If you would rule the world...

Users who are viewing this thread

The Mercenary said:
The only global superpower in the world at the moment is the United States; others are rising rapidly to that position. (China, EU, Russia, India, etc)

UN is much better than the League of Nations. It has a military force.
I am aware of the fact that they have a military force, however I was making the point that like the League of Nations they too are unable to preserve the peace or such. Just like the League of Nations were pretty much ignored, the UN works the same way.

Of course they send in some troops and levy sanctions, but the end result of that is that most countries with any sizable army or just the guts ignores them and does what they wanted to regardless.

I am not knocking the peacekeepers or saying the UN is a bad idea, it just does not work as it is at preventing warfare or ensuring that populations are not wholly oppressed by their governments.

The Mercenary said:
They're either called peacekeepers or blue-helmets.

The only global superpower in the world at the moment is the United States; others are rising rapidly to that position. (China, EU, Russia, India, etc)
Is Russia on the rise? :???:

The Mercenary said:

Hietala said:
Well, what are you going to do against those Koreans  :roll: If you accidently fire a bullet they will instinctivily launch their arsenal of nukes on your country and say it was out of pure self-defense

All five of those nukes that don't have the range to reach across the world?
Bullets don't have it either, if you're able to shoot bullets at N-K, they're able to launch nukes at you. :lol:

Tuckles said:
As for funding: Debts? The President of the World would pretty much control the world bank, and any local banks. Why would they allow you? (You have to give reasons when taking out a loan)
And how 'bout debts with the black market's arms dealers?

The Mercenary said:
Úlfheðinn said:
Yeah, but the UN also fails at accomplishing 90% of what they try...

No offense to them but when was the last time you heard them really managing to stabilize a region.

Mostly, they are able to sit and observe and sometimes stop things from getting out of hand until someone else decides to act(see a global superpower for reference).

The UN is only slightly better than the League of Nations and we all know how well that worked as a means to keep the world at peace.  :roll:

The EU is pretty much already a global super power.

The Mercenary said:
Hietala said:
Well, what are you going to do against those Koreans  :roll: If you accidently fire a bullet they will instinctivily launch their arsenal of nukes on your country and say it was out of pure self-defense

But they DO have the range to reach South Korea or Japan. And South-Korea is pretty much the USA's foothold on the Korean peninsula.

Hietala said:
The most countries who are at peace have an army just to coöperate with the UN and send soldiers to 3rd world countries to stabilise the situation over there.  :roll:
(Those soldiers with their blue helmets, :razz: they don't seem to have a name in English)

:lol:, right. Britain & France, Canada & Germany are all just keeping their armed forces to appease the scary UN.

((If you start doing ridiculous, then I'll start doing ridiculous  :???: ))

Did I mention that the villagers are immortal? And the shovels light-saber-esque?

vadermath said:
I haven't started doing ridiculous. I've been ridiculous my entire life.
This, ladies and gentleman is the man who will liberate us from organisations like Al Quaeda and the Taliban by flaming them continiously  :roll:

((Vengeance :lol:))

Hietala said:
The EU is a global superpower. period

Right. I would also like to call NATO, the UN, and every other alliance made up of more than two major powers a global superpower.

FrisianDude said:
The Mercenary said:

Is Russia on the rise? :???:

The Mercenary said:

Hietala said:

Bullets don't have it either, if you're able to shoot bullets at N-K, they're able to launch nukes at you. :lol:

"country", not "soldiers"

I'm not sure about Russia. There are some who postulate that it's rising though.
Hietala said:
Tuckles said:
As for funding: Debts? The President of the World would pretty much control the world bank, and any local banks. Why would they allow you? (You have to give reasons when taking out a loan)
And how 'bout debts with the black market's arms dealers?

The Mercenary said:
Úlfheðinn said:
Yeah, but the UN also fails at accomplishing 90% of what they try...

No offense to them but when was the last time you heard them really managing to stabilize a region.

Mostly, they are able to sit and observe and sometimes stop things from getting out of hand until someone else decides to act(see a global superpower for reference).

The UN is only slightly better than the League of Nations and we all know how well that worked as a means to keep the world at peace.  :roll:

The EU is pretty much already a global super power.

The Mercenary said:
Hietala said:

But they DO have the range to reach South Korea or Japan. And South-Korea is pretty much the USA's foothold on the Korean peninsula.

Nuking either of those countries would be suicide for the North Koreans. And South Korea is OBVIOUSLY our foothold on the Korean peninsula. Because there's North Korea, and South Korea. And North Korea ain't our friends. Also, five nukes might mess up the infrastructure of the countries and destroy a few major cities. Then you have the rest of the world with their thousands of nukes pissed off. The only country I can think of that might be remotely interested in helping the North Koreans is China - and they wouldn't be helping the North Koreans.

Hietala said:
vadermath said:
I haven't started doing ridiculous. I've been ridiculous my entire life.
This, ladies and gentleman is the man who will liberate us from organisations like Al Quaeda and the Taliban by flaming them continiously  :roll:

((Vengeance :lol:))

Are we under the Taliban's rule? No. Therefore, we cannot be liberated from them. Unless you're an Afghan who's under the rule of the Taliban, but I somehow doubt that.

Back
Top Bottom