If you would rule the world...

Users who are viewing this thread

Hietala

Grandmaster Knight
Imagine this: you are the supreme ruler of the world. All the nations have united under your flag, and your people are happy.
Your an absolute ruler, so no Seperation of Powers in your empire! That means that you control the Judiciary, Legislature and the Executive powers. You also possess an insignificant military force.

Now here comes the question: What would you do/change to the world/do to improve wellfare/etc..

PS: If you are up to eliminate forum people, you will face a revolution, you will be dethroned, stripped off your clothes,be thrown into a dark prison cell, hundred meters below. You will also be tortured and be executed in a very painfull way. No grudges to each other on THIS thread

I would eliminate Hietala, and the people would rejoice in my benevolence.

I just wanted to improve the world, what's so bad about that? Judging from her (his/its?) opinions on the use of torture and imprisonment, it would be a positive change to get rid of her (him/it).

I would build the biggest military force ever known to mankind because it was insignificant when I took over and I need to kill a lot of people.

That killing one person won't lead to any good? :/  It's the same as killing some other person, it won't affect anything. And therefore your idea to eliminate me (that counts for other people as well if they are being eliminated) will be disqualified.

Hietala said:
Imagine this: you are the supreme ruler of the world. All the nations have united under your flag, and your people are happy.
Your an absolute ruler, so no Seperation of Powers in your empire! That means that you control the Judiciary, Legislature and the Executive powers. You also possess an insignificant military force.

Don't you mean a significant military force? :???:

Sushiman70 said:
Ban exported chinese goods, creating 600 million jobs.

... that kinda won't work that way. You'll create jobs in the western world, but it'd cost jobs in China.

FrisianDude said:
Hietala said:

Don't you mean a significant military force? :???:
Nope, you actually start with a small military force to control any mobs etc

Hietala said:
That killing one person won't lead to any good? :/  It's the same as killing some other person, it won't affect anything. And therefore your idea to eliminate me (that counts for other people as well if they are being eliminated) will be disqualified.

If one person can change the world by ruling it, then one person can change the world by being killed. Besides, I didn't say that killing you would be a big change, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a positive one.

You're an absolute ruler, so if history is any guide, they wont be happy forever....

FrisianDude said:
... that kinda won't work that way. You'll create jobs in the western world, but it'd cost jobs in China.

The Chinese government recently introduced a recession buster package worth nearly US$1 billion. They are still not in debt. They can afford the social security payouts.

You think the loss of that many jobs wouldn't completely cripple their economy and erase their savings within a very short time?

Mage246 said:
Hietala said:

If one person can change the world by ruling it, then one person can change the world by being killed. Besides, I didn't say that killing you would be a big change, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a positive one.
I see it more negative, because once the rumour spreads that you've killed one of your people for no reason, the mob will start to hate you. They'll think that you just 'committed murder' (that's how it is) for your own personal benefit.

"You can't tame the people with the sword"

Mage246 said:
You're an absolute ruler, so if history is any guide, they wont be happy forever....
Absolute rulers like Charles I of England and Louis XVI were decapitated, so there are things you could change if you want to avoid angry mobs with torches and pitchforks

Sushiman70 said:
FrisianDude said:

The Chinese government recently introduced a recession buster package worth nearly US$1 billion. They are still not in debt. They can afford the social security payouts.

It would unbalance the distribution of the world's wealth... The center of gravity will move to the West instead of in the middle of everything.

You think the absolute ruler of the world couldn't get away with killing one person in secret? That's pretty naive, even for you. I'd be careful, no one would ever be able to trace it back to me.

On the other hand, say that you would rule the world starting tomorrow, and the news will spread everywhere today, with every detail, and TW will be the first 'community' to know it. Then I would be carefull and undertake every possible measure to make sure you won't track me down.

I would have Taleworlds liquidated if they knew, of course, not that any of you know who I am (or ever will). Or that they'd know who you are either, you'd just be some random dead girl, and there's plenty of those in the world.

Also:

Mage246 said:
Oops, found you. You were standing in plain sight. That was a ****ty hiding place.

:lol:

But if I would be standing in plain sight, and you didn't recognise me at all?

+ According to the Topic, there is a large angry mob containing almost 98% of world's population with pitchforks, slings, torches, stolen arms from a depot and molotov cocktails standing in front of the palace gates out for your guts, most militarymen have already joined the mob and there's nothing you can do, and you can't escape.

Back
Top Bottom