Lords ALWAYS want peace at exactly the wrong time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Your lords don't want peace because you aren't losing, your strength is 12,507 vs 8,353(2,011+2,540+3,802) so they would probably be willing to fight another war.
Blood Gryphon, thats another problem with this game. Thats not my fighting strength. That includes a lot of defenses on towns and castles that aren't even near them. Taleworlds should be giving us figures on the totals for the lord's armies and they don't. Looking at the Armies tab, the total of all the parties in the kingdom is less than 2000. I realize the totals for the enemy kingdoms are inflated also, but keep in mind my total military has to be spread over 37 towns/castles, where theirs is spread over only 20 (currently). That means I have about 338 troops per town/castle vs the enemy's 417. They also likely have more total nobles leading parties than I do. I currently have a total of 12 nobles, including my own party.

Blood Gryphon, thats another problem with this game. Thats not my fighting strength. That includes a lot of defenses on towns and castles that aren't even near them.
It is intentional because you can go to your garrisons to draw out troops and the AI does exactly that all the time.

edit: On one hand, field strength is an important measure for how dangerous a faction is to your own settlements. On the other, it would drive people mad if they saw field strength go from something like 350 to over 1000 in a day's time as new parties raided garrisons for troops.

I understand and am aware of that, Apocal, and its a valid point. But I guess that means they should give both figures. Plus, the troops they pull from garrisons both weakens the garrisons and gives them weaker armies as garrison armies generally are not as strong as lord's armies.

I'll grant you there are a number of figures they could give, such as lords with parties over 50 or something. What they should give depends on what you think is important, but to say the most important figure is total troops isn't accurate, as evidenced by my statement that the 3 enemies I am fighting average 417 troops per town/castle vs 338 for my faction. Using those figures my power is about 80% of theirs, plus my faction has a much bigger war front to cover. And, while they may pull from towns/castles close to them, some of ours are 10 days or more away, which means those troops would be irrelevant for a while anyways..Also, that still doesn't address having absolutely no one in my kingdom EVER wanting to end wars...even when they are about to lose territory...even when they have been captured.

I understand and am aware of that, Apocal, and its a valid point. But I guess that means they should give both figures. Plus, the troops they pull from garrisons both weakens the garrisons and gives them weaker armies as garrison armies generally are not as strong as lord's armies.

I'll grant you there are a number of figures they could give, such as lords with parties over 50 or something. What they should give depends on what you think is important, but to say the most important figure is total troops isn't accurate, as evidenced by my statement that the 3 enemies I am fighting average 417 troops per town/castle vs 338 for my faction. Using those figures my power is about 80% of theirs, plus my faction has a much bigger war front to cover. And, while they may pull from towns/castles close to them, some of ours are 10 days or more away, which means those troops would be irrelevant for a while anyways..Also, that still doesn't address having absolutely no one in my kingdom EVER wanting to end wars...even when they are about to lose territory...even when they have been captured.
Strength is an indication of both total troops and their tier, so you could have less troops with higher tiers and still be stronger.

they don’t want peace because objectively you are winning even if you are at risk of losing territory.

like I said before give 1.6.1 a whirl and let us know if you are still in a constant 3 way war

Back
Top Bottom