[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why I can't capture Aeldarian?

I've trained 3 Noldor Armies and when I joined the battle he had 100% health. I am 34 relations with the Noldor.

Yet, at the end of the battle it doesn't even say he escaped. It's just the Jatu saying thanks and then the prisoner screen and then loot.

I have only my companions in my army. Do I need more men? Less relation? Any ideas?

I think you have to be higher in relations with the Noldor before you can't join battles against them.

I get that I have to be lucky, but usually there is some message stating that the lord escaped. In this case there is nothing and that usually only happens when the person starting the battle had less than 20% health and didn't fight.

I auto-resolved the battle several times and each time at the end there was no lord. I'll try the battle again but this time I'll have more men in my army and see if that makes a difference.

Bjuret said:
Phoss said:
Bargian said:
Anything changed with enterpries? Still Dyes is only worthy? And oil in Ethos? Or there are some others nice things? If so, how to find that?

Curious about this. Does it work the same as in Vanilla Warband?

Been too long since I played native, but I think so, basically. Local variations of course, different map. Tanneries are good earners, so are bakeries if you are on a budget or the others suck.

You are really best off asking the guildmasters.

I was trying to figure out what the local villages and the closest big city produces, but I don't seem to be able to ask about that. I can ask the guild master about trade, but he doesn't tell me what that specific city produces and I can't figure out what the villages produce either.

Can someone point me to where this information is available?

I'm trying to establish an enterprise, but rather than just picking the option that appears to yield the highest profit at that specific time, I'd prefer to pick one based on available raw materials and supply/demand in that region.

Phoss i think that its not that complicated, but i might be wrong. I just set up almoste all enterprices every where dyeworks but ethos (oil rules here) and janos (had negative income from dyeworsk, i set tannery here).

Is there a way to make cities weapon and armor merchants get beter stuff? I would love to get doom mace or some other top staff but i cant get anything beter then usual.
Farming relationship helps?

Bargian said:
Is there a way to make cities weapon and armor merchants get beter stuff? I would love to get doom mace or some other top staff but i cant get anything beter then usual.
Not without tweaking the game. What happens is that the sellers inventory is rolled from a bunch of stuff, and the really good items have a low chance to appear. I've bought a Doom Mace from the weapon shop(masterwork morningstars too) every single game I've played, but I check the weapon shop every time I pass near a city.

Bargian said:
Phoss i think that its not that complicated, but i might be wrong. I just set up almoste all enterprices every where dyeworks but ethos (oil rules here) and janos (had negative income from dyeworsk, i set tannery here).

Yeah, that wasn't exactly what I asked. But it appears you may be able to ask the actual Townsfolk in the respective cities and villages for this information, from what I can find at least.

Any tips on forcing the AI to truce? I think Sarleon wants to reclaim it's old lands from my kingdom but they are hopelessly weak. They can't take any fiefs and their raiders are getting smashed by me and my vassal lords. I don't want to wipe out the faction just yet.

sandoval said:
1. Heavy Great Long Axe
Polearm (No Shield)/Two Handed

I want to give this thing to one of my companions (horse archer, bow, no shield). I assume I only have to invest points into polearms, but not into two handed. Is this correct?

I can answer this myself now. I let her be for a while and watched what she levelled herself. It is indeed only polearm.

Bargian said:

You can use Morgh's to edit the "abundance" of an item that appears in shops. Any item you want to buy you can increase this value and it will be more likely to appear.

You can also remove modifiers like rusty or cracked or chipped.

Be careful though because using Morgh's is addictive.

Uhtred of Bebbanburg said:

I've trained 3 Noldor Armies and when I joined the battle he had 100% health. I am 34 relations with the Noldor.

Yet, at the end of the battle it doesn't even say he escaped. It's just the Jatu saying thanks and then the prisoner screen and then loot.

I have only my companions in my army. Do I need more men? Less relation? Any ideas?

I believe you need to be in negative relations with the Noldor to capture him.

I never got an answer to this. Is this supposed to happen sometimes that you just cannot capture a unique lord? Or is there something else going on that I don't understand. I'm sure I've captured one of the Noldor lords with over 30 relations. Can anyone clarify this?

You can use Morgh's to edit the "abundance" of an item that appears in shops. Any item you want to buy you can increase this value and it will be more likely to appear.

Latest Morgh's version is 1.40 right? Is there special version for Pendor? I cant find a way to do this tweak, any tips pls?
I can edit 5 .txt: troop, parties, party templates, faction and item. But i cant find the things u said.

If I send Sigismund Sinclair on a Right to Rule mission, will Sir Jocelyn be pissed? What about the other way around?

We haven't got the diagram on this stuff I think.

Bargian said:

Latest Morgh's version is 1.40 right? Is there special version for Pendor? I cant find a way to do this tweak, any tips pls?
I can edit 5 .txt: troop, parties, party templates, faction and item. But i cant find the things u said.

When you launch Morgh's you will see a but called "change Module settings". Browse to the POP file you are using in your game folder and select okay. 

To do the tweak, use the search function in the "item editor" to find the weapon you want to change. Make the changes you want, price, damage, attributes, abundance, etc. Then click on "update item". Then when you can change another item if you want and when you have made the changes with that click "update item" again. Do it for every new item. Then when you are done save your changes and launch the game.

Most changes to items will appear immediately and changes in abundance will appear the next time the shops add new merchandise.

Sky Warden said:
If I send Sigismund Sinclair on a Right to Rule mission, will Sir Jocelyn be pissed? What about the other way around?

We haven't got the diagram on this stuff I think.

Companions will comment/complain when you send other companions to gather support. I don't know if this actually increases the chance that they will leave since I use TweakMB to force them to stay forever and ever.

Companions will comment/complain when you send other companions to gather support. I don't know if this actually increases the chance that they will leave since I use TweakMB to force them to stay forever and ever.

After they complain you won't be able to send them to gather support. That's why I want to know if sending Sinclair or Jocelyn will make the other complain or not.

When you launch Morgh's you will see a but called "change Module settings". Browse to the POP file you are using in your game folder and select okay. 

To do the tweak, use the search function in the "item editor" to find the weapon you want to change. Make the changes you want, price, damage, attributes, abundance, etc. Then click on "update item". Then when you can change another item if you want and when you have made the changes with that click "update item" again. Do it for every new item. Then when you are done save your changes and launch the game.

Most changes to items will appear immediately and changes in abundance will appear the next time the shops add new merchandise.

Thanks :smile:. I changed few items abudance and unchecked rusty etc, juts a little, i dont want to be too cheaty :smile:

EDIT:

Im on weak PC now and i lowered battle size to 150 (prob will go lower). But i want to increase number of reinforcements, how to do that? TweakMB will work? It says that it works for pop 3.6, not 3.7

Sky Warden said:

After they complain you won't be able to send them to gather support. That's why I want to know if sending Sinclair or Jocelyn will make the other complain or not.

They might. Get them drunk in a tavern and win a battle and then ask one of them again if he refuses the first time. Or you can send one of them out to gather information on an area and then send one of them to gather support. That should solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom