Instructions (updating for v 0.400)

Users who are viewing this thread

I am facing some problems. I downloaded and saved the file. Then copied it to modules folder, then extracted and cut the file from where i extracted it.
So i enter the multiplayer and search the servers. It shows 3 servers but no players. So i join.
Whenever i select the option to do anything i go into spectator view and all i can do is watch as a shirtless guys appears. Runs at one spot then disappears. Can you help?

Ah -- I should have explained that. The red score is the team score from killing enemy agents, the yellow score is the score from other objectives -- caravans crossing the map, or possession of cattle over time. (The X/Y score in livestock raid represents the current possession of cattle, but may not be working right now). They determine who wins the match and who gains/loses a conquest point on the map, but don't have a direct impact on your character.

nijis said:
Ah -- I should have explained that. The red score is the team score from killing enemy agents, the yellow score is the score from other objectives -- caravans crossing the map, or possession of cattle over time. (The X/Y score in livestock raid represents the current possession of cattle, but may not be working right now). They determine who wins the match and who gains/loses a conquest point on the map, but don't have a direct impact on your character.
...And what about the score you see pressing "TAB"...?
...it should be the personal score right...??

ciauz^^,
Jab

It's just the player's score -- with a renown bonus if you're playing for the same religion group.

Also, I will try to edit cf_multiplayer_team_is_available for the next update so that if it's your religious faction vs another religious faction, you can always join the team of the same faction.

nijis said:
It's just the player's score -- with a renown bonus if you're playing for the same religion group.

Also, I will try to edit cf_multiplayer_team_is_available for the next update so that if it's your religious faction vs another religious faction, you can always join the team of the same faction.
...With this new feature we'll be able to join automatically our own faction and don't need to switch it when map start, right...?

ciauz^^,
Jab

...With this new feature we'll be able to join automatically our own faction and don't need to switch it when map start, right...?

No -- unfortunately. The server doesn't know what faction the player is until a few sections after you join. So, you need to join, wait until your character's attributes load (your money should pop up, and the flags in the upper left hand corner) and then you can join.

nijis said:
SEA RAID
This is best played by infantry. Player retinues are not spawned in this mode.\
*The battle takes place inside an estuary -- as indeed, most historical naval battles took place very close to land. Fast, light attacking galleys raid the defender's merchant feluccas, which sail down one side of the estuary. The defender mans heavier galleys to catch the attackers.\
*Press 'n' to captain the nearest available galley (this will cost you 1000 gold) or 'm' to board as a marine. You can also press 'm' to return to a galley, as long as no enemies are nearby.\
*A captain can control the galley with the arrow keys, speeding it up or steering it to either side.\
*You can attack an enemy ship by missile fire and by boarding. Killing oarsmen will slow a galley down. To board, ram or bump the enemy. This will foul both your ships for a while, rendering immobile. After some time, the ships will push off from each other, but you can ram and board again.\
*A ship that loses all its crew will begin to sink. The nearest enemy ship will get credit for killing it. If this is you, you can then row to the starting point (indicated by an arrow), your ship will be removed, and you will be returned to shore to start again.\
*You cannot move off the map, onto land, or into areas too near to the enemy's spawn points -- these are shallow waters, and you do not know the depths. A ship's helmsman will steer the ship away if you get too close.\
*Because of engine issues, you may see the occasional bot fall off a boat and hang in the air. Consider this the fortunes of war at sea -- I still am working on how to prevent it."),
...Is SEA RAID mode available at the moment or not...?

ciauz^^,
Jab

JabdiMelborn said:
nijis said:
SEA RAID
*The battle takes place inside an estuary -- as indeed, most historical naval battles took place very close to land. Fast, light attacking galleys raid the defender's merchant feluccas, which sail down one side of the estuary. The defender mans heavier galleys to catch the attackers.\
*Press 'n' to captain the nearest available galley (this will cost you 1000 gold) or 'm' to board as a marine. You can also press 'm' to return to a galley, as long as no enemies are nearby.\
*A captain can control the galley with the arrow keys, speeding it up or steering it to either side.\
*You can attack an enemy ship by missile fire and by boarding. Killing oarsmen will slow a galley down. To board, ram or bump the enemy. This will foul both your ships for a while, rendering immobile. After some time, the ships will push off from each other, but you can ram and board again.\
*A ship that loses all its crew will begin to sink. The nearest enemy ship will get credit for killing it. If this is you, you can then row to the starting point (indicated by an arrow), your ship will be removed, and you will be returned to shore to start again.\
*You cannot move off the map, onto land, or into areas too near to the enemy's spawn points -- these are shallow waters, and you do not know the depths. A ship's helmsman will steer the ship away if you get too close.\
*Because of engine issues, you may see the occasional bot fall off a boat and hang in the air. Consider this the fortunes of war at sea -- I still am working on how to prevent it."),

ciauz^^,
Jab
It can be played in an un-official server, yes, but they are not been ran on the official servers.

jepekula said:
JabdiMelborn said:
nijis said:
SEA RAID

ciauz^^,
Jab
It can be played in an un-official server, yes, but they are not been ran on the official servers.
...Server Name, pls...?

ciauz^^,
Jab

Back
Top Bottom