Users who are viewing this thread

Personally I don't feel passive income is the problem, quite the opposite. Even if I can make a few thousand per day, it's peanuts compared to what you rake in by constantly fighting and looting because equipment prices are absurd.

Personally I don't feel passive income is the problem, quite the opposite. Even if I can make a few thousand per day, it's peanuts compared to what you rake in by constantly fighting and looting because equipment prices are absurd.

Passive income that cannot go negative is a problem. It's just maths. If you have a workshop or caravan that gives +50 gold and you get 5 of them and wait, eventually you will get a lot of money.

The problem is that there is no threat to reduce passive income, so it is just an additive income forever.

At present, the biggest threat to a reduction in passive income is war. If your character is aligned to a kingdom then you’re much more likely to lose caravans, workshops, and even villages bringing goods to a city will increase tax income for the village and city (if you are the holder for that city). Not taking a side in Calradia would be the easiest way to keep the denars flowing.

Of course, the limit on the size of caravans has helped to address some of these issues since we have seen caravans become a more risky investment.

Passive income that cannot go negative is a problem. It's just maths. If you have a workshop or caravan that gives +50 gold and you get 5 of them and wait, eventually you will get a lot of money.

The problem is that there is no threat to reduce passive income, so it is just an additive income forever.
That's simply not true, caravans can be attacked and workshops can be destroyed. Even if it were so the amount of income you get is far from game breaking when you consider how rapidly you can make money by selling off gear. M&B has always had forms of passive income for people who don't want to play warmongers and that should remain an option. I mean I could easily argue that because enemies respawn endlessly, they present an infinite potential pool of money and therefore are broken and should be removed. It's just maths.

Why do you even oppose my suggestion of splitting it into different difficulties?

You can still have your grind at "realistic/hard" while those who want a higher cap on income or better prices could just choose "easy".
You would still be able to have your economic-war-simulation that you so badly want.

I don't want this to be an economic simulation, mainly because i don't want to come home from work and do more work.
If i wanted to do that i could just sit around and trade with my stocks which is a hassle of it own.

Exactly this. I don't understand people who oppose toggleable options.

The economy is already a grind, if passive income is nerfed into the ground we just have to spend even more time going from town to town buying and selling trade goods just to be able to buy some gear. The price of gear is inflated in this game, it does not correlate to other values. A piece of armor can cost more than paying for an army of troops all using that same piece of armor, that is if you can even find the armor that all your top tier troops are using.

Personally I would like to see the price of weapons and armor go down and an increase in tax income and the cost of troop upkeep. Get the player motivated to get out of the trade simulator grind and into the war game.

I don't think that making money is too easy. In fact, in the earlier game I think caravans and workshops have been nerfed too hard. The problem is not money making - it's having a lack of money sinks. Just make it more expensive to upgrade our troops to the next tier. Basically, you're buying the equipment of your troops when they upgrade tiers. That is a renewable money sink as you'll always be losing troops and having to replace them.

In Warband you could upgrade villages this would be a great feature in Bannerlord building the manor house and having it as storage place or even garrison troops or like a caravan you could pay for better troops. Also you could add gifts to buy to help raise relationships with kings and lords and wife. Even pay extra for exquisite this could be used in the gaining a spouse to impress her or her father. How about a farm to buy and sell and supply troops. Buy maids and butlers for throne room. decoration for throne room to personalise for character Buy a better throne, banners , body gaurds, Feasts, ornament ,art, planets,features.

Or just add sinks to that money, make it so you have more money going out the door. Castle improvements? Garrison fees for upgrading troops? Peasant fees for increased production of goods? Increased security patrols around settlements and castles to clean up looters and bandits? Rivalries and bribing for relations with other faction clans/lords? Slightly increased costs to higher tier troops?

People keep saying to cap income, but the problem is that there is nothing to spend the money on, so whatever you nerf it to, you'll still wind up in the same situation, it will just take longer and make the game more of a slog, increasing sinks would be a much better option.

This is the solution OP is looking for. We're playing early to high medieval nobles in this game, we should be filthy rich by ALL means. The issue really is not the amount of money, but that we can't use that cash in all the ways described in the post I'm quoting. I'd for example love the idea to bribe notables into liking me.How about being able to barter for favor/oppinion with them to unlock all their recruitable troops ? That could very well cost 50k gold and more, and would solve that infinite gold "issue" instantly.

Just started a new playthrough, where I leave most of my loot, don't take prisoners excerpt potential recruits, no workshops or caravans and no traiding. And it seems like in that case early-game economy works quite well (only needs more quests).

Problem is in mid-game, where your money start rocketing with successful campaigns. Each defeated lord gives you loot-money, high tier prisoners and gear. So poor mercenary gets about 10-15k per battle plus free equipment and troops.

So I think removing plundered money at all or significantly reducing them should help a great deal!

First of all players don't loose money if defeated, so why AI lords should? And why do they need so much gold with them?

Don't think anyone would say anything against difficulty levels. ?

Players SHOULD lose money, just like in Warband. I mean, are you sure we actually don't lose money ?

In Warband you could upgrade villages this would be a great feature in Bannerlord building the manor house and having it as storage place or even garrison troops or like a caravan you could pay for better troops. Also you could add gifts to buy to help raise relationships with kings and lords and wife. Even pay extra for exquisite this could be used in the gaining a spouse to impress her or her father. How about a farm to buy and sell and supply troops. Buy maids and butlers for throne room. decoration for throne room to personalise for character Buy a better throne, banners , body gaurds, Feasts, ornament ,art, planets,features.

Fief improvements should probably cost some maintenance while we're at it.

Exactly this. I don't understand people who oppose toggleable options.

The economy is already a grind, if passive income is nerfed into the ground we just have to spend even more time going from town to town buying and selling trade goods just to be able to buy some gear. The price of gear is inflated in this game, it does not correlate to other values. A piece of armor can cost more than paying for an army of troops all using that same piece of armor, that is if you can even find the armor that all your top tier troops are using.

Personally I would like to see the price of weapons and armor go down and an increase in tax income and the cost of troop upkeep. Get the player motivated to get out of the trade simulator grind and into the war game.

Exactly.How is my vlandian knight only 8 denars in wages when his equipment alone is roughly 40k ?

You do lose money and some items in your inventory. They don't ever seem to take your equipped gear though.

The Equipped gear wasn't taken in Warband either. And I can understand that part,as you'll usually have your best and most expensive stuff equipped, and it would be really, really rage inducing to lose that on a regular basis.

The Equipped gear wasn't taken in Warband either. And I can understand that part,as you'll usually have your best and most expensive stuff equipped, and it would be really, really rage inducing to lose that on a regular basis.

They definitely took my shoes and my horse on more than one occasion.

edit: actually, that was a mod, so it might have been mod behavior.

One interesting idea I've seen is that, just like you have to buy horses for your cavalry, maybe you should be required to buy some of the equipment for other upgrades as well.

Like, to upgrade your Imperial recruit to a soldier, you need to give them a (not bent/rusted/etc) shield and/or weapon, and for the archer you need a bow. Next ranks might not need more, but once you get to Legionnaire, you're going to have to pony up at least some portion of the thousands of dinars that their equipment is actually worth.

Maybe in the later stage of the gameplay you have huge amount of money, BUT in the beginning I have huge problems with gold!!:sad:
I could see on YT after the release that Trade was extremely profitable...now, prices are not satisfying at all...
I have 45 men and JUST 900 gold.
In my humble opinion Economy now sucks in the game - especially in the beggining.
Maybe some finacial tips for the "beginner" ? :grin:

Maybe in the later stage of the gameplay you have huge amount of money, BUT in the beginning I have huge problems with gold!!:sad:
I could see on YT after the release that Trade was extremely profitable...now, prices are not satisfying at all...
I have 45 men and JUST 900 gold.
In my humble opinion Economy now sucks in the game - especially in the beggining.
Maybe some finacial tips for the "beginner" ? :grin:

There are a few quests that are relatively low-risk for a starting party that is small and fast such as delivering the herd, the spy among us, runaway daughter, etc. Build up a nest egg and invest in a workshop deep in someone's heartland to mitigate party costs entirely. Once you're not worried about daily party costs, you can do whatever to generate income.

There are a few quests that are relatively low-risk for a starting party that is small and fast such as delivering the herd, the spy among us, runaway daughter, etc. Build up a nest egg and invest in a workshop deep in someone's heartland to mitigate party costs entirely. Once you're not worried about daily party costs, you can do whatever to generate income.
Thanks for your reply !! :smile:
I did few quests like this, but i could earn around 500 gold for each, but spending around 270 gold per day on army it was pointless. One time I had to deliver the herd to the north - almost most of the map - for 414 gold.... If I would go there, I would have to pay to my men much more for the trip which would take a lot of time.
I think they messed up something with the economy in the beginning of the game.
Well, I will have to check it while playing:smile:

Thanks for your reply !! :smile:
I did few quests like this, but i could earn around 500 gold for each, but spending around 270 gold per day on army it was pointless. One time I had to deliver the herd to the north - almost most of the map - for 414 gold.... If I would go there, I would have to pay to my men much more for the trip which would take a lot of time.
I think they messed up something with the economy in the beginning of the game.
Well, I will have to check it while playing:smile:

You might have to consider trimming your party cost down some.

Back
Top Bottom