[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bjuret said:
You can't, really. Sometimes events fire about one village or another seeking protection, but those are random afaik. I was just making a "joke" about starting the Iraq war. We're not making war, we are making peace!

If you talk to caravans belonging to your target, you have the option to demand their goods, and then to accept their payment, attack them or do nothing. Take their money, this will result in a relationship drop of a couple of points. Do this until you are below 0, and you are now at war! You might have to look around for more caravans, since once they pay you they are "safe" for quite a while.
If you are a vassal this will not work as smoothly. Your relations are not the same as your kingdoms, so it only means that their entire kingdom is hostile to you, and your friends won't even help in battle since they're not hostile. What you need to do is go start a siege, and the war will quickly be declared.

oh thanks

Auditor said:
I started a kingdom by revolting against the kingdom of Ravenstern and I have since imprisoned about half theit lords.  I'very read that if you have good relations with the Lord's you'very imprisoned,  you can recruit them by talking to them.  For some reason, when talking to said lords I've imprisoned, my only options are the usual two.  Do I need to be more popular than King Gregory?  My relationship with most of these guys is above 15 after imprisonment.

As far as I know, you need at least 35 relation with a lord "after capture" to make them join your kingdom. Also make sure those lord you've captured aren't dishonorable characters, when dishonored lords get captured they say something like "I yield, call off your dogs". These lords are not trustworthy and may betray you. So I simply let go those dishonorable lords who I have positive relations with and when I meet them again I get -15 relation with them. As my relation with them drop below zero, I can distinguish them from other lords who come to my holding to swear oath. Having high honor rating will attract more loyal and honorable lords. It would be helpful to also state that the lords that join your faction have ~80% chance to fail to bring any centers "their owned castles or towns".
---------------------------------------------------
Also, I know I have stated before but my game has 20-30% chance to crash when talking to my companions, or interacting with characters on campaign map. This only happens on dx7, in dx9 this never happens. Maybe someone can help if they had this problem too. Thanks in advance.

Auditor said:
I started a kingdom by revolting against the kingdom of Ravenstern and I have since imprisoned about half theit lords.  I'very read that if you have good relations with the Lord's you'very imprisoned,  you can recruit them by talking to them.  For some reason, when talking to said lords I've imprisoned, my only options are the usual two.  Do I need to be more popular than King Gregory?  My relationship with most of these guys is above 15 after imprisonment.
The minimum needed vary according to a few things, but 15 is too low. I usually aim for 22+.

basically, when you get a village, most of the time you will get troops of your own culture. Low chance of getting the previous faction that owned it before you do, regardless of where it started from.
For recruiting from other lord's villages, I'm not so sure.

Ah_Zhou said:
70~80% chance of recruiting troops of own culture, 20~30% chance of recruiting troops belonging to the previous faction that owned the village.

Really extrange, I always get Sarleon recruits. Is there a place to check your culture?

PS just after sending this post I got my first èndor recruit!

a_ver_est said:
Ah_Zhou said:
70~80% chance of recruiting troops of own culture, 20~30% chance of recruiting troops belonging to the previous faction that owned the village.

Really extrange, I always get Sarleon recruits. Is there a place to check your culture?

PS just after sending this post I got my first èndor recruit!

Give it some time

Just to clarify the odds: it is exactly 80% chance for troops of the current culture and 20% of the original culture. Whether it was original or previous culture has come up before and I recall a coder, I think it would have been MadVader, informed us exactly how it worked.

Hello guys.
Could u tell me how exacly looting works? I read somewhere, some time ago that looting skill increasing chance for beter items but for every type of unit i have in army my chance is lowered, albo every companion lowers it too.
Is that rule still working in new version and how strong it affects drop rate?

Bargian said:
Hello guys.
Could u tell me how exacly looting works? I read somewhere, some time ago that looting skill increasing chance for beter items but for every type of unit i have in army my chance is lowered, albo every companion lowers it too.

There's a recent thread detailing looting in the non-stickies, you should look there.

Bargian said:
Hello guys.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,348755.0.html

I have 2 more questions.
1. Could u tell me pls, on some "Lets play" i saw a guy commandin his troops by placing flags. I know i can do that on mini-map, but he was just looking in some direction on battle field, then he was placing flags sending his troops to a specific position.
2. How does exacly keeping horses in inventory worsk? How many of that horses i should have, horses statistic count?

Any way to manage fast respawning brigands in the forest area South of Marleons? I've killed the lair 4 times and it just comes back in a couple days. I tried putting sheriffs in the nearby villages and beefing up the militia patrols with good troops but they tend to focus on marauding enemy lords and let themselves be kited across the map.

Masterbagger said:
Any way to manage fast respawning brigands in the forest area South of Marleons? I've killed the lair 4 times and it just comes back in a couple days. I tried putting sheriffs in the nearby villages and beefing up the militia patrols with good troops but they tend to focus on marauding enemy lords and let themselves be kited across the map.

Grind relation with them, until it's 1 or higher. When you have your own kingdom, the bandits will protect your people, instead of attacking them.

Hey guys, I was wondering what was the best way to have an amy filled with ONLY Knights units. Also if it,somehow, may help i would like to fill my army with either (As i write this I'm going with Shadow Legion Centurion), Shadow legion centurion, Knights of the lion or Knights of dawn.​

Anyway thanks for you guys's time and helpfull tips.

Have a good game !​

Raviollius said:
Masterbagger said:

Grind relation with them, until it's 1 or higher. When you have your own kingdom, the bandits will protect your people, instead of attacking them.

Just be careful what KO's you create and join because it can seriously ruin your relation with the bandit factions. I went from +6 to -18 with Jatu for joining Silvermist Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom