Leveling up your character decreases your skill learning rate for all skills

Users who are viewing this thread

Actually I think it's possible you can level up to around lv 25-26, my wife in game is currently 25 but if I max the last skill she still can earn point and the speed is not below 1, then she can be 26 level.

Also after the level limit you can still level that skill for MUCH slower learning rate to an extend, until it finally reach 0 ( Then it's the hard cap ), E.g if your attribute is 5 control and bow focus point is 5, then the soft cap should be 40+150 right? But after 190 you can still level up with reduced learning rate, but there is a hard cap somewhere (like 1.2 or 1.5 of 190) then you will completely cannot further increase your skill. (What I observe from my wife)

So to be honest the absolutely highest level in this game should be between 25-27, unless you cheat.

PS: the best way to level your weapon skills is in siege, I level my bow pretty quick over 180 in there. But you can also level it up in 1000 vs 1000 battle but it's a much rarer to encounter, you do you.

They just need to add global XP. And this XP will lvl you up. THATS ALL! Focus points, skill growing and stats will be the same.
XP from killing foes (high lvl enemy = more XP)
Small XP from active actions (you already have this)

And it will solve ALL problems:

1) No need to grind useless skills just to get lvl up. Becouse now it is better to get XP from using your favorite weapon, or trading, or smithing, then spend focus point on it.
2) Stop looters genocide. Becouse high lvl enemy = more XP from kill = more lvl ups = more focus points and stats
3) You still need to use skill to grow it. High lvl will just allow you to make it faster.
4) arena is good way to grow your weapon, but bad for lvluping. Like it in warband
5) At the start you are choosing skills that you actually want to use.
6) No more hard skillcap for companions, you can lvl them up

With this change you solve all problems and save all benefits of the new lvling system.

Honestly i think its working alrigt, the only point being they should not have such a redicilous exp curve for some of the things, or they should simply make some things easier to learn

This is me with nearly 200 in stewardship

Stewardship is one of tyhe easy ones, but there is also some thats really hard, but that can also be if i just havent specced into that, its the intention that you need to focus on something, honestly my riding should be higher by now so that should be increased since that have 4 focus points. Its a soft cap, not a hard cap...

Lvl up for growing skill is totaly wrong, becouse:

1) It forces you to not take skill that you want in the begining. (becouse when you take +50 of your favorite weapon at the start, you just steal 50 free lvl up point from yourself)
2) It forces you to grow useless skills for lvl ups
3) It adds a skillcaps for you and companions
4) It forces you to farm looters as the best way to lvl up. Few patches ago arena was the best way to lvl up, wich is ridiculous. The best way to lvl up in RPG is to farn lowest lvl mobs, it is just stupid.

1) It forces you to not take skill that you want in the begining. (becouse when you take +50 of your favorite weapon at the start, you just steal 50 free lvl up point from yourself)
4) It forces you to farm looters as the best way to lvl up. Few patches ago arena was the best way to lvl up, wich is ridiculous. The best way to lvl up in RPG is to farn lowest lvl mobs, it is just stupid.
Lvl up from looters? What and no if you play normally and balanced there won't be issues as I showed you mine sheet, it's not a problem for me I just do different kinds of things all the time, I'm not farming anything...

Lvl up from looters?
Yes.

Becouse there are lot of them
They have no armor = more damage
They cant hit you back hard

So they are the best mobs for gaining XP. And in RPG game it is just totaly stupid. In previous MnB there was how it should be - more powrful enemy = more XP.

Yes.

Becouse there are lot of them
They have no armor = more damage
They cant hit you back hard

So they are the best mobs for gaining XP. And in RPG game it is just totaly stupid. In previous MnB there was how it should be - more powrful enemy = more XP.
I think leading armies for raids and taking settlements are alot better and trains alot more things at the same time

I see a lot of people posting this, and I am going to wager that this is something temporarily implemented by the dev team to release the game on EA. As it stands there is no way that a team with any common sense would ever create a level system like this, it is so blatantly obvious that players will never achieve those high end stats. I think they realize at the moment that the game is very short and underdeveloped as far as content goes. If the player was able to achieve those levels the gameplay would be even shorter lived than it already is...which is short. I imagine that we will see a fix to these issues in the near future when some of these issues like kingdoms going yolo and conquering the map in a few weeks and some implementation of side content. Here is to hoping anyways.

The actual values will obviously be adjusted throughout development. But I do not think the kill-based XP will return and that is a very good thing. You can surely see why the devs do not want kill based XP. The whole theme in Bannerlord is moving away from the Warband meta of you single-handedly killing half the enemy army to a situation where you function more as a general than a medieval John Wick (from the significantly lower individual survivability on the battlefield, to the skills which allow for more varied builds, not just a warrior).

I am very welcoming of this change, even when it comes to the XP gain. Once the values are adjusted, I would very much prefer late-game leveling by simply playing the game as opposed to spending hours and hours running around in battles and cheesing 1000 kills to get the next level. It was grindy, unbearably repetitive and boring.

I am very welcoming of this change, even when it comes to the XP gain. Once the values are adjusted, I would very much prefer late-game leveling by simply playing the game as opposed to spending hours and hours running around in battles and cheesing 1000 kills to get the next level. It was grindy, unbearably repetitive and boring.
Players cant stop surprising me really.

Fighting in fighting game - boring, grindy
Clicking "refine" button for 10 000 times - funy. Not a grind
Farming 10 000 looters with weapons that you dont like - funy, not a grind

And you can do XP from some active actions like trading AND kills in the same time btw.

They should delete this lvl up system.

Becouse right now it is:

- Hey, do you want to be a better swordsman?
- YES
- so go do some smithing, get lvl up and increase your skillcap for 1H

Last edited:

These are extremely valid points. Regarding nr.1 I find myself not picking any weapon skills because I know those will be more fun to level up than smithing and trade, which I try to max at character creation. xD

They could just copy Morrowind's whole level up and experience system and fix all these issues while keeping the whole RP "getter better at X by doing more X". Then just have higher tier enemies give out more XP/hit. Simple.

I.e. In Morrowind you choose 10 "focus" skills (5 high and 5 medium) at the start. You can still lvl up other skills but those skills level up faster. Your character gets to Level 2 by leveling up focus skills 10 times, other skills don't count for leveling up. And make the main attributes actually do something. Feels kinda silly that the difference between a 1 Str and a 10 Str character is that the latter can level up Polearms skill tangencially faster.

Players cant stop surprising me really.

Fighting in fighting game - boring, grindy
Clicking "refine" button for 10 000 times - funy. Not a grind
Farming 10 000 looters with weapons that you dont like - funy, not a grind

And you can do XP from some active actions like trading AND kills in the same time btw.
As of right now, you cannot gain XP from trading if you reload a save. Meaning the only way to make XP by trading is to buy something and sprint to the nearest town where you can make some tangencial profit (and thus tangencial XP) before you are forced to reload.

I agree with your other points.
I mean, in Warband leveling from 30 to 31 takes what? 1 year in real life? And it WAS fun! But it was fun because you weren't locked out of any fun gameplay mechanics forever because of the math behing the leveling system (you could use companions to complement your deficits, etc.).

They could just copy Morrowind's whole level up and experience system and fix all these issues while keeping the whole RP "getter better at X by doing more X". Then just have higher tier enemies give out more XP/hit. Simple.

Or they can just implement "global XP" that will lvl you up, In that bank you will revice all XP from trading\tracking\surgery\killing\hiting.

So:

1) You can use any weapon you want no problem.(becosue it will not matter, from what source you get XP)
2) You are not forced to grow useless skills for lvl up
3) You still need to to things to increase any skill
4) you can lvl up your companions.
5) You have reasons to kill a harder enemies

Or they can just implement "global XP" that will lvl you up, In that bank you will revice all XP from trading\tracking\surgery\killing\hiting.

So:

1) You can use any weapon you want no problem.
2) You are not forced to grow useless skills for lvl up
3) You still need to to things to increase any skill
4) you can lvl up your companions.
But I see where they're going with like trading XP only making you better at trading. And I think it makes sense. The whole thing is just busted with bugs/not finished right now.

But I see where they're going with like trading XP only making you better at trading. And I think it makes sense. The whole thing is just busted with bugs/not finished right now.
It will be THE SAME with global XP bank. Becouse with Lvl up you cant improve your trading, you can only move a focus point to it
. but you still need to trade.

It will be THE SAME with global XP bank. Becouse with Lvl up you cant improve your trading, you can only move a focus point to it
. but you still need to trade.
I want to be clear here. You are upset that the game makes you level up a random skill in order to level up the skill you want to level and that is ridiculous, but a global xp bank is acceptable? I really hope they don't implement that again, it worked in 2005, there are better ways now and this one is better, it just needs to be sorted out

I want to be clear here. You are upset that the game makes you level up a random skill in order to level up the skill you want to level and that is ridiculous, but a global xp bank is acceptable? I really hope they don't implement that again, it worked in 2005, there are better ways now and this one is better, it just needs to be sorted out
Agreed. I for once got really excitted about the new leveling system. They just need to iron out the quirks, bugs, bad math and stuff that just doesn't work.

79 hours in and leveling is way too slow, not that it really matters yet as most of the perks are broken though. The only stat I got over 100 and not by much was archer because I was ussing it constantly.

Steward is not that hard to get to 100. You just need to have 5 different foods in your inventory and have your clan role set to quartermaster. You level up as you move around the map.

Back
Top Bottom