SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

iron islands is far too weak. they get rek'd by riverlands in every single save within weeks, months at most if westerlands has somehow managed to keep king's landing. is there a way to fix this?

jorma666 said:
iron islands is far too weak. they get rek'd by riverlands in every single save within weeks, months at most if westerlands has somehow managed to keep king's landing. is there a way to fix this?

There are ways to balance it, but of course you'll need to at least wait until the next version. That is, if Cozur acknowledge this as an actual issue. In my experience they handle the war pretty well.

jorma666 said:

Happens everytime in my game as well, Iron islands declare war on the Riverlands and get destroyed in couple of weeks.

Kings landing is always captured by the stormlands in my games, but is retaken by the Westerlands after a week.. i just dislike the event that occurs when that happens.

Is it possible to make your sigil appear on the banner ? 

Kathic said:
I'm still running 2.0 at the moment. I am having trouble moving my court. My wife says she needs a set of tools and two wool cloth. She does not recognize when I have them. I also have two velvet, two linen (because some patch notes said you needed linen) and bought a second set of tools. Someone said you need to move your court by going to the city/castle options. I don't see an option to move my court there either. Any ideas?

Wool and tools for wife should be in household inventory, not your character's inventory.

To have option in the city or castle menu you have to be this fief's lord, it can not be an unassigned fief in your kingdom or a fief of one of your vassals.

TonyBee said:
Is it possible to make your sigil appear on the banner ?

You could probably modify texture file for banners. In min_fla_banners_a.dds first column second row banner (black stallion) is not used by any lord and is selectable by player. Probably true for any banner in that file.

Guys i have 2 questions, first what faction has the best knights/heavy knights ? and how can i get the Vale into the war or at least do something ?

Tonic22 said:
Hi,

I search good archers. Can you council me to know where to find it please ?

Train them from any westerosi recruits (except Reach, those train into crossbowmen)

erennuman_mb said:
All Westerosi factions have the same archers.

Nope. They are all different.

TonyBee said:
Guys i have 2 questions, first what faction has the best knights/heavy knights ? and how can i get the Vale into the war or at least do something ?

1. Define "best".

2.1 Be a vassal of Vale, persuade Vale ruler to go to war.
2.2 Be an independent monarch, get in alliance with Vale, attack someone.*
2.3 Be an independent monarch, get in alliance with someone, attack Vale.*

*these were not actually tested by me, but should work.

EDIT: Looks like player can not initiate "alliance", and Westeros factions do not initiate diplomacy at all. However, being in a "defensive pact" with the Vale and being attacked by someone makes Vale to go to war. Works good in conjunction with with "attack Free Folk - get attacked by Westerlands and Dragonstone" feature. I.e. if you are in a pact with the Vale, attack Free Folk, Vale with go to war with Westerlands and Dragonstone... So will you. But you can make peace right away.

Sergio_Morozov said:
Tonic22 said:
Hi,

I search good archers. Can you council me to know where to find it please ?

Train them from any westerosi recruits (except Reach, those train into crossbowmen)

erennuman_mb said:

TonyBee said:

1. Define "best".

2.1 Be a vassal of Vale, persuade Vale ruler to go to war.
2.2 Be an independent monarch, get in alliance with Vale, attack someone.*
2.3 Be an independent monarch, get in alliance with someone, attack Vale.*

*these were not actually tested by me, but should work.

Well, by best i mean like best stats/armor.. you know lol :razz:

erennuman_mb said:
Sergio_Morozov said:
erennuman_mb said:

Nope, they aren't. They all have the same stats.

But different equipment. Some have longbows, some have shortbows, some have knives, some have swords, some have ****ty armor, some have decent armor...

TonyBee said:
Well, by best i mean like best stats/armor.. you know lol :razz:

I think Riverlands Knights are the "best" then. Although they are not named "heavy", but they have maces, and good armor, and mailed destriers. And they are fast to train.

A noob question, but how do I change my kingdom's culture? I also can't find the kingdom policy option. I've checked my minister, money guy, and the castellan. If I remember correctly it should be on the minister, right? I only have a 4 castles, a town and no lords, if that's an issue.

The answer interrest me as well, and i have another to complete : Is there a culture where we can have Unsullied as gards ?

Sky Warden said:
A noob question, but how do I change my kingdom's culture? I also can't find the kingdom policy option. I've checked my minister, money guy, and the castellan. If I remember correctly it should be on the minister, right? I only have a 4 castles, a town and no lords, if that's an issue.

It is in the dialogue of staff member you can hire when you own a city.

Sky Warden said:
WolfsSpirit said:
ok this is rediculous , why does it take 24 hours to download the mod ?  :sad:
Any other mod is downloaded within a minute if not less.. only this mod takes at least 24 hours

Found it on megagames , but megagames is blocked by firefox  :shock:

Get it on moddb. It's been working fine so far. Link on the first page.
That's the problem , i got it through moddb and that's why it's so slow , i managed to get it through megagames somehow , thx anyway

TonyBee said:

I once got them into a war with Braavos, but they settled that in a bout 10 days of game time. The only faction, due to the game mechanics I think the'd have a nice war with would be the Riverlands, or Braavos. The Vale itself is pita for traveling around.

As for the best knights. The Riverlands Knights are a close second to Westerlands, the only difference being the Westerlands get a plated warhorse instead of a mailed one.

As for Archers, the Vale and the Westerlands are basically the same, but the Westerlands get their own armor. For me I like to go half Vale, half Reach because the elite Reach crossbowmen are not just cannon fodder if my lines are breached. Pretty much everybody else sucks.

The Targs are right at the top with Knights and Archers though, so if you unlock them early, you can just use their troops.

Back
Top Bottom