How Many people want MALE ONLY LORD in Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said it was factual, I was just making a comment, no need to get hostile
I'm far from being hostile, I'm straight to the point :smile: there has been discussions like this from the very beginning, and it's always someone using an argument about 'realism' not taking cultural/religious aspect into consideration. For all we know, Calradian religions can be about sex equality :wink:

Majority of the female characters aren't actually 'military/warrior' characters but when a party slot opens up the game just selects whichever clan member is unoccupied to form one. So the actual 'military' lords/ladies with the best stats end up waiting in keeps a lot of the time.

Certain clans like the 'Dionicos' (the western empire clan) in their descriptions are meant to train their female members to lead parties for war but in practice every clan in the game does that, which makes that bit of lore meaningless.

I've never been annoyed by females leading parties. I wish 'non-combatant' clan members wouldn't form parties though, or at least wouldn't appear on the battlefield, regardless of their gender.

I like having both male & female warriors... besides how would you make the babies? #BrokeBackBannerlord...lol

So does nobody understand that the Clans are CLANS? They're a family, they're not hiring or jumping up people to be their Lords, so about 1/2 of them are gonna be female. Already most of their parties are male lead do to males having hire stats more often (why?).

Honestly I don't think we need a male lord only version of the game in native. As much as I absolutely hate SJW and Woke culture, there is still a place for an inclusive game that allows for gender equality. As long as I don't have to deal with a lord that is a guy that calls himself princess and is willing to marry me as a lady because he identifies as a girl, I am fine with female lords. However, lets leave the Male dominated society and/or alphabet soup idea of gender identity to the mods so that anyone, regardless of how they feel can have the gameplay experience they want without forcing it upon everyone else.

Don't care that much about this, maybe the game should prioritize male clan members to form new parties only choosing women if they are the only choice left or exceptional like the few ladies with kickass combat skills but i'm fine either way.

Would be even better if this was tied to the law system so different factions would have different views on women in leadership positions or inheritance, now that would be cool.

Just want to check how many people want MALE only LORD?( maybe 3-5 outstanding female only, not half of them woman)
I check the forum and mod, no one exist.

Oh yeah and simply also, I don't want to Fight and beheaded A WOMAN.
why male only? this game have no significant difference btw male and female

the only reason is it's more close to real history.

Nope, this is a light fantasy game, women/men ratio should not care so much, maybe if you are the player as in the original M&B

there are no 'these times', Banerlord is fantasy. Sex roles are based in culture and/or religion. Since we don't know anything about this world religions, we cannot assume it will be like with our world main religions - extremely patriarchal.

Anyways, I don't want such feature. Leave it with mods.
Patriarchal ideas have nothing to do with biological evolution and survivability, no culture in the world has a storied tradition of female warriors. Read. This is almost entirely a modern idea: case and point. I studied North American Indian tribes extensively throughout my adult life, not a single one has any female warrior tradition. None. They have zero connectivity to Patriarchal culture.

We've now reached the point in the thread where stevehoos comes in to state something, claims other people don't read and then doesn't link anything backing his statement up.

Last edited:
Majority of the female characters aren't actually 'military/warrior' characters but when a party slot opens up the game just selects whichever clan member is unoccupied to form one. So the actual 'military' lords/ladies with the best stats end up waiting in keeps a lot of the time.

Certain clans like the 'Dionicos' (the western empire clan) in their descriptions are meant to train their female members to lead parties for war but in practice every clan in the game does that, which makes that bit of lore meaningless.

I've never been annoyed by females leading parties. I wish 'non-combatant' clan members wouldn't form parties though, or at least wouldn't appear on the battlefield, regardless of their gender.
I had wondered about this. There are so many clan members that have warrior skills but never seem to be out warring while I do find so really whimpy lords out leading armies. I kind of figured Taleworlds had put the warrior stat line members in their to specifically be the lords that create parties. Guess I was wrong.

This could be an easy fix for Taleworlds though, just direct the game to look for the person with the most stats when they are looking to create an army. That person will most likely be the one with the warrior stat line.

I had wondered about this. There are so many clan members that have warrior skills but never seem to be out warring while I do find so really whimpy lords out leading armies. I kind of figured Taleworlds had put the warrior stat line members in their to specifically be the lords that create parties. Guess I was wrong.

This could be an easy fix for Taleworlds though, just direct the game to look for the person with the most stats when they are looking to create an army. That person will most likely be the one with the warrior stat line.
I think the game does select the clan member with the best stats, there just aren't enough of them in each clan. So when the 'warrior' lord is defeated and a non-combatant creates a party to replace it, the clan party limit prevents the 'warrior' from forming a new party until another in its clan is destroyed.

I think the game does select the clan member with the best stats, there just aren't enough of them in each clan. So when the 'warrior' lord is defeated and a non-combatant creates a party to replace it, the clan party limit prevents the 'warrior' from forming a new party until another in its clan is destroyed.
I guess also that if a war lord is in prison and there are no more lord available a female is selected to lead a party, but once he is back free the lady keeps leading the party until she is defeated.

So I agree that for the clan is more important keep the party numbers, but I think that NPC clans has to few clan members considering that after one generation player's family can easy reach 10 - 15 members + companions meanwhile NPC clans are 5 - 6 only.

Increasing the number of NPC clan members will help in this issue and will feel fine.

I guess also that if a war lord is in prison and there are no more lord available a female is selected to lead a party, but once he is back free the lady keeps leading the party until she is defeated.

So I agree that for the clan is more important keep the party numbers, but I think that NPC clans has to few clan members considering that after one generation player's family can easy reach 10 - 15 members + companions meanwhile NPC clans are 5 - 6 only.

Increasing the number of NPC clan members will help in this issue and will feel fine.
Well to be honest here, you are pretty restricted to what you can do with the Players family. You can only have 4 parties total so even if you had 100 members, your only going to have 4 armies on the map under your Clan's banner.

We've now reached the point in the thread where stevehoos comes in to state something, claims other people don't read and then doesn't link anything backing his statement up.

LOL, Patriarchal culture has zero to do with Male dominated fighters throughout human history. The onus is on you all to prove that a trend which is broadly consistent across all cultures in human history is flawed. I can't help you out of your 21st century education and culturally instilled fear of actual diversity in the brains and biological differences in men and women. There is no evidence of any Indian tribe in North America that has a culture of women fighters. I invite you to find a per reviewed study (not wikipedia) that refutes this. There are very defined roles in these tribes; therefore the argument that patriarchal culture is responsible for men being the hunters in the hunter gatherer ideal is logical idiocy. If people actually read -instead of getting their views from movie and TV- this would not even be a discussion.

Last edited:
The onus is on you all to prove that a trend which is broadly consistent across all cultures in human history is flawed.
Well, like I said the last, oh, three times we've gone at this: absolutes are strong claims.
no culture in the world has a storied tradition of female warriors

But this is more about you talking about how other people should read, while apparently being so unfamiliar with the subject you don't know a single reference off-hand. When pressed, you'll generally pivot to something no one argued (a strawman), which is demonstrated by your follow-up post here.

Last edited:
Well, like I said the last, oh, three times we've gone at this: absolutes are strong claims.

But this is more about you talking about how other people should read, while apparently being so unfamiliar with the subject you don't know a single reference off-hand. When pressed, you'll generally pivot to something no one argued (a strawman), which is demonstrated by your follow-up post here.

The Amazons lol? Okay...Have a good day dude. This is not a refutation of what I called out even if true. You have a problem with logic. Is another round of Joan Of Arc fought due?
Here are the sources for this:

Amazons of Black Sparta? This is comical. The zero evidence that the Amazones ever existed.

Hélène Almeida-Topor. Les Amazones: Une Armée de Femmes dans l’Afrique Précoloniale. Paris: Editions Rochevignes, 1984; Stanley Alpern. Amazons of Black Sparta: The Women Warriors of Dahomey. London: C. Hurst & Co., 2011; Richard Burton. A Mission to Gelele, King of Dahome. London: RKP, 1966; Robin Law. ‘The ‘Amazons’ of Dahomey

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom