SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

hi guys!

long lurker and first-poster here. I've played the mod for about 300h now and I love it! However, whenever I talk to chouncellor Herfast, I can not set my culture and I do not know why.. Could anyone please help me out on this?

epicmike said:
hi guys!

long lurker and first-poster here. I've played the mod for about 300h now and I love it! However, whenever I talk to chouncellor Herfast, I can not set my culture and I do not know why.. Could anyone please help me out on this?

You need to own a town, and then you talk to the maester.

Wyzilla said:
Hopefully 2.1 actually makes the game playable. I used to run it just fine, but this thing just doesn't work at all anymore for some reason.

Reinstall or something, as you can tell, most of us don't have any trouble with it.

Mycose said:
Is there a way to inscrease the revenue from castles and towns ?

Because currently i'm losing money when i own a castle and for me it doesn't really make sense...
So maybe i'm doing something wrong ?
Or can i just modify a file and increase the revenue ?

thanks

Well, Castles kind of make decent money, but it depends on the garrison and the villages that pay tribute to it, if you just got it, likely those villages have been continually raided. It takes a long time for a village to go up by itself, you can raise the revenue by protecting the villages (even if they aren't yours), and doing quests for them, which will help to raise their level if it's the right type of quest, ie. economic in nature.

epicmike said:
hi guys!

Why do you have to see your culture? Isn't it obivous?

The last update removed a lot of essos diversity. The lords only used the greatly modelled mercenarys. It seemed a bit of boring. I thought it is always nice to go against a new opponent because it includes new battle experience and new gear to loot. But this way Essos is plain boring.

Does this contain an actually story mode? I can't seem to do anything beside those 1 quests from the leaders and randoms.

I get bored from this just 6 hours, as theres nothing to do, beside conquer your own house which is also boring and buggy, (your vassals don't even follow you).

What is there to do which is fun and games, and if you've played this over 50 hours in one save, what was fun to do?

Thanks

When you buy an Sellsword company, they just go to your capital and stay there. They don't leave, and when you ask them they need to attend buisness. Even if I force them out (cheatmenu), they go complety buggy until they return to the capital.

I hope you can fix this

deahmed said:
Does this contain an actually story mode? I can't seem to do anything beside those 1 quests from the leaders and randoms.
I think this mod has the most unique quests of all mods, sometimes they have tons of follow up quests. Some quest line involve new fractions. Read a bit, for example http://acok.wikia.com/wiki/Quests

Cozur, could you please let the important people all spawn on the ground floor of the tavern? It is boring to have to check upstairs all the time.

shar_N said:
Hello

I just wanted to bring up the issue of throwing weapons in this mod.

Currently, they are extremely useless and cost inefficient considering their low ammo capacity. However, such a low ammo capacity is certainly more realistic as it would not make sense for someone to carry around more than ten javelins. When compared to bows and arrows and the crossbows available in this mod, the throwing weapons are far outclassed.

What I want to suggest is perhaps a slight buff to throwing weapons. Javelins and throwing spears were highly effective against enemy shields because embedding themselves in the shield would weigh the shield down and ruin the balance of its wielded. If throwing weapons in the mod could provide bonus damage against shields as a way of reflecting this, I believe it would make them a viable weapon choice.

Hope you consider this if not I always have Myr crossbows to console me

cheers

You're not alone. Earlier this year I wrote more or less the exact same post in this thread. Unfortunately, I've not seen anything specific about this in the change log.

Mycose said:
Is there a way to inscrease the revenue from castles and towns ?

Because currently i'm losing money when i own a castle and for me it doesn't really make sense...
So maybe i'm doing something wrong ?
Or can i just modify a file and increase the revenue ?

thanks
Well, I and some others have reported on it before and I think it's getting fixed/reworked in next patch.

In theory you're suppose to increase prosperity of your holdings by keeping your fiefs and trade unharmed, build improvements, change culture policy, and from that your suppose to get more cash. It's  Native economy mixed with Floris ( I think that is the base mod used, it's all in the ACOK wiki ). In practice I didn't see much improvement. I ended up giving away 90% of my holdings to Berengar. He became a super vassal with 1000 man army following me around. As ruler I get a cut of his earnings which allowed me to have a stable economy to conquer Westeros. It also didn't harm that I owned business in every town and investments into the Iron Bank.

~Wille

erennuman_mb said:
Also, veteran halberdiers are too OP IMO.

They are quite good, but try to take over the Vale with them, puts them into some perspective. In the end, they are probably the best Infantry that's easy to train up to, and are only matched by the higher level Knights, still they are wicked easy to kill for a good player because they take out their halberds too often.

Hey Cozur I noticed the absence of Hotfixes since Patch 1.0.

I mean 2.1 (if I´am wrong, feel free to correct me) was initially proposed because of routing errors, which basically lead to vasalls blobbing up in certain areas and traders being constantly halted, as well as the fact that certain factions (such as the Stormlands) were always revived from the dead with significant holdings being granted to them in the territory of the conqueror. As such being a Dragonstone vasall was hell :grin: on earth and player economy was as such in most cases dependent on selling slaves, because fiefs never granted you any significant income.

There might have been some other minor bugs, but I think those were the ones which made late game, especially if you were to establish your own kingdom or were a vasall of Dragonstone, not playable in certain areas. It happened to me after conquering areas around Norvos, Qhohor and Lorath. My vasalls were basically forever stuck in the desert and became obsolete. I think however that this has already been denoted by other users.

Now don´t get me wrong. 2.1 is absolutely great and I love the changes made. I was just wondering, whether in case similar game changing bugs show up in future, Hotfixes may be applied as opposed to major updates. Might really speed things up and easen the process.

For as far as to the current status of the the mod, it appears pretty complete to me. Here and there some cosmetical enhancements, but otherwise nothing major to add. Like before, correct me if I´am wrong.

Im having a minor issue with items deposited in my house/castle/whatever.

When I place items into my "chest" they seem to be disappearing. Not too sure whats going on with those but ive only just noticed it. They may be going into the item pool ? but im speculating. Ill do some more testing to see if that's the case.

Also the armoury accessed through the castellans menu, one item is regularly disappearing from the "top/first page" of the items listed in the armoury when I leave the castle and check back. Ive been working around this by filling the slot that makes items disappear and then storing other stuff, then removing the "blocking item". The empty slot seems to "move" however between visits. I haven't yet determined if items are disappearing or if they are being made invisible and the item being affected is changing. What I will say is I put a myrish crossbow into the armoury and haven't seen it since.

I realise my language and description is possibly a little vague, ive done the best I could to be as descriptive as possible.

Also it seems that the item pool accessed through my seneschals menu is a different and separate one to the item pool I access via the camp menu ? Was slightly confused at first, not helped by some of my items disappearing/moving/whatever.

Finally, when using the item pool accessed from the camp menu, im getting some script errors when accessing items just "outside the range of the item pool". So say the item pool displays the first 4 1/2 companions inventories, when I allow my companions to take items and put them in the pool after a battle, the companion that doesn't have his inventory FULLY displayed by the item pools window will give script errors when removing those items from his inventory (the bottom half of his inventory). As far as I can see it isn't a problem beyond the screen filling with red text but I thought id mention it since ive come here to post.

Ive been pretty much playing clash of kings exclusively over vanilla and its my vague understanding some of the inventory management isn't part of vanilla, so im not complaining, more reporting issues that may be relevant. Absolutely loving the mod, its absolutely awesome,

Thanks very much

Hey Cozur I apologize if this has already been asked, but when Bannerlord becomes available, will you port ACOK to it? (assuming that that's possible) It's probably a premature question as it's still a ways off but I could see your mod being terrific addition on the new engine.

Muglos said:
Hey Cozur I apologize if this has already been asked, but when Bannerlord becomes available, will you port ACOK to it? (assuming that that's possible) It's probably a premature question as it's still a ways off but I could see your mod being terrific addition on the new engine.

hey man, Cozur said a while back that he is already planning ACOK 2 for bannerlord :smile:

vonbalt said:
Muglos said:

hey man, Cozur said a while back that he is already planning ACOK 2 for bannerlord :smile:

Cool. Thank you for the reply! Cheers

On a further note, are there future plans to be to able to execute more lords? Being able to kill Ser Gregor Clegane as a vassal of the North is a nice touch. I could think of quite a few more lords that could use a good executing.  :twisted:

Muglos said:
On a further note, are there future plans to be to able to execute more lords? Being able to kill Ser Gregor Clegane as a vassal of the North is a nice touch. I could think of quite a few more lords that could use a good executing.  :twisted:

Cozur made it clear in various posts that that is never going to happen in ACOK. Sorry man. Apparently, the reason for this is because he doesn't want to put up with people complaining about the game becoming boring after they executed every name lord in the game.

Back
Top Bottom