Force dismounted units in multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

John25-

Sergeant at Arms
Hello,

I have created multiplayers maps that can be played in battle mode. However, one of them should be played without mounted units for this game type. What should I do for this to happen, considering this situation only applies to this map and only in battle mode? (i.e. not a problem to have mounted units in deathmatch / team deathmatch)

I guess something should look like this in module_mission_templates.py :

(0,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_0,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),
(32,mtef_visitor_source|mtef_team_1,af_override_horse,aif_start_alarmed,1,[]),

(0 and 32 being the usual spawning points for battle mode)

But how to apply this to one map only?

The override flags would cause that at every scene, you only want that to happen at specific scenes. There exists the scene flag sf_no_horses. It is a scene marker for the operation scene_allows_mounted_units but does nothing on its own yet (at least I think so, you could test it by simply using it and looking for what happens). In case it does nothing on its own you would then need to add some lines at the item selection scripts which removes/disables the horses.

Take a look here:

Find a logical place for something like this:
Code:
(try_begin),
    (neg|scene_allows_mounted_units),
    #restrict horse equipment
(else_try),
     #unrestricted variant
(try_end),

Upvote 0
As mentioned in my scening tutorial, the flag sf_no_horses works in MP as well, so you may want to use it. For convenience's sake, it may be good to create a separate version of the scene without the flag for other gamemodes.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom