• The forum has been updated. For an explanation of some of the changes, head over here.

General Discussion Thread

Currently viewing this thread:

Zatama

Recruit
Is it just me or is there something bugged with the "Order your troops to attack without you" Option? I was waging war on Swadia with the entirety of the Nord host at my back so we outnumbered them by a few thousand. I however didn't feel like participating in these battle since I knew the outcome, but when i used the option to send my troops in without me we lost almost 2000 men to their 300.

Playing on Mommy difficulty, if this helps.
 

Hallegra

Regular
DragonboyWonder said:
damn it why doesnt it work  :sad:

Dragon, you should probably post in bug reports with a few more details...

Zatama said:
Is it just me or is there something bugged with the "Order your troops to attack without you" Option? I was waging war on Swadia with the entirety of the Nord host at my back so we outnumbered them by a few thousand. I however didn't feel like participating in these battle since I knew the outcome, but when i used the option to send my troops in without me we lost almost 2000 men to their 300.

Playing on Mommy difficulty, if this helps.

What can I say, Swadians4lyfe. But there are bugs with the auto-battle option, I'd be careful with that.
 

LordBravey

Recruit
So I'm not seeing the strategy in this mod. Or the difficulty, really. I like it, don't get me wrong, I really do. It's extremely fun. Certainly having more fun than the official gun expansion.

But I'm not seeing the strategy. The only thing I do is get shooters, then stand around as they murder EVERYTHING. The only strategy I've done, really, is kite a band of 500 dark army dudes into a warband of 4000+ of some faction, then join the battle. Suddenly I'm set for cash for a long time. Long enough to build enough enterprises to fund whatever crazy army I make.

Speaking of armies, I haven't really touched national soldiers. I just use mercenaries, which get the job done just fine. Blades irk me though, they tend to rocket all around the place even when told to hold. They move unusually fast and just zip everywhere.

Alephs I don't like. The explosions don't seem to be as destructive as I feel they should be, and frankly with the arrows that explode from their rounds, they're almost as big a danger to their own soldiers. Hell, all the explosions seem subpar to me, so I tend to avoid them. I even spent a while lobbing grenades into a pile of men at a siege, to little effect. Actually hurt myself more, and I wasn't even that close.

Has this mod been abandoned?
 

Hallegra

Regular
@LordBravey

First question is whether or not you're playing on Mommy, because anything under that difficulty just isn't challenging. Second question is what your difficulty settings are at, because while I prefer to have my allies not die instantly, they really do affect the game. Playing on 100% difficulty and Mommy is hard as balls.

As for mercenaries, they're generally more expensive, but better, than national soldiers. However, this doesn't apply to some soldiers like the assassins or higher-level troops.

Ranged units are good en-masse, but if you go up against an enemy heavy-cavalry charge your ranged will count for rather little, IE lategame armies.

To make the game more realistic, I suggest using battle-sizer and upping the size to at least 400 for more tactical fights, and if you're having this much ease killing enemy troops than you might want to tweak your difficulty a little...

Alephs have a lot of debate around them. Personally, I don't like them, but there's not very many so I don't have to deal with them as much.

As for the mod being abandoned, Xenoargh is still around, but he doesn't talk much. However, you can rest assured he IS working on the mod. I like to think he's working on the necro class.
 

zoo

Knight at Arms
WBNWVC
This mod is great! Went as brigand, raided first village I saw. They tried to resist but we gunned them down. Then I went to nearby city to sell and I got a nice new set of gear! Let's see what happens next :p
 
LordBravey said:
So I'm not seeing the strategy in this mod. Or the difficulty, really. I like it, don't get me wrong, I really do. It's extremely fun. Certainly having more fun than the official gun expansion.

But I'm not seeing the strategy. The only thing I do is get shooters, then stand around as they murder EVERYTHING. The only strategy I've done, really, is kite a band of 500 dark army dudes into a warband of 4000+ of some faction, then join the battle. Suddenly I'm set for cash for a long time. Long enough to build enough enterprises to fund whatever crazy army I make.

Speaking of armies, I haven't really touched national soldiers. I just use mercenaries, which get the job done just fine. Blades irk me though, they tend to rocket all around the place even when told to hold. They move unusually fast and just zip everywhere.

Alephs I don't like. The explosions don't seem to be as destructive as I feel they should be, and frankly with the arrows that explode from their rounds, they're almost as big a danger to their own soldiers. Hell, all the explosions seem subpar to me, so I tend to avoid them. I even spent a while lobbing grenades into a pile of men at a siege, to little effect. Actually hurt myself more, and I wasn't even that close.

Has this mod been abandoned?

If the mod isn't difficult for you, you're either not on Mommy mode or you've got Warband difficulty settings (troop damage, damage you take, etc) set to low. Set those to full damage, attack a Nord lord, and then come back and say the game is easy.
It's not just Blades(Elite) that are fast. It's the Athletic skill that makes troops fast. Afrizaan (sp?) mercenaries (the Sarranid national troop, not an actual mercenary) are super fast, too. Almost all of the Nordic faction troops are immensely fast as well. If you don't like the physical speed of some of the faster troops, and you've got time on your hands, you can use Morgh's editor to remove Athleticism from the troops you feel are too fast.
As far as I know, troops are incapable of friendly fire. I've yet to take damage from my own Aleph's attack, or my grenadier soldier's grenades. I've killed dozens of my troops with poorly aimed siege handcannon shots, though.


Hallegra said:
@LordBravey

First question is whether or not you're playing on Mommy, because anything under that difficulty just isn't challenging. Second question is what your difficulty settings are at, because while I prefer to have my allies not die instantly, they really do affect the game. Playing on 100% difficulty and Mommy is hard as balls.

As for mercenaries, they're generally more expensive, but better, than national soldiers. However, this doesn't apply to some soldiers like the assassins or higher-level troops.

Ranged units are good en-masse, but if you go up against an enemy heavy-cavalry charge your ranged will count for rather little, IE lategame armies.

To make the game more realistic, I suggest using battle-sizer and upping the size to at least 400 for more tactical fights, and if you're having this much ease killing enemy troops than you might want to tweak your difficulty a little...

Alephs have a lot of debate around them. Personally, I don't like them, but there's not very many so I don't have to deal with them as much.

As for the mod being abandoned, Xenoargh is still around, but he doesn't talk much. However, you can rest assured he IS working on the mod. I like to think he's working on the necro class.

You can use Morgh's mount and blade edit tool to change the Aleph's damage to 1, if you wanted to. Just a recommendation if you really don't like them.
I personally do like them, because fighting a 4000+ Lord army is scary when they have 4 Alephs annihilating my troops. Helps make Lord armies scary... or at least, until you kill the Aleph...
 

MelanieWard

Squire
It's not hard to alter the Aleph to slow the rate of fire of the cannon (which is why it seems overpowered).  I changed Alephs into summoned sorceresses.

The first file replaces trp_aleph in the Troops file.  The second replaces itm_aleph_cannon and the third replaces itm_bride_dress, both in the Items file.


trp_aleph Sorceress_(summoned) Sorceresses_(summoned) 0 351274241 0 0 3 0 0
  1380 0 1292 0 1389 0 1391 0 639 0 200 0 1099 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0
  100 10 15 15 70
0 300 0 0 400 0 0
0 0 0 48 655360 0
  98305 5430230826997344466 1943348 0 20385280007 4224747917303949972 2025699 0

itm_aleph_cannon Hellfire Hellfire 1  xeno_bullet 0  71368713 483452715008 12000 0 63.000000 100 0 0 105 0 0 70 110 0 1 356 0
0
1
-51.000000  63 2071 1 72057594037927940 700 2 63 1 1710 2 61 72057594037927940 722 3 61 100 0 721 3 61 50 0 720 3 61 10 0 718 2 61 63 1969 3 1008806316530991136 61 45 1969 3 1008806316530991138 61 45 600 1 1152921504606847107 1700 1 1224979098644774912 4 0 2147483679 2 1224979098644774912 72057594037927940 2082 2 72057594037927941 72057594037927940 2147483679 2 72057594037927941 72057594037927940 1702 1 72057594037927941 1712 1 72057594037927941 1710 2 62 72057594037927941 2136 3 1224979098644774913 -1000 1000 720 3 62 1224979098644774913 0 2136 3 1224979098644774914 -1000 1000 721 3 62 1224979098644774914 0 2136 3 1224979098644774915 -1000 1000 722 3 62 1224979098644774915 0 793 2 1224979098644774916 62 4 0 2147483678 2 1224979098644774916 0 791 1 62 722 2 62 200 3 0 599 2 1152921504606847104 62 6 3 1224979098644774917 1 34 700 2 3 62 2136 3 1224979098644774913 -500 500 720 3 3 1224979098644774913 0 2136 3 1224979098644774914 -500 500 721 3 3 1224979098644774914 0 2136 3 1224979098644774915 -500 500 722 3 3 1224979098644774915 0 793 2 1224979098644774916 3 4 0 2147483678 2 1224979098644774916 0 791 1 3 722 2 3 200 3 0 6 3 1224979098644774917 1 20 2136 3 1224979098644774918 1 361 723 2 3 1224979098644774918 2136 3 1224979098644774919 1 361 724 2 3 1224979098644774919 2136 3 1224979098644774920 1 361 725 2 3 1224979098644774920 2136 3 1224979098644774921 1500 2500 1829 7 72057594037927940 3 1224979098644774921 288230376151713114 0 288230376151713033 0 3 0 1969 3 1008806316530991141 3 200 1969 3 1008806316530991139 3 35 1969 3 1008806316530991140 3 35 3 0 5 0 700 2 2 61 1829 7 72057594037927940 2 11000 288230376151713112 0 288230376151713038 0 3 0

itm_bride_dress Sorceress_Dress Sorceress_Dress 1  bride_dress 0  553648141 0 500 0 3.000000 100 150 250 230 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0
0
 

xzavian

Regular
I decided to try this mod and stared on normal and I wonder if something is wrong.
I bought the aleph but it never shows up in battles or sieges.
As a general question how do I recruit lords when I become King? I conquered the nords by myself, where did all the landless lords of the nords go? I wanted to recruit them as vassals...

edit: having fun as a barbarian on mommy now.
 

Duck Hunter

Recruit
I love this mod, but is it abandoned? I wish something was done about the dark army. It always takes Durquba with an overwhelming force but then nothing else. How do you even defeat these guys? Their good soldiers murder all my top-tier soldiers like it was nothing
 

therex55213

Recruit
So I've come to the decision that I like only about 50-60% of this mod, and would like to go about altering the version I downloaded so as to remove features I don't like. How do I go about doing that?
 

xenoargh

Grandmaster Knight
So far as I know, the source, in the /source folder (imagine!) is up-to-date, although it probably needs to be updated to reflect the changes to the Warband engine, etc., etc. since I last bothered updating the mod.

And no, I still don't have time to revisit this mod.  RL has, unfortunately, largely eaten my modding time.  I've made light TCs and mods for a few other things but I simply haven't had the massive amount of time / energy required to return to this mod.  I will probably revisit the core concepts behind Blood and Steel when the next Taleworlds game ships, if I like it enough and have time; with luck, they'll borrow enough of the cool game-design stuff in the mod that I won't feel like I have to mod it out of the box :wink:
 

Balula Whale

Recruit
I just want to say I really like this mod, and hope it isn't abandoned

And I see the developer is going for a realistic feel, which I like. However, I really hate the female armor models. It looks super revealing, not something you want to wear when you charge into battle on a warhorse. It also makes your character look like they haven't eaten anything in weeks, so they're super thin. I just find it ironic that a mod that praises itself on it's realism has such unrealistic armor for female characters. And female characters don't have a choice between the armors, since all the top tier armors that actually look practical are male armors.
 
Top Bottom