"Give it some time, it's early access!!!" - The Meme.

Users who are viewing this thread

>Eagerly waiting for release
>8 years
>Game launches, 40 denars
>buy it
>launch it
>it crashes
>infinite loading screens
>lack of content
>Broken party speeds, no accompany option, few quests, some broken
>disappointment
>express worries about it on the forums

>"fans" doing the 4D Chess Galaxy brain move:
Bannerlordsad.png

How many patches do they need in order to bring IT to a playable state? Lol... I didn't think everything would be so terrible
Perhaps the best solution would be to make the game a couple of years, instead of releasing this stub. I'm damn angry! Where are the patches that fix bugs? Waste of money

This is that its 8 years dev time and still early access and its still broken as ****. Crashes are different for some people, but even I with a lot fewer crashes than others, find it pretty annoying how a lot of stuff is lacking or outright not working as intended, not even basic QoL that was in warband like accompanying or changing your character are implemented.

"Positive reviews on steam, therefore good"

I think you forgot to read them and see that those who are in depth about the game and not meme reviews show the problems
Sorry but steam is quite merciless when it comes to reviews. I see all the time what I would consider really good games having mixed/negative reviews. Those games are basically killed in the first week of release because less people buy them when they see the negative rating.
Luckily bannerlord is enjoying a fair ammount of first day success, so it can continue strong.

Sorry but steam is quite merciless when it comes to reviews. I see all the time what I would consider really good games having mixed/negative reviews. Those games are basically killed in the first week of release because less people buy them when they see the negative rating.
Luckily bannerlord is enjoying a fair ammount of first day success, so it can continue strong.
I suppose you are partially right, but since Bannerlord was very anticipated, it's not something that could get it "killed".
Also,what you are saying only applies to small games with few people, true, but the chance of it happening here are minuscule.
Also, the review rates dropped from 92% or so to 83%. I hope it wouldn't drop more but a ton of people are suffering from crash issues from what I have seen. They should normally fix these as a priority. Hope they do.

I see alot of people like to point out that the game was in production for 8 years. If I remember correctly,
they started making Bannerlord early on, but on a old engine. After a while they found out that they couldn't achieve what they wanted to do with the old engine. So they scrapped what they had done and made a completly new engine, which they built bannerlord on.
All in all, they made more then just a game, and the "wasted time" was because of a old engine with loads of limitations, having to make a new one.

Well, rumour has it Taleworlds rebuilt their entire engine from scratch, after a couple of years into development. Which would mean essentially numerous years was "wasted", and only after the new engine was ready, could they start actually developing the game. This would explain the 8 years, and would also mean the game as we have it today did not receive 8 years of development, but perhaps somewhere around 3-4 maybe?

I don't know anything for a fact, but it's what I've heard.

i need help the game keeps freezing and crashing computer full of all the recommended parameters ... it happens in the last hours of playing regularly ... I was really looking forward to bannerlord and it annoys me quite a bit now I probably must wait on update?

early acces means we're part of the bug generation, report everybug, and by the time they go beta we the early acces nerds will have hopefully helped them fix the game.

i need help the game keeps freezing and crashing computer full of all the recommended parameters ... it happens in the last hours of playing regularly ... I was really looking forward to bannerlord and it annoys me quite a bit now I probably must wait on update?

Yes, you must wait on an update. Pardon me for chanelling the above meme, but it is early access, things will be broken or not working, we have to put up with it, but through this the game will be much better at the end.

Yes, you must wait on an update. Pardon me for chanelling the above meme, but it is early access, things will be broken or not working, we have to put up with it, but through this the game will be much better at the end.
Even the matchmaking doesn't work right now, tried to play with friends a few minutes ago on captain mode...

It's much easier for the devs to find bugs and fix them if they have an entire playerbase reporting them. Give it a few weeks, maybe a month, and most of the huge issues will be sorted.

I know it's eight years, it's FOREVER in terms of a game. But I'd rather play now, report issues and deal with the unpolished parts so that the full finished product comes out better and sooner.

Back
Top Bottom