[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bargian said:
Uhtred of Bebbanburg said:
When you launch Morgh's you will see a but called "change Module settings". Browse to the POP file you are using in your game folder and select okay. 

To do the tweak, use the search function in the "item editor" to find the weapon you want to change. Make the changes you want, price, damage, attributes, abundance, etc. Then click on "update item". Then when you can change another item if you want and when you have made the changes with that click "update item" again. Do it for every new item. Then when you are done save your changes and launch the game.

Most changes to items will appear immediately and changes in abundance will appear the next time the shops add new merchandise.

Thanks :smile:. I changed few items abudance and unchecked rusty etc, juts a little, i dont want to be too cheaty :smile:

EDIT:

Im on weak PC now and i lowered battle size to 150 (prob will go lower). But i want to increase number of reinforcements, how to do that? TweakMB will work? It says that it works for pop 3.6, not 3.7

TweakMB works on this version. Load the module and browse to the current version in your folder. It should work fine.

Okay, continuing from the closed thread.

So to get a king's weapon you need to:

1. USUALLY reduce them to less than 5 walled fiefs or six? Which is it exactly"?
2. Be a king/queen. Thank you, snouz.

Are there any other requirements? Positive relations with the king for instance. Some folks said that the item needs to have spawned in the King's inventory. Is this true? Or are those two requirements above all you need? 

The game itself is slow to register fulfilment of required conditions, so you would need to reduce the enemy's faction to the aforementioned number of walled fiefs.
Walled fiefs are castles and towns, like Ansen Lodge & Windholm. Number of villages controlled appears to be irrelevant.

Relations with the monarch is irrelevant, since taking their item causes a heavy relations drop.

The king's item should already be available, unless they are replaced by another similar weapon, such as Valdis' War-axe being replaced by a Runed Bastard Sword. I may be wrong, though.

SCV Arius said:
The king's item should already be available, unless they are replaced by another similar weapon, such as Valdis' War-axe being replaced by a Runed Bastard Sword. I may be wrong, though.

I'm not aware of that happening with Valdis, but Ulric doesn't always have his Banner of Sarleon so you may not be able to take it from him. I'm not sure if this is decided(and fixed) on gamestart or at the start of every battle, though.

Read the CKO faq!

You´re automatically honorary Grandmaster of your own order. You paid and founded it.

You can only become Grandmaster of one of the already existing orders by joining it and working for them.

Raviollius said:
SCV Arius said:

I'm not aware of that happening with Valdis, but Ulric doesn't always have his Banner of Sarleon so you may not be able to take it from him. I'm not sure if this is decided(and fixed) on gamestart or at the start of every battle, though.

...Ugh. Is there anyway to check, at least?

From what I understand a troops load out is stored in the save game. Meaning whether King Ulric has the Sarleon Banner is decided when you first start a game.

To check to see whether or not he has it just join a battle he is a part of and see what weapons he is using.

few questions please:

1) I just captured Kyros Dux in my game and converted him to a vassal of my kingdom. I want to make him my marshal since Sir Alistair (my current marshal) has been gettin' his ass whooped and captured several times. Is this a bad idea considering Kyros just defected? Also, I don't have too many fiefs to give him quite yet, but I assume that doesn't matter too much for a marshal?

2) My surgery and first aid is currently at 10+1 (thanks to Ansen). If I keep pumping skill points into surgery/first aid through my OTHER companions, will this increase the +1 to +2 eventually? I've been trying like heck but it doesn't increase. Does it only increase if your OWN skill increases in these departments? It seems that for every 2 personal skill points, it will increase the modifier by 1, but it doesn't seem to work this way for companions. I thought these were "party skills"?

3) Is there a way to spirit a horse which has lost its "spirited" modifier? Without cheating of course.

1) No risk of making Kyros Dux the marshal. In fact, it will give him +5 relations, which will make it less likely that he defects. When I'm king I always like to declare new marshals as often as possible to boost relations with lords (unless I actually want to lead a campaign).

2) Putting more points on companions won't help. The "+X" comes only from your main PC's skill. 2 points gives +1, 5 +2, 8 +3, and 10 +4. So if you want 10+4 surgery, you have to invest 10 points with your main character. Further, in that case, it's pointless to have surgery on a companion since your main has it fully covered.

3) No.

avesta said:
few questions please:

1) I just captured Kyros Dux in my game and converted him to a vassal of my kingdom. I want to make him my marshal since Sir Alistair (my current marshal) has been gettin' his ass whooped and captured several times. Is this a bad idea considering Kyros just defected? Also, I don't have too many fiefs to give him quite yet, but I assume that doesn't matter too much for a marshal?

2) My surgery and first aid is currently at 10+1 (thanks to Ansen). If I keep pumping skill points into surgery/first aid through my OTHER companions, will this increase the +1 to +2 eventually? I've been trying like heck but it doesn't increase. Does it only increase if your OWN skill increases in these departments? It seems that for every 2 personal skill points, it will increase the modifier by 1, but it doesn't seem to work this way for companions. I thought these were "party skills"?

3) Is there a way to spirit a horse which has lost its "spirited" modifier? Without cheating of course.

3. I wouldn't even know how to spirit one by cheating. Once the modifier is gone it's gone, save for lame. And sometimes swayback can be wounded and then healed to normal but it's hard.

Does character creation now affect your relationships with KO's? I picked Former Knight and found that several KO's normally neutral to me was now hostile with -5 to -10 relations.

thermocline said:
1) No risk of making Kyros Dux the marshal. In fact, it will give him +5 relations, which will make it less likely that he defects. When I'm king I always like to declare new marshals as often as possible to boost relations with lords (unless I actually want to lead a campaign).

Cool, thanks. That clarifies it perfectly. I have high relations lots of empire lords so when I capture them it's pretty easy to recruit them. It seems almost unfair that I can steal so many of their good lords that way.

2) Putting more points on companions won't help. The "+X" comes only from your main PC's skill. 2 points gives +1, 5 +2, 8 +3, and 10 +4. So if you want 10+4 surgery, you have to invest 10 points with your main character. Further, in that case, it's pointless to have surgery on a companion since your main has it fully covered.

So if I have 10 on my main, and I don't have Ansen, I still get the +4?

3. I wouldn't even know how to spirit one by cheating. Once the modifier is gone it's gone, save for lame. And sometimes swayback can be wounded and then healed to normal but it's hard.

Reason I ask is because I primarily use the Spirited noldor spirit horse. Once in a while the horse gets crippled and I have to reload :smile: Damn Quigfen's horses are pretty useless except spirit horse/goldleaf horse, but he never gets re-stocked. I assume once I unlock Elacrai there are better horses in there?
I desperately need a high manoeuver horse, like a steppe horse with decent armor and good modifier.

Whitestrake said:
Does character creation now affect your relationships with KO's? I picked Former Knight and found that several KO's normally neutral to me was now hostile with -5 to -10 relations.

Maybe you did something for one KO and another Ko didn't like it so that's where you can lose relations.

What are the ways to lower upkeep for town garnison? Its just ~380 units (0 mounted) and its almoste 10k/week. So scarry :sad:
As i took avendor i need whole-lot of army there, i feel like its worst town to defend. Took me around half a day (RL time) to outmanevour 2800 army of sarleon that started to siege it.
I set up my CKO and i dont want to lose that town now.
Ah, i have 7 leadership. Also my steward is fully trained.

avesta said:
Reason I ask is because I primarily use the Spirited noldor spirit horse. Once in a while the horse gets crippled and I have to reload :smile: Damn Quigfen's horses are pretty useless except spirit horse/goldleaf horse, but he never gets re-stocked. I assume once I unlock Elacrai there are better horses in there?
I desperately need a high manoeuver horse, like a steppe horse with decent armor and good modifier.

Jatu Charger is pretty nice maneuver but I think the armor is too low for my taste.

Elacrai does have horses occasionally but the quality isn't always very good and the frequency is rare. You may consider trying to farm the Noldor patrols to get the horse drops.

What I would do is to travel around the big lake and take out bandits and such and recruit their prisoners and then when I get to the Noldor area I'd find a patrol and attack. I use auto-resolve because I get more prisoners. Then during the prisoner screen I disband all my troops except for my companions. Then I go to the loot screen and there will be a lot more loot there and a better chance to get what I want.

Later on when your companions get much stronger and better equipped you can fight the battles yourself. I equip all my companions with blunt weapons because I like money and selling prisoners is usually more money than the loot you get from the battle.

Bargian said:
What are the ways to lower upkeep for town garnison? Its just ~380 units (0 mounted) and its almoste 10k/week. So scarry :sad:
As i took avendor i need whole-lot of army there, i feel like its worst town to defend. Took me around half a day (RL time) to outmanevour 2800 army of sarleon that started to siege it.
I set up my CKO and i dont want to lose that town now.
Ah, i have 7 leadership. Also my steward is fully trained.

Get yourself about 200 quality troops and then recruit about 600 peasants. Train them to militia, which should still only cost 1 Denar a week and make sure they are at the bottom of the queue.

If you are attacked then the 200 quality troops will spawn first and the 600 militia will boost your tactical advantage.

Also, the computer doesn't know the difference between 600 elite troops and 600 militia when deciding which walled fief to attack.

I usually start with Laria and the quick take Whitestag because both of those are easy to defend and Whitestag is a slaughter. My companions can hold Whitestag by themselves against thousands. It's also a great way to boost their experience.

Finally, I put most of my troops in Laria and then maybe 50 in Whitestag. This guarantees that when the armies come they will attack Whitestag and die in droves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom