if I'll find the time.
It looks very undetailed right now, but might be fine with some adjustments.

The problem is that it has only some waypoints. By the way, you can remove it from the list. :wink:

So, let us start with the new map screenshots.

No pie for now, I need to upload them. :wink:

I made a scene for a project I'm working on set in and found I quite liked making it.  I also watched Tombstone this very night and enjoyed playing this fine mod for M&B.  And since that's stalled until I learn python and relearn how to code, I figure I can help you guys out.

A sample of the map, a urban center outside a large castle and featuring tunnels and dungeons:
Starting in the courtyard beneath the castle...
city1q.jpg

Going out and through a gate...
city3.jpg

After heading left, going up stairs to reach the raised part of the city.  To the left, through the gate and down a winding staircase is the dungeon entrance.
city7.jpg

To the right from the last spot, and looking back at the courtyard and castle...
city8.jpg

Through the gate and into the tunnels, near the bottom of the stairs (below is a prison cell area)...
city10.jpg

Exiting the tunnels...
city12.jpg

So, let me know if I can be of service.

CR

so here s the almost final map 0.9 , not sure if i ll add something more as it was a lot of work already...

it s the snowy village mp map, i choose this one cause it comes without plants which i wanted to add myself. (is it possible to change the surrounding snow? and if yes can you tell me how to ?)

the map is some trappers village in the woods which is attacked by bandits, it comes with a lot of trees, maybe too many it kind of slows my graphics down (but my graphics card is not soo good). i'll put it online here :
http://rapidshare.com/files/400339789/scn_multi_scene_9.sco.html
i did it all with native props (please send me your build) so you can just copy it to scene objects folder and try it out.

the spawnpoints are set for battle all though the ai does not work in my idea to stay in the village for cover/stay in the woods for cover but i got no idea how to change that.

enough words, here some eyecandy:

capture22.png
capture25.png
captur4e.png
capture19a.png
capture1q.png
yes, i love fern^^
capture21o.png

some covers to use:
capture136.png
capture3um.png
capture14.png
capture11i.png
capture10d.png
capture12z.png
capture15u.png
capture16y.png
capture23.png

Ai Mesh:
captureaimesh2.png
stupid ai bots won`t stumble in my garden....
captureaimesh.png

Full Map:

capturefullmap4.png
capturemapfull.png

give it a try and tell me if it is still playable with the many many trees.

Great!
Yes, you can change the surrounding. But you need the module system for that. Don't worry about it, I can take care about that. I'll pm you about our build.

Also, which name do you want for this map?

thx for the roses, i am just not sure if it has good gameplay.. did you try it ? maybe i have to reduce the number of trees and do some more obstacles for hiding in the forest...

edit: i like "The green eye" good title for a map, sounds much better then what i had in mind, thx man at arms

The Green Eye, The Hideout...Only these are in my mind.

Great map, very good comparing to my crappy redo of the Castle 4, but don't worry I will care of that. :mrgreen:
Your map looks quite good too, but I don't know about sieges. I think they wouldn't work in 1866. I mean do you think the attackers would stand any chance?
DaNud said:
edit: i like "The green eye" good title for a map, sounds much better then what i had in mind, thx man at arms
Alright, I'll change it to "The green eye" then. :smile:

It may be, also I added more cover for both sides. :roll:

Here I got the updated sreenshots.

The Hidden Fort

Looks good.  One historical note though: When these forts were made, the surrounding trees were cut down for lumber.  There would not be any trees near the fort, and especially none inside of the walls.

Back
Top Bottom