Dealing with a More Difficult Game

Users who are viewing this thread

It seems lately that the developers decided to "fix" the "too easy" problem by buffing enemy troops to an insane amount. I have not won a single battle against another enemy lord. Even when I outnumber them. Now, I do understand if they have top level troops and I have low level troops, that's likely to happen. But I set the game to easy and nothing. It keep destroying my armies no matter how high my troops are.

How do you deal with this difficulty? I don't think there's even a git gud when you can't win anything, but maybe a few skirmishes against some low level bandits.

What level is your character. What are your combat skills? How to you run your battles? Any mods?

I've noticed a welcome increase in combat difficulty but I've not had problems winning battles, even when lightly outnumbered.

It seems lately that the developers decided to "fix" the "too easy" problem by buffing enemy troops to an insane amount. I have not won a single battle against another enemy lord. Even when I outnumber them. Now, I do understand if they have top level troops and I have low level troops, that's likely to happen. But I set the game to easy and nothing. It keep destroying my armies no matter how high my troops are.

How do you deal with this difficulty? I don't think there's even a git gud when you can't win anything, but maybe a few skirmishes against some low level bandits.
Battles are still too easy IMO

What level is your character. What are your combat skills? How to you run your battles? Any mods?

I've noticed a welcome increase in combat difficulty but I've not had problems winning battles, even when lightly outnumbered.
I just looked at my stats. This run, I decided to do a character who was more social, and unfortunately, the tactics stats suffered... Yeah, that stat is kind of important if you want to win anything...

I too find the combat relatively easy. I had a patch pre 1.2.x looters would fugg you up, infantry auto blocked most cavalry attacks by PC and surviving a large battle as the leader was an accomplishment. Also, tournaments seem somewhat easier too, though lords are difficult to beat especially during the early part of the game. Many battles the starting points are shortened and they seem to be focused on brevity especially siege battles. I liked the difficulty in the earlier versions, but maybe i am just adjusting to the game. In the earlier version I played I noticed my cavalry where really ineffective, took a long to to rack up kill if left to their own devices, now they seem to be more deadly. I dont have any concrete evidence though just going by feel and observation. Oh, playing bannerlord level of difficulty too, not that that is a great accomplishment or anything.

It's still easy, just don't ram your troops into other groups. Position your ranged to wear them down as much as you can, try to kill their HA and Cav before the main forces collide, if you're out number use the retreat button to do hit and runs until they're closer to your size. When people complain about not winning battles it's usually because they use too much infantry and low level Cav and not enough ranged units and because they just smash these troops into the enemy and expect to win. Infantry is only good for 1 decisive push so it should be you final move to charge them into the enemy, do it too early and you will lose too many. Really though, you can replace infantry with other units and it will usually be easier.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom