If the Taleworld devs don't start paying attention to Multiplayer as much as they do Singleplayer, I will refund the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

I came for the singeplayer and stayed for the unrivaled and unique MP later in warband, anyone who thinks you have to belong either to a single player or MP camp obviously will get bored of the game in a month anyway, good riddance.

If the Taleworld devs don't start paying attention to the leakage in my bathroom as much as they do Singleplayer, I will refund the game. ?

I would agree with you if MP was a "main focus" of Bannerlord, or if the MP community was larger than it is, but it isn't. Fact of the matter is that Bannerlord is primarily a Singleplayer game, and the overwhelming vast majority of people only ever play Singleplayer. Yes, I am biased because I myself exclusively play Singleplayer.
But I'll take a step back, take my bias out of the equation, and just look at the raw numbers: As I said, the overwhelming vast majority of the playerbase is Singleplayer exclusive and the game recently launched a very shaky (but still very fun) early access, obviously Taleworlds will pour 99% of their time and resources into patching up the Singleplayer into a stable playable state before they start focusing a little bit more on Multiplayer.
I see your point but I don't really share it, while I obviously agree that most of the resources should be directed towards SP, that doesn't mean that MP should be sacrificed at all. A small team should be able to make progress for MP at a steady pace while the bulk of the company focuses on improving SP.

I mean no offense but I honestly think that the whole idea of "most players only care about SP so it doesn't matter if the devs ignore MP for now" is a bit close-minded, there's definitely a market for medieval combat videogames as proven by titles like For Honor and Mordhau (which even if failing to keep a big playerbase alive over time, were sucessful in sales and popularity despite being multiplayer-only games); MP might not have as big of an appeal as the SP, but it definitely has a lot of potential that Taleworlds isn't capitalizing on enough, multiplayer can't just become great without the company investing a reasonable amount of effort into it.

mQ5pX.png
Unlike you I think I'm making very reasonable arguments here.

I see your point but I don't really share it, while I obviously agree that most of the resources should be directed towards SP, that doesn't mean that MP should be sacrificed at all. A small team should be able to make progress for MP at a steady pace while the bulk of the company focuses on improving SP.

I mean no offense but I honestly think that the whole idea of "most players only care about SP so it doesn't matter if the devs ignore MP for now" is a bit close-minded, there's definitely a market for medieval combat videogames as proven by titles like For Honor and Mordhau (which even if failing to keep a big playerbase alive over time, were sucessful in sales and popularity despite being multiplayer-only games); MP might not have as big of an appeal as the SP, but it definitely has a lot of potential that Taleworlds isn't capitalizing on enough, multiplayer can't just become great without the company investing a reasonable amount of effort into it.

Unlike you I think I'm making very reasonable arguments here.
I hope you dont get what you want D

I didn't buy this to run around naked with a sword so I don't really care about MP or making it for whatever vision Napoleon wars player have. Roll on SP!

giphy.gif

I love the replies to this thread yet I can't believe people are seriously so irate over a just released EA game with DAILY patches and with a HEAVY emphasis (basically entirely) on single player. This is not Mordhau.

I came for the singeplayer and stayed for the unrivaled and unique MP later in warband, anyone who thinks you have to belong either to a single player or MP camp obviously will get bored of the game in a month anyway, good riddance.
I totally agree to the first part, no reason to divide the community into single and multiplayer camps. But, without any attentions to tread on your toes, I never played a single MP match in Warband while playing SP for years! And I'm not the only one who literally never got bored of Warband. ?

I totally agree to the first part, no reason to divide the community into single and multiplayer camps. But, without any attentions to tread on your toes, I never played a single MP match in Warband while playing SP for years! And I'm not the only one who literally never got bored of Warband. ?
The MP camp literally only needs 10-20k players all the time to keep servers popped in every country 24/7 so much so that it feels like a choice and not what's forced on you. Multiplayer really doesn't need 200k players at a time.. 3-5 siege servers going on in every hemisphere, two duels servers (maybe?), a few tdms and dms and a few big populated battle servers (ala warband server) 100 most and a whole bunch of skirmish with the MMing but that isn't even that many players. You don't really need that many active and loyal players for a MP scene, and to be honest TW doesn't need 90% of the reviews from the players who aren't LOYAL

The MP camp literally only needs 10-20k players all the time to keep servers popped in every country 24/7 so much so that it feels like a choice and not what's forced on you. Multiplayer really doesn't need 200k players at a time..
Considering the popularity of Bannerlord, such numbers should easily be reached. Too sad that silent_but_violent will already have refunded by then... ?

Considering the popularity of Bannerlord, such numbers should easily be reached. Too sad that silent_but_violent will already have refunded by then... ?
I agree those numbers should be reached easily with or without warband players taleworlds should atleast respect the players who have been playing for ten years.. The funny thing about this post is I don't think he is a warband multi vet with 1000's of hours behind his sleeve..I personally will spend in the 90% percentile of only singleplayer players in singleplayer and then WHATEVER AMMOUNT OF TIME it takes to be competive in multiplayer until i die. A lot of the old Warband competive players are old now and don't have any time to spend but they should shut up instead of complaining.If at one point in your life you could be a god because you had more hours than everyone that played you should know and ACCEPT your "Skill" and stfu and if you have nolifed warband the past ten years u shouldn't have and u a re dumb

Last edited:
Difference is PvP players would never play a PvE game and demand the game to change completly.

My source is the game itself. Have you played SP after EA? Pretty sure they had to work hard on that to get it to a playable level in time.
Thats not true, theres plenty of people Ive seen on steam discussion of MB2 saying they should(the devs) "dump this broken sp and focus on mp"

What do u mean after EA? It still is EA. And ur source is not valid. But no discussion needed here since neither of us can prove this point.

Thats not true, theres plenty of people Ive seen on steam discussion of MB2 saying they should(the devs) "dump this broken sp and focus on mp"

What do u mean after EA? It still is EA. And ur source is not valid. But no discussion needed here since neither of us can prove this point.
The Start of EA. SP was barely playable. No way they didn't just finish the work on that. Noone here with a human brain expects TW to let SP die. If you go to steam forums where noone knows how the game works or can count to 10 its your own fault.

Last edited:
Why do all these SP-only normies keep saying that SP is a bigger focus for now than multiplayer? Do you all think taleworlds has 5 employees in a tiny office? They have alot of employees working on this game. They can focus on BOTH SP and MP.

and from what I have seen on the multiplayer forum, the large majority of the (extremely small, mind you) multiplayer base is like these two lovely gentlemen (or ladies, what do I know). I for one am extremely happy that TW is ignoring feedback from these people, and I do hope that they will get bored of the game and leave. The sooner they leave the community, the better it is for everyone here.

so you want people you dont know to leave the multiplayer part of the game, while you only play singleplayer and wouldnt interact with these people anyway, because they are different than you? what the hell is wrong with you people.

so you want people you dont know to leave the multiplayer part of the game, while you only play singleplayer and wouldnt interact with these people anyway, because they are different than you? what the hell is wrong with you people.

No. I will be happy when they leave the forum, so that maybe it is less of a cesspool of toxicity. What I don't want is for them to influence what changes are made on my single player game.

And to the people who say that MP and SP are separate, let me remind you that there were MP people raging at SP people over autoblock not too long ago. Just an example.

Back
Top Bottom