Infantry units with long cape

Users who are viewing this thread

With new cloth physics, long capes would look amazing. But infantry units with long cape shouldn't be in every faction, in my opinion they could be only in Western Empire units. They would be named as "Western Knights" or something like that.

Would you like to see Infantry units with long cape in Western Empire units? Or what are your thoughs about cape on infantry uniform?

19ac4db91c8151bf666a4f42de4469d3--lamellar-armor-sca-armor.jpg

Yeah. If it were just legionaries its cool. I thonk capes are a little excessive but it would fit for a high tier empire unit.

Forest_Bandit.jpg
. Something like those also.

Thats my favourite artwork so far, gonna base my party of that.

I think its a good idea smiliar to the ancient macedonian army they had long capes only to the best of them and it was something unique to their army, so in my opinion only the western empire should have a long capes unit like something unique that they only have. :grin:

MadVader said:
Long, flowing skirts might look even better. I hope they work on the ladies' outfits as well.

Oh i forgot about civilian dress, yes you are right i hope TW gave some love to civilian outfit and ladies' dress when they walk/run dress would flow.

John.M said:
Not sure if you would count this, https://gfycat.com/IckyUnnaturalFluke
But it practically is a cape in all regards but length.

Ohh I didn't notice the physics on the cape, thanks! Now if it only was longer, like a proper cape.  :lol:

John.M said:
Not sure if you would count this, https://gfycat.com/IckyUnnaturalFluke
But it practically is a cape in all regards but length.
Thank you for posting it, i didnt notice that cape it looks awesome!

Varrak said:
Would you like to see Infantry units with long cape in Western Empire units? Or what are your thoughs about cape on infantry uniform?

I think it would be most appropriate for a captain or centurion and maybe sergeant/optio of a unit of men, rather than a whole unit wearing capes.

DanAngleland said:
Varrak said:

I think it would be most appropriate for a captain or centurion and maybe sergeant/optio of a unit of men, rather than a whole unit wearing capes.

Agreed. However there could be exceptions, for example elite units. Maybe some sort of General's bodyguard or something.

Or maybe Knights? For example, Acropora is a City under Western Empire rule. There would be "Acropora Knights" and those knights would wear those long capes as a special unit.

In history, there were Knights of Malta, where Knights wear long capes

knights_of_malta.gif

Templar_Knight_in_Battle_Dress_by_a.jpg

Varrak said:
Or maybe Knights? For example, Acropora is a City under Western Empire rule. There would be "Acropora Knights" and those knights would wear those long capes as a special unit.

In history, there were Knights of Malta, where Knights wear long capes

knights_of_malta.gif

Templar_Knight_in_Battle_Dress_by_a.jpg

For special units everything is acceptable for me. Not sure about the regular infantry. Those capes you posted looks like they belong to a commander and a high ranked officer or a noble I dont know. It would be nicer for special units as you propose.
On the other hand, long capes which are not like the image you posted could be equipped by regular troops also. I can imagine battanian scouts and rangers in long capes.

I would like some characters to have capes, but i think it should only be reserved for high ranking officers and nobles/commanders, it's something with which they can distinguish themselves from the common soldiers, and it should be tied to high status.

Back
Top Bottom