Losing one battle ruins entire game

Users who are viewing this thread

jecjackal

Regular
I would like to take a second and point out how utterly broken the captive mechanic is in this game. I raided a Cossak town and went to talk to a lord to pay them for peace and what happens, he attacks me. I don't even get the option to pay him off so i use meatshields to run away. I do this three times and some how his gorup of 100 is outrunning 4 people in the end.

So I'm taken captive then I am released and immediately attacked by a group of scouts. I lose (3 vs 7) and it happens again. Because the scouts are not moving on the map, I keep appearing next to them and cannot run away. I was taken prisoner 10 times and lost 10K Thalar because of this bull****. This NEEDS to be fixed. Losing should not cost a person 90% of their savings and all of their equipment. How am i supposed to earn money if I have none and NO EQUIPMENT.

I lost more than that being captured twice in a series of hit and run battles to friendly territory.  Find it very hard to level up to get myself good path finding skills to outrun NPC parties.

Lost well over 10,000 and just about all my gear/weapons in just two defeats.  Made me shut the game down just a few minutes ago for how frustrating that was.  I remember Warband it would be some money and a random item often something not on my character, but losing most my gear if not half is kinda annoying, definitely when I find it far harder to make money on Fire & Sword, with so few bandits, and no owning of personal buisness. 

Give it owning Buisnesses was a very fun alternative to being a noblemen serving a specific country.  Just not available on Fire & Sword, the caravan is a poor replacement personally but cash is often more instant with it.  Oddly lose no honor raiding villages on Fire & Sword this time around, unlike Warband, it's a quick way to make a lot of cash, though you leave yourself vulnurable to attack while raiding. 

Oksana or Fedot is a must for any group.  Pathfinding is huge.  Also even if you're using companions as infantry keep them mounted, then order them to dismount at the start of combat.  Should the worst happen and you loose your army at least you and your companions will move at 7.3 (with 5 pathfinding) and nothing can catch you.

I've taken to having a bodyguard of 4 or 5 elite, up-equipped mercs to save from being wounded and losing battles.

Advice re money:  Do your own caravanning to start with to build up your money.  Forget 'spice', gunrun 'powder'...you can get 800 to 900 % returns.  Once you've got a nest egg, deposit it in banks...and always check the interest rate regularly...I've got 500k at 20% in Magd. Castle,  400k at Moscow, and 200k at Smolensk.  That's an income of over 200k per month for doing nothing, even if I'm captured.

B*stard Tsar won't give me diddly squat lands, but I can buy and sell him.

Gungho said:
B*stard Tsar won't give me diddly squat lands, but I can buy and sell him.

Break your vow, go take whatever cities/castles you want, then pledge your service again.  My standing with the Hetman is like 77, I leave whenever I want new territory.  The king wont award you anything until you have more renown than the other lords that don't have a castle.

That explains it...useless bunch they are.  No wonder Russia had so many revolts break out in its history.

Well in reality, if you get captured, what's stopping them to loot everything you own anyway?
You're lucky they left you with anything at all..
If you think losing your stuff when captured is too harsh, start a game without forcing save when you quit, and simply load when necessary.

forte712 said:
Well in reality, if you get captured, what's stopping them to loot everything you own anyway?
You're lucky they left you with anything at all..
If you think losing your stuff when captured is too harsh, start a game without forcing save when you quit, and simply load when necessary.
and then the game crashes and you punch through your screen *nods*

forte, I would be totally fine with losing all my equipment when I lose... as long as we get to strip enemy lords naked too, when we capture them. It's only fair.

First of all, there should not be 100% chance, that you'll get captured when defeated. Why lords have 70%(as for Warband, dunno how much in WFaS) chance, that they'll run away while I have... 0%?
IT'S NOT FAIR.....

I saw that while transferring code to WFAS from Warband, one line is deleted in module system where player sacrifice men to save his party :

(party_ignore_player, "$g_encountered_party", 1),

This causes :
Encountered enemy party still follows (without waiting 1 game-hour of enemy) after player sacrifices men. Anyway this does not solve problem mentioned here at least you will have one more option to save yourself from a losing battle at next patch.

Also I will try to place player party a safe place after he releases from captivity maybe this helps also.

Thanks. I'm pissed when i'm captured. I'm doing a LP and I got defeated. released, defeated, released, defeated. It goes on like that for 10 minutes . :roll:

The irreversibility of the storylines, and their vulnerability to bugs/random events in open play alone should have you playing with multiple saves, unless you're seriously masochistically inclined.

As for the multi-capture cycle, ctrl+click (while a cheat) is a decent enough fix - rearguards don't really work right now, and the huge morale loss slows you down by quite a bit as well, so that it's hard to outrun pursuers even when under ideal conditions, you'd be faster.

Well, it's not a big deal really, it makes sense, although it'd be nice if you could get your stuff back from them somehow.

lovestofeast said:
forte, I would be totally fine with losing all my equipment when I lose... as long as we get to strip enemy lords naked too, when we capture them. It's only fair.

Get revenge and do the same thing to the enemy.
I wouldn't mind that at all :smile:
Indeed that would be a nice feature.

I'm starting to wonder why anyone bothers with caravans.  I'm being my own caravan and I'm making much more cash with an added bonus to attacking bandits on my trips, no paying for guards, and other fees.  obvious things like buying fish at a coastle town and selling them deep in land to random villages/cities make a pretty penny, buying them for 12-20 selling for 50-80.  Almost making up for all the pain trying to survive early on since I do not have to fight anyone doing this hardly. 

Back
Top Bottom