Lords need a stat check. Tharos is actually Thanos.

Users who are viewing this thread

That didnt look outta control fast -you werent using the shield nearly enough and your defensive/counter timing was bad. Im an old gamer and even i could see it. That said -im glad Lords are tough. Just started a new game first time trying a newer Beta 1.41 or whatever and was disappointed i won my 1st Tourney so handily. Something changed because i was having a much tougher time (early game) before on the first build.

I would like to see the AI use some other more varied tactics to show their skill level besides blazing attack speed like crouch into shield bash, kicks and other special type moves to keep it interesting. But ill tell you winning tourneys with a Level 1-2 character will def kill interest in the game. One of Mount and Blades greatest attributes was the ability to really see/feel your characters battle prowess grow in real time right in front of you.

You think this is funny, you should see someone like Caladog when he's off his horse.

Dude just WALKS faster than some horses, I swear to god. He's the goddamn flash. I assume it's his insanely high athletics skill or something.
This is from pre 1.4.0 though, haven't played that patch yet.

Athletics scales really high. Its like wading through molasses in the beginning, but by around 100 you're zipping around like nothing. By 150 you can outrun pretty much anybody and can kite whole mobs of infantry without getting hit as long as nobody's throwing anything at you. I can't even imagine how fast you are at 250 and up.

Im thinking the onehaded trait is bugged. When i reached 250 in one-handed yesterday and selected the trait, i was suddenly far faster with my sword. According to the desciption it is suppose to increase each level after 250. I noticed an instant difference.

Im thinking the onehaded trait is bugged. When i reached 250 in one-handed yesterday and selected the trait, i was suddenly far faster with my sword. According to the desciption it is suppose to increase each level after 250. I noticed an instant difference.
Its each level over 200, so you're instantly getting 50 levels worth of speedup.

Its each level over 200, so you're instantly getting 50 levels worth of speedup.
Ah, well that explains things. Its cool if you want to play a demi-god type character, which shouldnt be out of realm of possible if thats ur cup of tea, imo. But I think every weapon needs that trait and perhaps the speed bonus cut in half. I consoled myself to max one-handed and fought in a tournament. I killed my opponent and then hit him again 4-5 times before he was even able to hit the ground lol.

Can confirm, Siga, Caladog and some other NPCs have lighting speed attacks since either 1.4.0 or 1.4.1. If you play on harder combat difficulties, it's even worst then on the videos posted.

Not sure if it is result of the new 1H perks but it's bugged.

Athletics scales really high. Its like wading through molasses in the beginning, but by around 100 you're zipping around like nothing. By 150 you can outrun pretty much anybody and can kite whole mobs of infantry without getting hit as long as nobody's throwing anything at you. I can't even imagine how fast you are at 250 and up.
I'm having flashbacks of 1000 stat man

That didnt look outta control fast -you werent using the shield nearly enough and your defensive/counter timing was bad. Im an old gamer and even i could see it. That said -im glad Lords are tough. Just started a new game first time trying a newer Beta 1.41 or whatever and was disappointed i won my 1st Tourney so handily. Something changed because i was having a much tougher time (early game) before on the first build.

Easy to commentate on the side lines, way more difficult in real life.

Instead of the op's video, look at mine. The bout was to display what Tharos is capable of.

1. Shield is destroyed in 9 seconds with 10 hits, A single hit, with a low-damage tournament weapon knocked clean 10% of the shield HP with each hit.

2. Each swing is 0.9 seconds including from pre-attack wind-up to post-attack delay time until next attack. Assuming around 0.3 second delay until next attack, the wind-up + actual attack takes about 0.7 seconds. Most likely around 0.4 seconds for wind-up, and only 0.3 seconds for actual attack.

As reference, human reaction time for normal people are around 0.2 seconds. Blocking is not instantaneous. If you initiate a block, the character goes into block animation, and it takes a short time until it takes effect. It doesn't block simultaneously as you input block command. That means, you have to react the moment Tharos initiates the wind-up phase of his attack, other wise your block will be too late = you basically have to block Tharos's attacks at the speed of how you would do chambering.

3. Look at the interval between the last blow that shattered the shield, and the blow that KOd me with one shot. One moment, BASH and the shield is gone, and then WHACK, KO, before even having time to react. Let's suppose your reflexes are quick enough to block his attack. Do you truly think you'll get a chance to land your attack?

The odds are.. Block his attack! --> you wind up to retaliate and... --> YOU DIED

That's not a "tough AI." That's simply broken.

You think this is funny, you should see someone like Caladog when he's off his horse.

Dude just WALKS faster than some horses, I swear to god. He's the goddamn flash. I assume it's his insanely high athletics skill or something.
This is from pre 1.4.0 though, haven't played that patch yet.

It is literally his high Athletics skill. Just never unhorse him, unless you want to fight Usain Bolt with a sword.

hey it's possible :lol:

Thats what im talking about! Pretty sure i could beat that guy im gonna seek him out. And what level was your character can i ask? If we want this game to remain interesting late game -when we are 30+ level -the best guys in the arena should be near impossible to beat up until then. I want AI that fights better than THE BEST Warband duelists to keep it interesting

I just met in the battlefield Fenagan the freaking meat grinder. Dude was swinging a twohander like a helicopter lol.
I think its pretty cool, theres always a bigger fish, but its kinda cartoonish.

Back
Top Bottom