General Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Guys, why does my 1.54 game look like this???
Actually, usually that indicates a memory issue.  If you're running the mod with < 2 GB RAM, you'll have to run it in minimal texture size mode or switch to DX7 or turn on the load-textures-on-demand feature.

It'd be handy to know what chipset you're running and see the RGL_log.txt file (copy-paste it into pastebin or something). 

It's possible it's a shader bug, but it looks like it's pretty much forcing the game back to minimal specs there.  Most chipsets have been OK, but if you're running on really ancient hardware, you'll need to play the mod in DX7 mode.

I played this mod on the same pc as now on DX9 minimal specs, and it ran fine... Even with just 1 gb od ram, now i have 2 gb od ddr2 ram
and it looks like this... I ran the game on DX7 and its OK now, i got used to it so theres no problem with playing the game that way, i just wish itn could be playable on dx9 for me.....
I have to thank you for your quick reply.

Wish I could fit it into the 1-GB space, but about the only way to do that would be to strip all the mipmaps out of the textures, which would run so poorly on machines of that era that it's not worth bothering with.  Just the price of having all the kewl loot, unfortunately :smile:

Actually, this was my first MaB W mod ever about 1-2 yrs ago. I really loved how it was full of action and so cool, that was the time it ran on only 1 GB DDR2 RAM on DX7 with about 300 soldiers on battlefield :grin:... Now its even better but the system specs quite increased.
BUT dont worry, i already wasted 3-4 hours into it today playing on DX7 Mommy as condotierre and im having a blast :grin: I think ill post some screenies.

Wow!
i played the mod some 2 years or so ago and am happy to see its still in developement!
anyway, powergrinded to lvl 43 in the last 3 days, on 'mommy'(played as barb, so i got all the skills to become uber-man; will try a commander next)

what about the
PERFORMANCE!!! omfg!!! you are the best... been playing mb games since the start, and always had performance issues... not so in blood and steel!!! i tried various other mods...if not all and(even in vanilla and in floris) the game becomes
unplayable for me, even on 800*600, lowest graphics settings, if the battlesize is to high, or in a siege-map, or it even crashes in between charges...NOT SO IN BLOOD AND STEEL!!! amazing!! i play on dx9! with hd-rendering, pixel-shaders and even high texture-res :smile:))) i always knew my pc *could* do it!! teriffic! amazing!
I LOVE YOU  :wink:

i remember in that older version i played, there were those artifacts you could get that would give you special skills, like the life reg, not the global yes/no option. and i remember the 'death` and its avoidance via some mask and stuff....liked that...
...and were there not abilities the player could use like warcry, running and whatnot by pressing the corresponding button...
and a counter for how many enemies you killed...
well, that was cool too...
maybe my memory is not working correctly and it was another mod altogether :grin:

maps are great! and the idea of a more accurate warfare is nice too.
now i have to really plan my battle or at least keep an overview in the field instead of just charging with many horses....

great job! keep it up!
GREAT JOB!!

i remember in that older version i played, there were those artifacts you could get that would give you special skills, like the life reg, not the global yes/no option. and i remember the 'death` and its avoidance via some mask and stuff....liked that...
...and were there not abilities the player could use like warcry, running and whatnot by pressing the corresponding button...
maybe my memory is not working correctly and it was another mod altogether :grin:
Definitely another mod  :lol:

lol well its still not bad :wink:
i guess it would be still one of the best mods with only the performance and without all the other fancy stuff^^

xenoargh said:
Definitely another mod  :lol:
It's probably Expanded Gameplay

So I download the mod, spawn in the Kingdom of the Veagirs and of course head straight to the city of light and I can't seem to do anything. What's going on?  :???:

hi,

after a long wait i playid M+B Warband again and tried the new version ov Blood and Steel.
one thing is bothering me....i started a new game, did choose medium difficulty and after the "sure" question i changed to "mommy"...

at gamestart i made the merchant quest and i was able to kill all the bandits in the hideout with 1-hit kills.
later in the quest i saved saragoth from the thieft.....there where about 40 or 50 of them, i first paniced but well...i killed them all.
first free fight in the open was against 45 looters and again, i killed them all.
i went to the first village to recruit some peasants and directly got 5 valkyres (or something like that).

my question is: did i choose something wrong?! i don't think it is supposed to be that easy.

Greetings
Blairmhor

The start is always REALLY easy, that's why you should try to do as much as you can to get a ton of cash and exp early game, because damn. It gets hard later in the game.

And here I've been wondering why the sandni.. sarranids aren't taking any towns or castles, ever. Or why they aren't losing any.

Desert Bandits are nasty. Almost all of the saranid desert is looking like this

1024x819.resizedimage

Back
Top Bottom