SP Apocalypse Lifeless: Zombie Apocalypse - Permanently Shelved at the bottom of the ocean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
QuailLover said:
HunterAlpha1 said:
looks like a cool mod, i can hardly wait til it's finished.  i would advise though, instead of two or three major factions, that there be a ton of small factions.  each faction would control a town and/or maybe a fort(castle), with the military, government, and CDC each also controlling a village.

Well, to expound on this idea, in a situation like this the the military wouldn't attack the CDC or vice versa. So you have a "government" faction, but separate troop trees for each branch.
I think he means that survivors for example, would not automatically unite under one name and cooperate. I THINK he means that the survivors should be mini factions (gov would be the government although that would go to hell as well).

QuailLover said:
Aventori said:
I can't tell if people on this forum don't know English yet, or if they're foreign. But for gods sake at least use spell check.

They do use spell check. Spell checks don't catch grammatical errors that well.
Aventori, you hardly even capitalize. Stop going around everywhere correcting people's spelling.

Can't wait to see more progress on this.

Aventori said:
capitalizing is unnecessary...however spelling matters... especially when there is a red line under it...

beat it, troll. :mad: 

DarthTaco said:
QuailLover said:
HunterAlpha1 said:
looks like a cool mod, i can hardly wait til it's finished.  i would advise though, instead of two or three major factions, that there be a ton of small factions.  each faction would control a town and/or maybe a fort(castle), with the military, government, and CDC each also controlling a village.

Well, to expound on this idea, in a situation like this the the military wouldn't attack the CDC or vice versa. So you have a "government" faction, but separate troop trees for each branch.
I think he means that survivors for example, would not automatically unite under one name and cooperate. I THINK he means that the survivors should be mini factions (gov would be the government although that would go to hell as well).

QuailLover said:
Well of course.

You would have a groups like, Jebadiah Boys, The Dead Head Hunters, or even pseudo militia groups.
precisely my point.  even the government would fracture, with various agencies and branches breaking off and forming their own little governments, such as the Marines, Army, Air Fart :razz:, FBI, CIA, etc..  Most factions wouldn't be able to hold large areas since resources would be hard to obtain and personnel would be almost impossible to replace. 

Well it would be interesting if you had the Government be the one mega faction. Done ala TLD style with regional recruitment. Such as, by the CDC camp, you can recruit CDC members, or if by the National Guard barracks, you can recruit guardsmen, etc. Balance it though by having everything so far apart. Such as the marines camp on one side of the map, and the CDC on the other, and etc.

Aventori said:
capitalizing is unnecessary...however spelling matters... especially when there is a red line under it...

Capitalizing is very necessary. Not only it helps differentiate between sentences, it also helps you know what the name of things. You also have the habit of using three dots, in place of periods and commas. Which is very aggravating to read, and worse than some police reports.

differentiate...i use three dots so you know what my sentences are. my name is derek...i think you got the point regardless of a capital or not. i use three dots to represent my pauses, not as a replacement for grammar.

now i was never talking to you so i will gladly tell you i'm done with you petty argument, mr southern boy guy mr.

Aventori said:
That's not your call. You don't get to decide what is wrong or right for other people to do. You don't want people correcting your capitalization at every turn, so don't do it to people who spell incorrectly, especially since you always do it when it is completely unrelated to the topic.

QuailLover said:
Well it would be interesting if you had the Government be the one mega faction. Done ala TLD style with regional recruitment. Such as, by the CDC camp, you can recruit CDC members, or if by the National Guard barracks, you can recruit guardsmen, etc. Balance it though by having everything so far apart. Such as the marines camp on one side of the map, and the CDC on the other, and etc.
That seems like it would work out pretty well. I really want to be able to go around picking up other civilian survivors with a large variety of makeshift weapons. Also, the 'main quest' mentioned in the OP sounds really cool. Looking forward to some more info on it.

Aventori said:
You've trolled 3-4 threads with petty arguments now. Please stop....

When I was working on my own SP Zombie Mod awhile ago, I was experimenting with ideas. I would say to make the Government control a smaller army and all, but make an actual military branch control the war, defense, and quarantining of zombies. All you would have to do is make them inseperable allies and mess with some extra codes

To look at it in a different light, you could just use USAMRID which is the military's infectious diseases research branch. To get an idea for how they operate, you could watch the Outbreak movie. I think it would be more believable if you just had CDC, with National Guard protection, and USAMRID.

QuailLover said:
To look at it in a different light, you could just use USAMRID which is the military's infectious diseases research branch. To get an idea for how they operate, you could watch the Outbreak movie. I think it would be more believable if you just had CDC, with National Guard protection, and USAMRID.
you do make a point(whether you meant to or not :razz:).  government and military installations would have a mix of military, federal agents, and local and state law enforcement, since most factions would be split up geographically. 

for example, some small town in Texas which was able to get defenses up before the hordes hit would have personnel consisting of the local ATF, FBI, CIA, and DoJ, as well as Rangers, HP, local Sheriff/PD, and troops from the nearby Army base.

So my laptop's HDD crashed and I lost everything. I think I'm just gonna kill this now, the fates and my laziness will never let me get anywhere with this.

Sorry folks.

BattleOfValmy said:
So my laptop's HDD crashed and I lost everything. I think I'm just gonna kill this now, the fates and my laziness will never let me get anywhere with this.

Sorry folks.

I still have all the stuff that I sent you before. :grin:
But yeah, you want to end it, it's up to you

Don't be too sad, though. A certain special someone might be zombie-ing about this board soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom