Keybinds: Let us bind stab and overhead swings to keys....

Users who are viewing this thread

What an ignorant remark. In the midst of combat when you are reacting to everything around you, looking quickly left and right sometimes there is no time to move mouse up/down. Im sure you only say this because you are not very intelligent/not played siege.
These new players are hilarious. Worth buying an unfinished game to witness this.

guys, my mouse cant read 2mm movement lol. not everyone has a gaming mouse. i gotta move my mouse an inch, for it to respond. so all you ignorant and arrogant elitists can get over yourselves. not everyone can justify a mouse with 1ms response and an obscene DPI. that being said, swings are not a problem. stabbing and chopping are a problem because our **** ass mouse makes it very hard to keep looking straight. us poor ass MF want to be able to enjoy the game also.

if you think this makes someone worse than you than ok, feel good in that fact and keep kicking ass.

but to think this gives anyone a crutch is the most ignorant thing you could say. it all still takes reaction time and knowledge of swing mechanics.

you sound like a damn boomer stuck in the times.

its no diff then people changing the function key commands to other keybindings for better responsiveness when commanding a unit.

btw, to get a good swing you still gotta be skilled. as turning the character(camera) increases damage. someone just mashing buttons wont be getting huge hits on you... SO WHY ARE YOU WHINING? only already skilled players using this will be a threat to you... which they are already a threat because of the understanding of game mechanics.

guys, my mouse cant read 2mm movement lol. not everyone has a gaming mouse. i gotta move my mouse an inch, for it to respond. so all you ignorant and arrogant elitists can get over yourselves. not everyone can justify a mouse with 1ms response and an obscene DPI. that being said, swings are not a problem. stabbing and chopping are a problem because our **** ass mouse makes it very hard to keep looking straight. us poor ass MF want to be able to enjoy the game also.
I have the mouse that came with my computer, 2 computers ago. HP, two button & wheel; cheepest of the cheep. If you want to adjust your sensitivity you can do it on your computer settings or in game settings. It's not mouse dependent, it's skill dependent. Though I kinda doubt you could figure out the keybinds and macros you want if you cant figure out how to adjust your mouse sensitivity.

Key binds and macros would break the game, this is coming from a high level duelist. Anyways my friend brandis has the ****tiest mouse known to man and is still pretty good. Dunno why a bad mouse affects that much

Dunno why keybinds would break the game. At most, it would make choosing your blocking/attack directions easier for some people. People used to the current system could just keep using it, since it works perfectly fine. The only reasonable argument I've read here is how you can predict the directions your opponent's swings are comming from due to the small movements necessary for swinging in that direction. This would give players using keybinds a tiny advantage over people using any of the current systems, I guess. I would have to default to the expertise of the superhuman who can actually notice those tiny movements.

Appart from that, this is one of those features that literaly take nothing away from the game. If you don't like it, you could just keep doing whatever you've been doing so far, and for those people that would preffer keybinds for whatever reason, this is just an improvement. I don't see the issue.

I think that for upper/left/right attacks and blocks you shouldn't be able to re-bind your keys. This is because you should have some hints where your opponent is gonna swing from, so you can block. However, I think the option should be added to re-bind keys to attack/block the stabbing. The camera movements are awkward in a fight to set up a stab, where you have to severely limit your "vision" to get that stab in. To balance this out, there could be a slightly longer stab "windup" time.

Flat out no. This is too close to creating macros and it will absolutely happen. You can rebind kicking and all the other stuff if you need more place on the keyboard or want to redefine it, no problem. But certain hits bound to a key? Nah.

if you think this makes someone worse than you than ok, feel good in that fact and keep kicking ass.

but to think this gives anyone a crutch is the most ignorant thing you could say. it all still takes reaction time and knowledge of swing mechanics.

you sound like a damn boomer stuck in the times.

its no diff then people changing the function key commands to other keybindings for better responsiveness when commanding a unit.
What makes you think you are entitled to this type of change? Having ****ty peripherals is your own problem. I have a 50€ gaming mouse, I bought it two years ago and it works like a charm ever since. If you can't bring yourself to make this kind of investment to enjoy a game you like, you shouldn't be playing video games at all. Requesting monolithic changes to how the game is played to cater to you is simply outrageous.

What makes you think you are entitled to this type of change? Having ****ty peripherals is your own problem. I have a 50€ gaming mouse, I bought it two years ago and it works like a charm ever since. If you can't bring yourself to make this kind of investment to enjoy a game you like, you shouldn't be playing video games at all. Requesting monolithic changes to how the game is played to cater to you is simply outrageous.

Calm down boy, all he asked for was an option. Options don't change the game unless you use them.

It does change the game. The combat becomes completely stupid with keybinds to the attacks.

Once proper servers are reintroduced, people playing MP have no reason to complain about such an option. Just like autoblock in Warband it could be set to allowed or not by the host. Meanwhile, this would be a nice option playing SP.

Once proper servers are reintroduced, people playing MP have no reason to complain about such an option. Just like autoblock in Warband it could be set to allowed or not by the host. Meanwhile, this would be a nice option playing SP.
It would ruin the whole combat for the multiplayer. People are going to abuse such system.

We talking MP here, not SP

Back
Top Bottom