Test Mission Crash/How to open Bannerlord scenes with terrain

Users who are viewing this thread

sawman99

Recruit
Hello, I have two questions.

The first is that I get two to three errors and then a crash every time I attempt to "Test Mission" on any native or custom made map. I've tried reinstalling and validating files for both Bannerlord and the Modding Kit. I have screenshots of the errors but cannot upload pngs for some reason.

The second is that I cannot figure out how to load scenes with the terrain. I have a scene that I saved and created, but when I open scene on the scene.xscene file, it loads the prefabs but is missing the water, hills, and the road layers that I painted. Why is that? This goes for any map or scene that I attempt to open, including the premade Bannerlord scenes.

Thanks

Hello, I have two questions.

The first is that I get two to three errors and then a crash every time I attempt to "Test Mission" on any native or custom made map. I've tried reinstalling and validating files for both Bannerlord and the Modding Kit. I have screenshots of the errors but cannot upload pngs for some reason.

The second is that I cannot figure out how to load scenes with the terrain. I have a scene that I saved and created, but when I open scene on the scene.xscene file, it loads the prefabs but is missing the water, hills, and the road layers that I painted. Why is that? This goes for any map or scene that I attempt to open, including the premade Bannerlord scenes.

Thanks
Test Mission in the editor is bugged. Most sceners use custom battle to test their scenes. Due to the size of SceneEditData, only a few example Bannerlord scenes are included with these files that are required to edit terrain.
You'll find SceneEditData for these scenes:
singleplayer: empire_village_003, khuzait_village_g, battania_village_k, sturgia_village_l, khuzait_castle_002, sturgia_town_b, battle_terrain_v, empire_castle_keep_a_l3_interior, empire_house_c_tavern_a, empire_dungeon_a, arena_empire_a, Main_map, sea_bandit_a, mountain_hideout_002
multiplayer: mp_siege_map_003, mp_skirmish_map_002f, mp_sergeant_map_008, mp_tdm_map_001, mp_battle_map_002, mp_duel_mode_map_004

You can extract a heightmap from mission scenes in game using a mod to recreate missing SceneEditData terrain, however, you will still be missing the material maps for the scene's terrain paint layers. https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/4979

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom