Italian Peninsula Factions

Users who are viewing this thread

The administration of Corsica was given to the bishop of Pisa by the pope Gregoire VII in 1077 but the island itself was divided in 2 parts : 1 for Pisa and 1 for Genoa. But as always with the Italian city-state they soon began to fight for the island.
Finally Genoa won a major sea battle (battle of Meloria) in 1284 and took control of the whole island.

I think you should give Corsica to the papal states.

Solwen said:
The administration of Corsica was given to the bishop of Pisa by the pope Gregoire VII in 1077 but the island itself was divided in 2 parts : 1 for Pisa and 1 for Genoa. But as always with the Italian city-state they soon began to fight for the island.
Finally Genoa won a major sea battle (battle of Meloria) in 1284 and took control of the whole island.

I think you should give Corsica to the papal states.

I don't agree. It would be like giving the Crusader States to the Pope just because he was their ultimate overlord.

I think it should go to either Pisa or Genoa.

kurnut i want help you with the italian kingdoms because i know very well this period(i'm italian)

Well, thank you Proie, but at the moment I'm very busy with the modeling of some items for the mod. Naturally you can post here all the research and the lore that you have. It will be really usefull... and if you have some pictures of XIII century italian equipment just post it in the modeling and texturing thread.
Ciao!

PS
Ma perche' cavolo ti parlo in inglese se sono italiano????  :cool:

ti darò il link degli screenshots dei modelli del mod di mendieval 2 total war cosme ispirazione e se vuoi usarli posso chiederlo io al capo del mod(è un mio amico)
fammi sapere

I post this link here for the people who want to help us in the research on Italian leaders (from Kuauik's thread).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Condottieri

I have not the time to devote to the historical research (modeling in progress)

So the map has a big gap in northern Italy with little action going on except for two Holy Roman towns, I was thinking this would be a good spot for the Republic of Venice (which was a very powerful naval state at the time).

Some maps:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Venezianische_Kolonien.png

At the time of the mod, Venice controlled:
Venice
Ragusa
Koron in South Greece
Crete
Euboan Archipelago in Eastern Greece

I think some of these lands may overlap with the Latin League tho so you'd have to check.

Venice will eventually make it in the mod as the very last faction, in one fashion or another.

I had selfish reason for putting Ireland in.  I needed a balancing factor for England :razz:

Back
Top Bottom