• Both Recruiting Rules and ComBat Speed

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Nothing

Votes: 36 50.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"No recruiting policy" is standard rule on any good server,so why are you picking on GK is beyond me.
"But they must help community grow"- some say.
Why exactly?
Why should they care about it when most of NA community has been acting like total jerks towards GK in past.Not including Balions,wK,HB(to my knowledge) and DoF ofc.
Shall I remind people how many times I have seen GK members being harassed on POM(when i was still playing there)?
Or how GK members were basically forced to leave multi clan battle Kohath and me organized last year.Only because there were some guys who found it funny to trash GKs when they joined ts.
This is all my opinion btw of why shouldn't they care about community.

So no,imo keep the policy and you dear new NA clans either learn to play with high ping and join EU clans or do better job recruiting people.

Erminas said:
"No recruiting policy" is standard rule on any good server,so why are you picking on GK is beyond me.
"But they must help community grow"- some say.
Why exactly?
Why should they care about it when most of NA community has been acting like total jerks towards GK in past.Not including Balions,wK,HB(to my knowledge) and DoF ofc.
Shall I remind people how many times I have seen GK members being harassed on POM(when i was still playing there)?
Or how GK members were basically forced to leave multi clan battle Kohath and me organized last year.Only because there were some guys who found it funny to trash GKs when they joined ts.
This is all my opinion btw.

So no,imo keep the policy and you dear new NA clans either learn to play with high ping and join EU clans or do better job recruiting people.

Erminas for one I have only talked to you like three times and you are one of the biggest assholes in DoF. And for one you speak of the clans that are dieting away not those that are new. Why should they help because they its their community too. And for one again you take the action of others and apply it to us all. And for one you are a reason why people think of is that way. Also I well enough know that ain't like the old clans. I know that PoN doesn't talk **** (outside of scrims) other wise I rip them a new one. The only times I remember there was **** talking that I didn't get on my members on or myself on was when I was really possed off and I took it out on POM But you know what i was cussing out a guy on POM and **** got real but you know what I knew the guy and the next day I apologize to him and i am glad to say that we actually talk it though and he is now a proud member of PoN. And I know that Akaria leader Dante is the same way and you too because he has actually posted threads regarding his clan behavior and how he watches over it. And the harassing on POM as I stated on prevouis posts PoN has been though it all and when I see picking on other clan because there not as good as others or there players are "****" I hop on the ass hole doing it and tell them to **** off and get lost. And KOA is a old can and they have always help PoN and other clans that I am aware off. The new clans nor the community should not be responsible or punished for the acts of the old clans. And btw there is a fine line between friendly messing around and harassing.

valent69 said:
OurGloriousLeader said:
Fastest is why most Americans are bad.

Of all the reasons why most Americans are bad... that isn't even one of them.

It kind of is tho, US inf is fantastically reliant on spam. That's not to say quick hits isn't common in EU, but there's a difference between applying pressure and it literally being all you can do. Ofc there are some stand out players, but talking about the overall scene....I mostly just see people running up, hitting and hoping, and group fights are like fighting bots, 5 people holding W and left clicking.

In general Warband is quite a punishing game, animations are quite quick, damage is high, and health is low. We've all lost a fight to that random noob who is back-pedalling and spamming (aka Scar). Increasing the speed just emphasises that aspect more, when a quick hit wins you the fight early, you don't have to learn any more tricks.

OurGloriousLeader said:
valent69 said:
OurGloriousLeader said:

It kind of is tho, US inf is fantastically reliant on spam. That's not to say quick hits isn't common in EU, but there's a difference between applying pressure and it literally being all you can do. Ofc there are some stand out players, but talking about the overall scene....I mostly just see people running up, hitting and hoping, and group fights are like fighting bots, 5 people holding W and left clicking.

In general Warband is quite a punishing game, animations are quite quick, damage is high, and health is low. We've all lost a fight to that random noob who is back-pedalling and spamming (aka Scar). Increasing the speed just emphasises that aspect more, when a quick hit wins you the fight early, you don't have to learn any more tricks.

Although the spamming is true a lot of people use it but that's what makes it not matter anyways. It is easy to get out and avoid spamming now and they is because people do it so much it's called adopting and yes there are other tricks and maybe not as much as there is in the Fancy EU but out tricks don't need to be fancy or complex its what works. Also I see more people using holds and feints more then I do see people spamming. Also fastest builds for better reflexes and reactions to attacks.

Also if we need fancy tricks we can just get the, from you

Is the NA scene comparable to the EU scene at all ? i dont think so, cuz NA community is much smaller then EU.. i have the feeling that there are even more german clans then NA clans :smile:

btt : Why the **** are you arguing about the GK server just put one up yourself, and you will have a server where u can do as you wish nobody is forcing u to play there

GK has been propping up the NA community for years. It's the ONLY server a casual can have some fun on. Not counting the single deathmatch server that gets traffic once GK fills. If anything, you need to look at this effort as "GK could make a few changes to help the competitive community grow." You're delusional if you think that anything GK does, other than give admin to a few a nobs, is hurting the community as a whole.

OurGloriousLeader said:
valent69 said:
OurGloriousLeader said:

I mean... look at the scene you are talking about... it's pretty much a dead one now, at least talking about high quality play. Yes, the population and general skill level in NA has gone down over the years, and quite significantly. In it's current state, NA has like what? 3 clans you can semi call top anymore.  TMW whose members hardly even play warband anymore except for scrims, preparing to take on SMITE competitively (or so I hear), Balion/HB that also hardly ever play except for their weekly tournament scrim. And then wK that is probably the slightly more active of the bunch, playing mostly late at night when most of the west coasters get back from work. But even then, there isn't a whole lot of competition in pubs because no one plays much anymore, or there's no one to scrim against so late. We just end up punching each-other to death on POM, not much practice or improvement going on anymore.

But let's just assume that NA was at a high level of skill again... the population difference would still be massive. Just look at this difference in the amount of competitive players between UNAC and WNL

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10cwode4QgAd1-CzwdWtmHwt4vq_bbOsHpOrcdq-j7lg/edit#gid=724033693  UNAC

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_Np8obPsWaNNu3i-D9pZE679Zmt8kekWYoFHTn3ibOA/edit#gid=0  WNL

Even if NA was at a high peak of skill... the statement "EU still has a larger quantity of skilled infantry compared to NA" would still be true, it's practically impossible for it not to be the case.  It would make more sense to compare skilled players from NA and EU proportionally to their populations. Then maybe the numbers would be much closer. Just like EU has a larger quantity of good players... it also has a larger quantity of bad players. It pretty much evens out... or at least at one point it might have. Probably not so much today. The essence of competition has died down a lot in NA, but I believe it is still fairly strong in EU with so many clans. (Though I guess I could be wrong?)

In terms of general infantry skill... yea...  I would have to give EU the prize over NA, but it's not really that big of a surprise. Infantry is the class that can be played in the largest variety of ways. There are many different styles and techniques that infantry can use. When you have such a massive population (compared to NA) that gives you so much more room for the emergence of different techniques and styles for everyone's unique melee patterns. Because of that, the average EU inf is exposed to many more styles of fighting and attack sequences that can be used effectively against other people. That just increases the average EU inf's arsenal of attacks and methods to defend against it.

Archery isn't really affected in the same way. Shooting is pretty straight forward. The differences I have noticed however is that since NA players have always tended to play on very large maps, NA archers are much better at shooting at very long distances compared to EU archers, fairly even at decent mid range, but I think EU's end up in many more situation where you clash in close quarters due to your generally smaller and more cramped up maps than NA. So EU archers tend to be more accurate at short ranges.

Cav though, this is where I actually think NA may have had an advantage over EU at one point in time. Because NA has always tended to play on larger maps, large quantities of cav have been used, so naturally, it would make sense that NA cav would be much more adept at open map cav v cav skills, more specifically lancing. NA has also had it's share of tremendously good bump cav, such as Scott Ray, Gelden, Hero, Vanidar etc. At one point, I would even say that Cal was pretty much invincible as a cav on an open map... quite literally. I can't remember a single time he made a mistake or got out-lanced when I had first joined wK. But that has changed though. He doesn't play as much as he used to and he does make quite a few mistakes now, and most cav outside of wK have pretty much left entirely. NA also had a large lineup of Wappaw cav that commanded the cav lineups for a while. Though I guess I could be entirely wrong about NA being superior cav than EU? I don't think I have seen too much of EU cav, but I just find it hard to believe they could be better than these guys in their prime, but I guess it's still in the realm of possibility.

Firunien said:
btt : Why the **** are you arguing about the GK server just put one up yourself, and you will have a server where u can do as you wish nobody is forcing u to play there
Basically this. They pay real money to host their server and they put a lot of work into administrating it without getting anything in return. If you really feel that strongly you basically have 2 courses of action:
1) Suggest a rule change (nicely, without blaming them for "destroying the community"). Maybe even petition?. And it's then up to them to do the change if they feel like it.
2)Set up your own (better?) server with real life money. If your server is a lot better and well advertised then people will start to transfer over. (this is probably impossible).

Yeah obviously the larger EU scene impacts the players, there's more competition and more people experimenting, so you end up learning more. I've mentioned this before about NA, the small population is really what's killing it. But I definitely think the decision to go with fastest has a negative effect too.

You're probably right about archers being better shots on open maps in NA, but they definitely have worse awareness too which I find weird. Maybe because on open maps you can see most of the enemy most of the time.

Cav wise, NA probably has better overall, as in each clan has some top cav unlike EU, but the best cav are EU still for me - Sikici dominates in NA with 100 ping still. But any time I die in NA I blame it on ping which maybe isn't fair.

OurGloriousLeader said:
You're probably right about archers being better shots on open maps in NA, but they definitely have worse awareness too which I find weird. Maybe because on open maps you can see most of the enemy most of the time.

Ah right right, forgot to mention that. Many lack good awareness and sometimes even decent melee skills.

Ok first why did this turn into a conversation of the skill level of NA. Second as stated before starting up a server is pretty much pointless i have 3 servers and i have tried and tried and tried to populate them but get no where and thats because everyone goes straight to GK because itd is natural.to be honest i could fill the server list with 10 servers for each game mode on here and nw and have guys to populate them each day with clans and other people and and still not populate them or get a flow of puns coming in at least like 10 daily. Thats how hard it is. Also lets say gk isnt harming the community. But that doesnt mean they are helping it grow either. Uf anything they are stalling the complete death of NA. Also i would like to state once again that the goal is to show what people think and want within GK rather they decide to change or not. The post sounded negative acourse i had to state my postition. I will admit this though i would say the only thing actually "bashing" GK is the title. This is not a thread ment to bash GK but a thread to post my causr and try to better the NA community and actually gather everyone elses opinion as well. So yeah those acting like this is just a thread bashing GK. Go do something

Also just state the medium speed change i dont care much for i just put it in because jt was another thing that people bring up so i added it. Truly changing the recruitment rule is the only thing i want. And it doesnt have to be free recruiting bell they can do it NW style and do 1recruitment message per map or like per every two maps. I would like it change. And jf they would no one knows that people will even join but alot of them dont even know clans exist on native. And when they see clans on gk servers they think that were from pw or full invasion. Just actually recruiting would at least let people k ow there are clans and motovate them to join the competitive scene.

It can be about skill if one of the the key arguements in OP is you saying people who play on fastest (the players who are on POM, you know, the competitive players) have an advantage on medium speed. If anything is holding back the NA community, it's POM.

I've had the idea before, but after a bit thinking I came to the conclusion that if you want to make a successful server or group of them, you need to start with duel and DM. They're wide open for someone to make a bit of effort into building up another branch on the community, I had great success myself when I had the Dueling Hut open. It was rather brainless to just get the best mod, hype it up on the forums, and get my buddies to play. I sponsored a duel tourny, and I reached over 20 players a day. Seems like a lot of effort on paper but it really wasn't. Had the provider not shut down, the Hut would still be up and running off the donations I received. Shame life got in the way of me ever trying to do it again. Maybe some day...

If people are serious about wanting changes on GK servers they need to post it on our forums, it's as simple as that. I'll even provide a link to speed you on your way. http://www.leagueofrevolution.com/index.php

As to admins and mainly aimed at ummmidk and Nero regarding their "11 year old" comments. You obviously know very little about GK or you would know that our minimum age requirement is 16.

Also, if you have trouble registering on the forums, PM myself, Wolflo, or Sento.

My opinion on the GK servers is that I could give little to no ****s to what their combat speed is I play on GK siege maybe once a month if no one is on POM in the early mornings or I'm sick and everyone is pursuing their life so they aren't on Warband. I do agree though that the recruiting thing might want to be a little lax. I propose recruiting on GK servers and I say this for a couple reasons

1. According to a member of GK that was said a few months back on GK TDM while he was recruiting someone, (I forget who the recruit and the recruiter was), GK had 100+ members. I bring this up because I can't seem to find a list of GK members anywhere on the TW forums, this might be because I'm too lazy to search in depth but I am going to trust a GK member to be honest with their clan's information. If you guys really have 100+ members you really do not need any recruiting, there are many capable GK players and GK servers where you can teach some of your players and have absolutely no difficulty with forming a team or even multiple teams as I know GK had done in the past. If GK does not really have 100+ active members as what was stated by a GK member then that is unfortunate honesty should always be included when recruiting new players.

2. The community is dying, it is true I have been trying to give support to other clans and make the community a little more closeknit through several ways, I do not believe any have been a major success.

3.  Every player should have the chance to experience competitive play on Warband. I say this because the competitive side of Warband is so much different from the non competitive side. I know there a certain members within the community that have tried clans and competitive play and found it boring and not to their liking which is reasonable, not everyone can be expected to enjoy something but this is only a small fraction of players, and there are so many more players that may not have the chance to play competitively should recruiting stay closed on GK servers.

4. I rarely even see GK recruiting players on their servers anyway, infact I have seen it once in the event stated in reason one. Now I'm sure that most players probably go to the GK forums and apply because I know GK has a decent amount of people and if the recruiting habits are only to what I have seen I highly doubt that you guys actually go out and make it a goal to recruit players.

These are the only reasons I care to share publicly, I have others but if I even choose to pursue this even further I would tell Chainsaw or Sparhawk directly. If GK does choose to change the rules though to allow recruiting make it no mass recruiting, this being maybe 2 or 3 players within a day because recruiting any more would cause:

1. watered down clans
2. annoyance to GKs
3. annoyance to anyone that would be around the recruiting

Personally it sickens me to see recruiting of a clan that already has their fair share of players. Seeing recruiting just annoys me for really no good reason, a clan must do what they have to do to stay around. Unfortunately right now clans are somewhat forced to recruit since not many clans have the fame or numbers to have people come to them. The clans that do have that kind of fame are very closed in their recruiting or are leaving Warband until Bannerlord. I hope my reasons are considered. I of course will not force GK to do anything but opening recruitment to their servers would help the community tremendously I feel should a clan step up and take the offer.

Also Winne I do have high respects for you  to have stayed around even after many others gave PoN crap. All clans within the community deserve a chance to get somewhere and with the way things are going it seems that most new clans will and the old clans will either hold on or disappear. One thing with your post though is that you cannot demand and force the GK to do anything. I simply just recommend they change something I'm not going to start a whole thread about it. I think this is something you might have wanted to keep a little more private, but if you want it done this way it is totally up to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom