Late Game Cant' make peace

Users who are viewing this thread

Well as you can see, I, Saladin, Emir of all Aserai, with 37000+ strong, took 41 prisoners already

Yet Vlandia want me to pay them 5000 denars........
How can it be 0% chance to make peace??

I need to make peace and convince lords to join me.
It just seems impossible to make peace in late game.
xvbOa.png

It's this way because there is no late game .. except wars.

Look to mods for late game, 1.2.9 seems stable enough for mods.
I have many fiefs to give out, and many lords doesn't have fiefs, but they still said "oh I am happy with my kingdom, I am not going to leave"

Why ? these lords have no fiefs, but they still not join me??

I think there must be a gaming logic "if total fiefs > X amount, then join, else not join"

So Player have to conquer as many fiefs as possible , then may be some lords will join

I need to make peace and convince lords to join me.
It just seems impossible to make peace in late game.

I found that the best time to convince lords to join you is actually while at war with their kingdom: they can double-cross their old king and bring their fiefs with them when they join you :twisted:

As for things being impossible in late game: I'll agree with your last post. Once I got past a certain threshold (my kingdom having 65% of all current lords in the world? 50%?) nobody would ever consider joining me, ever, beyond that point :roll:, fiefs or no, peace or no, good relations or not, nothing made a difference. They would not hear of it. I found this counter intuitive: I expected it to be easier to convince someone to join me when I owned half the map, as opposed to only one or two cities :facepalm:

All of this was not with the current patch, but the one right before it. I was hoping things would go better this time around now that clans/kingdoms can get eliminated. I was hoping that some clans would prefer to join me rather than fade into nonexistence... but your experience makes me feel like it might be even worse now.

Basically you can if you are king "force" peace, although as you see you'll have to pay for it.

The "late game system" is crap, and if you are on pc get mods that will help out, like Diplomacy.

The loyalty of the lords was an issue back in time, where the lords defected if the wind was blowing, but TW overdo all adjustments and now they are too loyal.

The best way for you at this point is to make peace with 1 of the kingdomes, and just pay the extortion prize and just focus on conquering 1 of them.
You will buy yourself 30 day of peace from 1 so you can focus all on that 1 faction.
When they are gone, then you'll just focus on the other.

The removal of just cause to declare war and going with this vote system is the worst design decision they made.
Add in the bad design with how tribute is constant until war is declared which also means they will want to declare war on you as soon as possible specially if you are engaged with other enemies so they can get lower tribute to pay or even conquer lost lands etc.
Basially one of those things that "looks good on paper" but have resulted in an endless amount of post about late game being trash.

So yah if you are on pc - go for mods.
Diplomacy mod is superb and one you should def get as it lets you tweak all kinds of settings, if you are not on pc well you'll have to settle for how its is for now, hopefully they work on getting late game better.

I found that the best time to convince lords to join you is actually while at war with their kingdom: they can double-cross their old king and bring their fiefs with them when they join you :twisted:

As for things being impossible in late game: I'll agree with your last post. Once I got past a certain threshold (my kingdom having 65% of all current lords in the world? 50%?) nobody would ever consider joining me, ever, beyond that point :roll:, fiefs or no, peace or no, good relations or not, nothing made a difference. They would not hear of it. I found this counter intuitive: I expected it to be easier to convince someone to join me when I owned half the map, as opposed to only one or two cities :facepalm:

All of this was not with the current patch, but the one right before it. I was hoping things would go better this time around now that clans/kingdoms can get eliminated. I was hoping that some clans would prefer to join me rather than fade into nonexistence... but your experience makes me feel like it might be even worse now.

its not worse or better though, but its a bad experience regardless late game unless you play with mods.
Then its actually fun in late game aswell or better atleast.

The core issue that this game got wrong is that there sadly how messed up it sounds - is that there is too much war.
This leads to some factions getting eliminated or in a place when they cant bounce back.
Mostly because of the predatory ai and how they will gank up on factions.

I'll be brutally honest the war/peace system is the "root" imo to all the issues with mid-late game and that it "comes" to early if you are playing sandbox because then there just is 0 point with dynasty as you'll conquer it on your first character..

Current play I have, NE is now sitting with 1 fief left, all the other parts is owned by 4 other(Khuzait, Southern + Western and Sturgia) only Sanopea is left standing - this is year 4 of the game.
Battania have all their cities, but none of their castles. Car Banseth under siege.
Aserai have lost Quyaz + all the castles up to their divide to Vlandia.
Other side they have lost up until their 2nd city, to Khuzait and Southern, and the 2nd city is under siege aswell.
And again this is year 4 of the game.
Sieges take to short time, snowballing of enemies ganking up on factions that cant keep it up.

Busted economy as a result of high tribute payments, and its a fast downward spiral.

This is one major difference from the warband days. I only played a couple vanilla games of that one through the "end game" but I recall only the center kingdom ever losing more than 1 city and most things staying fairly stable until I, the player, showed up and made my mark on the world. I liked that: it gave a feeling of importance to my role (a very nice thing to have in a single player game!).

I have the same thing as you occurring with the Northern Empire in my most recent playthrough. They were down to 1 city (yup, Saneopa) before I ever did anything more than work as a mercenary :facepalm:. I guess it would make the quest line seem overly easy either way... unite the empire? Ok, that is half accomplished already :roll:. Eliminate the empires? Still kinda in the same boat, I think the Western Empire is down to 2 or 3 cities as well. I... am not sure I will keep playing that character far enough to even pick a side :cry:

I guess helping the northern empire rebound could be a nice challenge for a difficult playthrough, but I honestly do prefer stability before getting involved as it helps stroke my character's ego :mrgreen:.

well I am playing with the lastest 1.2.9 version, I have now own North/West/South/Aserai/Battnia, like 70% of the map
Still many lords refuse to join me.
I don't know what's the point to continue to play like this, just constant war fighting back and forth on fiefs.

and another issue is when kingdom eliminated by other kingdom, 70-80% chance those "leftover clans" would just disappeared.
maybe 10-30% chances the leftover clan would join other kingdoms before they disappear

well I am playing with the lastest 1.2.9 version, I have now own North/West/South/Aserai/Battnia, like 70% of the map
Still many lords refuse to join me.
I don't know what's the point to continue to play like this, just constant war fighting back and forth on fiefs.

and another issue is when kingdom eliminated by other kingdom, 70-80% chance those "leftover clans" would just disappeared.
maybe 10-30% chances the leftover clan would join other kingdoms before they disappear
TW either has to finish their game so mods can try to work around this on stable version, or they address. Doubt the latter as it's been 4+ years unaddressed and the former, some mods at least put some effort.

Modders are probably hesitant to spend time on it when TW has no idea if/when their 1.3 patch is coming and if it even addresses any issues any of us posted; besides just introducing a new variety of bugs/crashes while only fixing the ones created one the last patch.

TW either has to finish their game so mods can try to work around this on stable version, or they address. Doubt the latter as it's been 4+ years unaddressed and the former, some mods at least put some effort.

Modders are probably hesitant to spend time on it when TW has no idea if/when their 1.3 patch is coming and if it even addresses any issues any of us posted; besides just introducing a new variety of bugs/crashes while only fixing the ones created one the last patch.
Modders tend to find one stable version of the mod, and stick with it until there is a mayor new change that is so good they want to use that in their mods though.

And if you are on Steam you can just stick with the old version where all the mods is, and just play around with that.

There was just this other day a new mod that fixes the issue of kingdomes being destroyed - and the clans not joining enough to other kingdomes.
This mod will fix it and works on 1.29 (I'm playing on that with it and works).

So for pc-users this -> https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/6546
Will make "rogue" clans join kingdomes, instead of going poof gone.
This even adress the issue of the rebelling clans that hold their city to become a real clan (30 ingame days), but is later pushed out of the town by the faction they rebelled against.

TW have been imo too greedy too fast, and focused on too much things at once.
Should have focused more on getting the singleplayer game fully done so there wont be "features" added in later, just small bug fixes and such, not major changes like its now.(dont get me wrong I welcome the big changes, just that it takes too long between each mayor patch imo).
So they spent too much time doing Console and multiplayer and all other things, which just left none happy.
Should have rolled it like they did with Warband babysteps and then roll it out once all is done.
I get that console users or mp wouldnt like that, but I think it would overall have taken less time, if it was a more "focused" development than the "all over the place".

Modders tend to find one stable version of the mod, and stick with it until there is a mayor new change that is so good they want to use that in their mods though.

And if you are on Steam you can just stick with the old version where all the mods is, and just play around with that.

There was just this other day a new mod that fixes the issue of kingdomes being destroyed - and the clans not joining enough to other kingdomes.
This mod will fix it and works on 1.29 (I'm playing on that with it and works).

So for pc-users this -> https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/6546
Will make "rogue" clans join kingdomes, instead of going poof gone.
This even adress the issue of the rebelling clans that hold their city to become a real clan (30 ingame days), but is later pushed out of the town by the faction they rebelled against.
I'm not a stranger to those facts when it comes to mods/games. Which is why, TW needs to finish the game, I've done the mod re&re cycle since EA and I'm just done.
I know TW updates won't address a suite of QoL/coding/typo/calculation things so it's a matter of them just simply 'completing' the game so we can all move on/forward. Instead, we're in this stupid standstill of 'when patch' 1+ years into official release; no different from EA process
TW have been imo too greedy too fast, and focused on too much things at once.
I doubt they were focused at all throughout this whole development; patches are sporadic, inconsistent, random features, lack of testing, etc...
Should have focused more on getting the singleplayer game fully done so there wont be "features" added in later, just small bug fixes and such, not major changes like its now.(dont get me wrong I welcome the big changes, just that it takes too long between each mayor patch imo).
So they spent too much time doing Console and multiplayer and all other things, which just left none happy.
Should have rolled it like they did with Warband babysteps and then roll it out once all is done.
I get that console users or mp wouldnt like that, but I think it would overall have taken less time, if it was a more "focused" development than the "all over the place".
That I agree, all the recent attempts (not just TW) to get all platform releases at once is asinine a points to a serious incompetence in management scope. Getting a game on one platform is hard enough, doing it all for PC and consoles (both old and the new series) compatible consistently? They put that on themselves, though it's not an excuse for how it's been though.

Back
Top Bottom