Glad that beta version was tested before going live /sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread

No early access is a preorder with a playable beta as bonus. I dont think i have ever seen a "complete" early access release all of them are buggy and miss key advertised features.
So if others work with their feet, so also TW should?? That is an interesting point of view....
I gave my 50 bucks real money to TW though, because i trust them.

They quite clearly said you shouldn't buy EA if you want the complete game. That's pretty much excuse enough for everything.

Yes the complete Game as full release. But I am talking from core mechanics which you use the first minutes of the game.

Maybe we have different views of EA and that's OK. But I think there should be a base of trust and minimal level of finishing a Game before releasing it to EA.

They don't need to rush. Wouldn't have to rush with the release or releasing patches. 1 a week is good when quality is ok.

On the high price, it is fair to say that they told us to wait

"you may prefer to wait a little bit longer and hold off until the final, finished product. In this case, please consider adding the game to your wishlist and you’ll receive an email when we release the full version.”

Yes the complete Game as full release. But I am talking from core mechanics which you use the first minutes of the game.

Maybe we have different views of EA and that's OK. But I think there should be a base of trust and minimal level of finishing a Game before releasing it to EA.

They don't need to rush. Wouldn't have to rush with the release or releasing patches. 1 a week is good when quality is ok.
In my opinion the current state is already above minimal.
I do agree that it was wrong to implement untested changes in the live build though. Their current approach (alpha, beta, live build) is good, they just need to stick to it. Features and changes should never be implemented without being in beta first.

I see that you know it's early access, but I don't think you understand the meaning of it.
They call the patch BETA (which is a step above alpha, but there may still be major bugs and instability), but it's still early access.
The main point of early access is to let external people test out the game and to give feedbacks to help developers localize problems and improve the game.
I would prefer that you wait till a stable version is out and stick with it till the next stable version arrives.

I see that you know it's early access, but I don't think you understand the meaning of it.
They call the patch BETA (which is a step above alpha, but there may still be major bugs and instability), but it's still early access.
The main point of early access is to let external people test out the game and to give feedbacks to help developers localize problems and improve the game.
I would prefer that you wait till a stable version is out and stick with it till the next stable version arrives.
It seems you misses the point. What is the point having a beta branch if TW just release untested changes on the stable version? That completely defeat the purpose for having a beta branch.

For the record let me give his entire quote in case someone feels he's suggesting something else and that I'm misreading things:

The message I personally took from that post when he said "Adding new complex features can be our goal at next steps..."
was that more complex features can be later added through something like a DLC, while the base game (native) remains close to what it is now.

Where is the stable verson? Beta branch is testing.
The caravan change is on 1.1.0 not just 1.2.0

quote from 1.1.0 patch note
Economy and Trade
  • Caravans are now seen as more valuable targets by bandits and minor factions, which means that they will be attacked more. This will increase the number of battles that involve caravans. Previously, caravans were a nearly totally safe investment. Now bandits and minor faction lords sometimes attack caravans even if they are a bit stronger.
  • The pottery shop was very profitable - by creating 2 pieces of pottery (80 denars each) from one clay (20 denars) and doing this 4 times a day. Now one clay produces 1 pottery and pottery demand is halved to make its0 price more stable.
This hasn't been tested during the BETA 1.1.0

So? Whats your point? It's still beta, the game is still in early access, there is no stable version of the game, nothing in this game is finished.
Did you just dimissed his evidence and go 'It's early access' route? lol

I play on beta branch and I can approve that the caravan and workshop change are not in it before they made it into stable version, even more the ridiculous weapon price(Harpoon, Jereed, Falx ,etc) are not fixed on stable version either despite it's a reported problem in beta branch.The price are fine before, I don't know how dev broke it or is it intended.

Did you just dimissed his evidence and go 'It's early access' route? lol

I play on beta branch and I can approve that the caravan and workshop change are not in it before they made it into stable version, even more the ridiculous weapon price(Harpoon, Jereed, Falx ,etc) are not fixed on stable version either despite it's a reported problem in beta branch.The price are fine before, I don't know how dev broke it or is it intended.
Are you seriously calling early access stable? And do you really think that the changes made in early access is permanent? Wow...

"What is Early Access?
Get immediate access to games that are being developed with the community's involvement. These are games that evolve as you play them, as you give feedback, and as the developers update and add content."

Are you seriously calling early access stable? And do you really think that the changes made in early access is permanent? Wow...
"What is Early Access?
Get immediate access to games that are being developed with the community's involvement. These are games that evolve as you play them, as you give feedback, and as the developers update and add content."

You still didn't reply his response.

From

Ugh...Then why do we need a beta branch?

"What is Early Access?

You are too fixated on the word/name "early access" "stable", and ignore the logic behind it.
The stable patch doesn't make it a complete/final game, it means the changes have been tested and relatively stable(less crash) to the beta branch.
Nobody ever said things made it into stable patch can't be change, but as we have a beta branch, those changes should be tested on it before going to stable patch.
Which is the purpose for having a beta branch; to uncover problems within new changes.

Last edited:
Perhaps they are trying to say ''Don't waste your companions for caravans while it is so easy to farm gold and extremely hard to farm renown''???
I have 7 million gold that i didn't use any caravans at all only workshops (Some of them still earn 700-900 gold which is pretty good) while my clan couldn't become T6 yet even if i keep forming parties so they would also earn renown!! After a point your gold keeps getting piled up, up and up like a mountain without any usage at all that i think they are trying to lower gold gain so you would always have a challenge to keep everything going such as even if you have cities etc in Warband you could still find yourself in a financial crisis which isn't true for Bannerlord at all due it is extremely easy to farm gold and which is why devs keep nerfing things but apparently it is making the game ''UnPlaYaBlE'' :censored:

So? Whats your point? It's still beta, the game is still in early access, there is no stable version of the game, nothing in this game is finished.
Whats your point you ask? Well I ask whats the point of having an alpha branch (upcoming), a beta branch and then another beta branch?

The easiest and possibly least destructive way to limit caravan profits would have been to limit everyone to 1 caravan. And even a change like that needs to be tested for a time on the beta branch, not snuck in at the last minute with no testing. It's obvious caravans drastically affect the entire game's economy and if they simply made the change on the beta branch instead of live it would have been uncovered before this mess.

Back
Top Bottom