Resolved Save does not work

Users who are viewing this thread

Monty2705

Recruit
Hi all,

I don't know if any others encounter the same issue, but my "save as" menu doesn't actually save anything.
Yesterday I saved my game in a new campaign slot, and then clicked "save and exit" thinking that was working properly. Tonight, I didn't find this save.

Tried again on a fresh start, same save as new slot, and it doesnt appear neither.

Hello, same issue here, and i couldnt find any save in "steamapps\common" either, i installed the game again + i verified the integrity of game files, still no improvement (tests done during the release date then again today with the last patch)

(please don't hesitate to comment if you have encountered the same issue, it will make this topic more visible)
thank you for your attention.

Thanks for sharing Stanley.
I also tried to check the integrity of game files and it didnt detect any anomalies.

The majority of other players can save their game alright it seems. I hope this gets address in an upcoming patch.
1.0.1 and 1.0.2 were great fixes and solved many of my initial crashes, but it seems pointless to invest loads of time in a campaign to start over the following evening... :sad:

Saves are not stored in "...\steamapps\common". Have a look in:

"...\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves"

instead. This is the default save folder.

If you are running with multiple hard drives that might be the cause of your issue.

That folder is empty for me. I am using two drives with document on one and Steam on the other. Is your thought that it is having trouble saving it to a drive it isn't running off of?

Just tried that as well, putting the whole bannerlord file of steamapps/common + the whole Bannerlord file for save games in \\Documents on antivirus exceptions, but that didnt work out.

Tried also the tip to play MP first without any good results either.

Gonna have to wait for a fix.

If you have the game installed on one drive and the saves (document folders) stored on another, I guess it could lead to issues with saving and loading.

Yep, indeed thats the situation: my save games are moved in my Documents folder which synchronizes on OneDrive.
Any idea of how I can tell the game to create the bannerlord folder at any other place?

Last edited:
Congrats to you all for being able to save now!
It's working for me as well, new patch helped + my antivirus was blocking the saving process (BitDefender). I had to autorize the bannerlord launcher to write entries on the computer.

I have this problem after the last patch. I'll try this with Multiplayer hmmm thats strange solution, but i will try xD

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we were not able to respond to this topic when this topic first created.
We believe that this issue might have been fixed since the creation of this topic. If you are still experiencing this issue on the latest live or beta versions of the game at the moment please leave a reply to this topic so that we can forward this issue to the team for investigation.

Back
Top Bottom