Glad that beta version was tested before going live /sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread

Ah ****, I wish I could unread this. It makes me mad if that's really the intent of TW.

I was defending them from the angry nerds, but if in the end of everything they really make people pay 50 bucks for a game modders will need to complete... I'll definitely put a cross on their team. ****

Sounds like it really is headed just to be a reskinned Warband.
oh Stop it already will you. Thasts just a wild ass guess nothing more.
Taleworld has a Clear Roadmap and we will se were it goes. You guys have just no ****ing clue waht EA is.

and even more trying to get your recruits XP without getting killed. We NEED a Trainer skill again, and not the sorry excuse of a perk we have now.

I swear the devs are just coming up with changes and throwing them out there to see what happens without any real planning.

The Trainer skill is literally the first Skill you get in Leadership. All you need to do is to form an army for 5 and you hit 25 Leadships wich lets you use the Skill. OR you ajust your background, so you start with 25 Leadership from start.

Also stop the damn ****posting. i havent seen any bad Patchs, just because your little Caravans are not a save Investment anymore doesnt mean its wrong. the Caravans were OP as **** since they never got caught.

The Trainer skill is literally the first Skill you get in Leadership. All you need to do is to form an army for 5 and you hit 25 Leadships wich lets you use the Skill. OR you ajust your background, so you start with 25 Leadership from start.

Also stop the damn ****posting. i havent seen any bad Patchs, just because your little Caravans are not a save Investment anymore doesnt mean its wrong. the Caravans were OP as **** since they never got caught.
Someone's upset.

and that "Trainer" perk we have does not work the same way. In Warband you get multiple recruits at a time leveling up because of the way the skill worked (in other words, it was useful). Bannerlord's perk is terrible. This mod describes it best and fixes it https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/255, or used to before 1.1.0

"In native, Raise The Meek and Combat Tips will assign a stack of troops 30 and 15 xp respectively, regardless of how many troops are in the stack. Whether you have 1 peasant or 50, you'll still just get 30 or 15 xp for the whole group. This means Raise The Meek will always take 9 days to train a single tier 1 recruit into a tier 2, and it only gets worse from there."

Last edited:
The trainer skill also gives 30 xp per day if you choose the tiers 1-2-3 option... which means it takes 20 days to level one recruit. In 20 days I could elevate a stack of recruits into at least tier 3 or 4 by playing normally... at which point I get a grand total of 1 extra leveled up recruit. It's such meaningless XP gain you might as well ignore it completely.

Me before reading this thread: no fear
Me after reading: one fear

On a more serious note, despite the flood of patches, it's actually just been two weeks since release. So maybe it's a bit early to lose hope just yet. Even if things look a bit bleak atm.

On a more serious note, despite the flood of patches, it's actually just been two weeks since release. So maybe it's a bit early to lose hope just yet. Even if things look a bit bleak atm.
This forum was relatively cheerful besides a few overly excited folks as of a day ago, too, with the greatest debate being on whether Rhagaea should be married or executed. Just goes to show you the power that the devs hold, one patch and the entire community goes from being generally happy with the game to being bloodthirsty. Even Reddit's getting uppity and normally they're focused entirely on memes, not really talking about features or development.

This forum was relatively cheerful besides a few overly excited folks as of a day ago, too, with the greatest debate being on whether Rhagaea should be married or executed. Just goes to show you the power that the devs hold, one patch and the entire community goes from being generally happy with the game to being bloodthirsty. Even Reddit's getting uppity and normally they're focused entirely on memes, not really talking about features or development.
Frankly I don't know what they expect, though. So far, I haven't really seen them address anything (bugs and crashes aside) that I've seen people complain about and I check new all the time. It feels like most changes kinda go in a direction only the Devs know. I mean. At least I hope they know what they're trying to achieve exactly.

It's not that things look bleak, it's that they took a relatively well received beta build and snuck a game-changing nerf to caravans in right before it went live. A change that potentially drastic obviously needs a lot of testing and they did none at all, they just pushed it out there to see what it did. What's the point of the beta build when the live build is what's used for testing?

It makes it look like they have no plan. It makes it look like they're just experimenting with changes, with no idea what they'll do but screw it let's see.

Frankly I don't know what they expect, though. So far, I haven't really seen them address anything (bugs and crashes aside) that I've seen people complain about and I check new all the time. It feels like most changes kinda go in a direction only the Devs know. I mean. At least I hope they know what they're trying to achieve exactly.
100% agreed, I don't honestly really understand what they're trying to achieve. They give vague promises of "We're working towards balance" while nerfing the early-game to hell and actually buffing the late-game that I think literally every single person I've seen agrees is what actually causes the massive money snowball. Even those who think this wasn't an issue point to how easy it is to make money off of lords as the main issue, which brings us right back to the question of why did they care about caravans, a method to make moderate amounts of money in the early game but become useless late-game? There were several times that I literally disbanded caravans in the late-game because I cared more about having the companions to finish quests and increase relations than I cared about the income.

100% agreed, I don't honestly really understand what they're trying to achieve. They give vague promises of "We're working towards balance" while nerfing the early-game to hell and actually buffing the late-game that I think literally every single person I've seen agrees is what actually causes the massive money snowball. Even those who think this wasn't an issue point to how easy it is to make money off of lords as the main issue, which brings us right back to the question of why did they care about caravans, a method to make moderate amounts of money in the early game but become useless late-game? There were several times that I literally disbanded caravans in the late-game because I cared more about having the companions to finish quests and increase relations than I cared about the income.
Not to be mean but it starts to feel like "Hide late game issues by preventing late game"
Can't notice there's hardly late game content if you can't make it out of early game before the real patches start coming in.

Not to be mean but it starts to feel like "Hide late game issues by preventing late game"
Can't notice there's hardly late game content if you can't make it out of early game before the real patches start coming in.
If you want to dial up the cynicism to 11 it's "Throw a ton of grind at them while giving them just enough crumbs of entertainment to get them over that 2 hour refund mark, then we've got their money for good," but I'm definitely not at that point with Taleworlds.

One thing id like to add is that the caravan nerf really affects people who want to just go for a merchant style play through. For example i was not making huge amounts of money from battles, captured enemy towns & castles being awarded to me or any other sort of "lord/ruler" end game stuff.
For me most money came from caravans, workshops and personally buying & selling goods. So with the recent changes to caravans my play style has basically been neutered completely.
Now if this is all that this change amounts to it would not be that big of a deal, but still some what disappointing. The main thing that i worry about right now is that TW seems to be taking the game in a direction of "this is how you are supposed to play", where they are not supporting/rewarding non-conventional play styles (bandit leader, merchant, lone-wolf etc) and instead are quite heavily focusing on & rewarding the more "normal/mainstream" play style of raising an army almost from the start, then becoming a lord and eventually making your own kingdom etc.
This might be because they want to appeal more to the casual audience and this "normal" play style is the one that most new and casual players tend to go for. So eventually we get into this self-fulfilling/repeating loop where: TW "forces" the "normal" play style -> new/casual players like that style -> that part of the player base grows -> TW is incentivised again to push/support that style -> repeat on end.

One thing id like to add is that the caravan nerf really affects people who want to just go for a merchant style play through. For example i was not making huge amounts of money from battles, captured enemy towns & castles being awarded to me or any other sort of "lord/ruler" end game stuff.
For me most money came from caravans, workshops and personally buying & selling goods. So with the recent changes to caravans my play style has basically been neutered completely.
Now if this is all that this change amounts to it would not be that big of a deal, but still some what disappointing. The main thing that i worry about right now is that TW seems to be taking the game in a direction of "this is how you are supposed to play", where they are not supporting/rewarding non-conventional play styles (bandit leader, merchant, lone-wolf etc) and instead are quite heavily focusing on & rewarding the more "normal/mainstream" play style of raising an army almost from the start, then becoming a lord and eventually making your own kingdom etc.
This might be because they want to appeal more to the casual audience and this "normal" play style is the one that most new and casual players tend to go for. So eventually we get into this self-fulfilling/repeating loop where: TW "forces" the "normal" play style -> new/casual players like that style -> that part of the player base grows -> TW is incentivised again to push/support that style -> repeat on end.
This times ten. It's absolutely unfairly punishing players who don't want into the late game which has no content in the first place.

Let's breathe. I would expect TW to adjust the risk % and lower it with the next patch/hotfix. They surely did not mean to f**k up the whole economy system. It's EA, just give feedback on the forums and revert back to the 1.1.0 for the time being.

I would be also not so worried about what @mexxico said in the other thread - I understood it differently, as the way of explaining that TW have a lot of work to implement the already announced features, that they are not really looking into make the existing ones more complex at this stage. That is fine, I guess.

On the topic of caravans - I was also of the opinion they should be high reward/high risk kind of thing. That said, I think that the balance with the caravans should be more geared towards early game rather than the mid-late game. The goal should always be to create more options for the player, not imposing limitations. Then multiple ways of playing are all valid - if you wanna create a trade empire, the game does not punish you for doing so.

In the end - we all be getting many features from the modders. The only thing that worries me is that some of those features might be hardcoded and the biggest concern I have atm is with the AI - both battle and campaign AI seems to have some serious issues.

That is actually a very good point. I also remember that the TW was also stating that their goal is to provide different campaign experiene for different kind of playthroughs, like warlord/merchant/underworld kingpin. Hope it's just a bump on the way with the caravans, not the direction they are going forward with.

They surely did not mean to f**k up the whole economy system. It's EA, just give feedback on the forums and revert back to the 1.1.0 for the time being.

You see, the matter is they totally did. What normal developer does in those circumstances:
- Let's tone it down a bit, probably -25% to max troop limit, 15% more wages for caravan guards, limit caravan number 1 per 2 clan levels (rounded up). If the matter is still not resolved, we can always nerf it a bit in the next patch. It's EA after all and we still have plenty of time. Our good friend John here should playtest the changes before we go for stable branch update, for sure. Oh, and write down the whole thing in patch notes. We don't want our players to be confused.

What TW does:
- Bring me the nerf hammer! Not that toy, I want a real hammer! THE BIGGEST ONE I SAID!!! CUT TROOPS BY 70%!!! MAKE SURE EVERY BANDIT AROUND THE GLOBE IS SET TO HUNTING DOWN CARAVANS! WHO NEEDS QA WHEN YOU HAVE OVER A MILLION SLAVES WHO GAVE US THEIR MONEY TO TEST OUR GAME? PUSH THE PATCH ASAP AND DON'T BOTHER WITH PATCH NOTES, THEY'LL FIGURE OUT SOMETHING SOONER OR LATER.

Welcome to early access, my friend!
Bull!
EA is for minor glitches that can be found only by mass testing, these are main mechanics being flawed or entirely broken.
The game was not tested enough as a whole and the same it is happening with the patches apparently.

Everybody had the infamous "snowball effect" for example...haven't they plaid their game for more then 20 minutes??? It's just as an example, but I could go on and on and on and on.....

Bull!
EA is for minor glitches that can be found only by mass testing, these are main mechanics being flawed or entirely broken.
The game was not tested enough as a whole and the same it is happening with the patches apparently.

Everybody had the infamous "snowball effect" for example...haven't they plaid their game for more then 20 minutes??? It's just as an example, but I could go on and on and on and on.....

No early access is a preorder with a playable beta as bonus. I dont think i have ever seen a "complete" early access release all of them are buggy and miss key advertised features.

EA in my Opinion can't be the excuse for a bad base of a game (basic mechanics missing, ram usage, logic flaws like barter with nothing and get skills, nearly no skills working.)

Also are modders no developers and shouldn't be the main personal which make the play playable.

EA in my Opinion can't be the excuse for a bad base of a game (basic mechanics missing, ram usage, logic flaws like barter with nothing and get skills, nearly no skills working.)

Also are modders no developers and shouldn't be the main personal which make the play playable.
They quite clearly said you shouldn't buy EA if you want the complete game. That's pretty much excuse enough for everything.

Back
Top Bottom