[M] 1866 mod for Warband multiplayer v.5 - Unofficial patch for 1.132 available!

Users who are viewing this thread

I would just so love if you guys experimented a bit with this...

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,121815.0.html

doomsayer said:
I would just so love if you guys experimented a bit with this...

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,121815.0.html
would be cool, but then there would have to be a way to force 1st person.

In a game like  the cod series, the nades are ok because you  have access to many automatic weopons, in 1866  nades are too much when it take you 47 sec to recharge a rifle.

Just remove them make  the majority happy, or the radius is too big or make less accessible. dunno but when in a battle mod half of the other team run like retard with nades in their hand  and the other faction dont have acces to them its make the game pointless to play.

but its realy fun when 1 or less person have acces to them.

The GREnades are absolutly fine, dont remove them. The majority would be VERRRRY unhappy if you removed them. *throws a grenade at Agorix* TAKE THAT GRENADE HATING B****!  :twisted:

Eh, the nadespam we faced yesterday was really overdone. I mean what's the point of coming into shovel range when your target is blown up by his own teammates immediately?  :mrgreen: Seriously on the map I remember I guess noone even aimed the grenades just landed everywhere.
I liked the earlier more expensive but more powerful grenades better.

findecanno said:
would be cool, but then there would have to be a way to force 1st person.

Why that? As long as there is some cool rifle animation that I can use I don't mind everyone else using 3rd person reticule. *shrugs*

From my experience nadespam only appears when the server settings give you a lot of money. Otherwise it's not possible to spam grenades for most people. In that case, blame the admin.

Some update on what's going on:
Damage of all guns has been reduced and health has been increased. This means guns will less often do one shot kills.
Also, muskets have melee attacks again. It is a new animation where the player attacks with the gun stock. This attack has very little range, which means the melee attacks are much less powerfull.
Besides, new music and crouching is in. I'm working on some new eye-candy and I think then we can release a new version.

To all map makers:
If you have a finished map, please send it to me now, so that I can include it in the next release.

why decrease the range of melee rifles? A Rifle is pretty long, so it should be able to bash people from a long range. Also, any chance you could add pistol whipping?

nadespam is only really possible on deathmatch + capture the flag servers due to the large sums of gold you get + the respawns. Doesn't happen so much in battle mode.

findecanno said:
why decrease the range of melee rifles? A Rifle is pretty long, so it should be able to bash people from a long range. Also, any chance you could add pistol whipping?
It's the way you attack with it. It's no longer swinging the gun and hitting people with the barrel. That was quite silly. Instead it's attacking with the gunstock, which makes more sense. Besides, for gameplay purposes, it makes sense to make rifles less effective in melee that pure melee weapons. Pistol whipping won't be added. Just unequip your pistol and attack with your fists. The problem is, that for the alternative attack, we can't change the guns' position in the hand, so turning it around is not possible. Even if it was, I'm not sure, if we'd add it.

Ah, that makes sense. As far as pistol whipping goes, I have seen it done with the barrel before. So you could just keep the same hand position. As far as the attack part of it goes, it should be extremely short ranged with low damage and a chance to knockdown. Just a thought.

Mmmm pistol whip

pistolwhip644.png

Anyway, just installed this mod, great job! Can't wait for the update Highlander!

Highlander said:
To all map makers:
If you have a finished map, please send it to me now, so that I can include it in the next release.

Eurgh. I'm not sure if I'm done with it yet, I will gladly finish it off this evening or at least within the next three hours. Also; that suggestion I had with it, is it entirely possible?

Edit: I am not going to finish it tonight. The editor continually crashes. I will have to wait for the latest update of the mod and//or of the Warband platform itself. It's a little too frustrating now.  :sad:

For now though, my update of Coahuila which I sent a couple of days back will be fine. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom