Resolved I can't create any save files

Users who are viewing this thread

Dannyskr

Recruit
Is it my pc, or is this another bug issue. Every time I try to create a save file, I can't even find any save file I try to make. I even tried reinstalling and validated the integrity of the game files. But no matter how many times I do it, I still can't even create a single save file. Can someone please tell me how am I supposed to fix this? Or at least have someone guide me to fix this issue?

Game tries to create saves to C:\Users\%username%\Documents\ or if you have OneDrive enabled, it could be C:\Users\%username%\OneDrive\Documents\

Might be some other drive than C if your operating system is not installed on C for some reason.

Most likely reason would be that game has no rights to use the folder for some reason. Could be windows related issue, easiest to see if it helps might be to go to folder's security tab and allow all 'everyone' to have full access to that folder. Not recommended unless on a home computer that only trusted people use, though.

I don't have any onedrive enabled. I don't use it. And guide us. Where is the folder's security tab you speak of? Please write a detailed guide if you could in here.

I don't have any idea on how to do that. I think the users already have full access to playing all games.

Game tries to create saves to C:\Users\%username%\Documents\ or if you have OneDrive enabled, it could be C:\Users\%username%\OneDrive\Documents\

Might be some other drive than C if your operating system is not installed on C for some reason.

Most likely reason would be that game has no rights to use the folder for some reason. Could be windows related issue, easiest to see if it helps might be to go to folder's security tab and allow all 'everyone' to have full access to that folder. Not recommended unless on a home computer that only trusted people use, though.
So you're saying I should install my game into my drive C? My others games are installed into other drives, and have no problems saving so far.

I installed yesterday and have had the exact same problem. Game wont save. If I click save and then go in to load game there's no file, same if I try use save as..

I first tried uninstalling, no change. Then tried uninstalling from my D: drive and installing on the C: because the save file was located in My Documents so I thought that might make a difference but it didnt.

Edit: Permissions are also all ok.

Guess we ain't the only ones then. Did you try running your game as the admin?
I installed yesterday and have had the exact same problem. Game wont save. If I click save and then go in to load game there's no file, same if I try use save as..

I first tried uninstalling, no change. Then tried uninstalling from my D: drive and installing on the C: because the save file was located in My Documents so I thought that might make a difference but it didnt.

Edit: Permissions are also all ok.

So you're saying I should install my game into my drive C? My others games are installed into other drives, and have no problems saving so far.

No not really, just that M&B makes saves to your default user folder, which is generated when you install windows and make user accounts. Not the same place where M&B game itself is installed.

You can go to security tab by right clicking the folder and selecting lowest option, IIRC Advanced or something like that in english (PC I'm using now is finnish so can not check.)

Oh someone on another topic said that antivirus might be preventing game to write too, that is indeed a valid reason why it would not work.

Sorry to take a while to answer, was rather hectic day at work.

I have the same issue. Also, I noticed that any changes I make in the options, such as video graphics changes, are not saved after I exit the game and reload. So there must be more of an underlying issue than just access to the drive.

I have the same issue. Also, I noticed that any changes I make in the options, such as video graphics changes, are not saved after I exit the game and reload. So there must be more of an underlying issue than just access to the drive.

To clarify, I also have the same issue that Saves are not coming up in the saved file.

Same issue but from today, if I try loading save files that I did 8 hours ago all is fine, but when I make a new save its corrupted. Also I've noticed that steam sync is not working anymore.

That's strange: have you changed anything in the game between yesterday and today?
Have you got 2 separate drives with saves on one, and the game files on the other?

Bannerlord is on C: and save files are on D:. Till now I had no problems and didn't change anything.

It saves settings to the same folder with the game files, so if it can not gain access to that folder, it can not save settings either. Could certainly be the same reason for both, and in my experience, it is indeed the most likely reason. Of course there are many other reasons why it could fail, but taking out the most likely ones first is often the most efficient method of solving an issue.

TW is trying to solve the corrupted saves issue since 1.0.3. Hopefully we'll benefit from the fix to be able to save our games soon....

Back
Top Bottom