SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Do the Unsullied cost any upkeep?
If yes, it's pretty stupid for them to earn wages since they're slaves but you can double or triple their food consumption if you want to keep it hard to manage them.

Oh by the way, could you add a "Master's Whip" item for when you buy Unsullied? I want to Roleplay as a Slave Master in Essos as I carve out my own kingdom.

Capt Captain said:
Do the Unsullied cost any upkeep?
If yes, it's pretty stupid for them to earn wages since they're slaves but you can double or triple their food consumption if you want to keep it hard to manage them.

Oh by the way, could you add a "Master's Whip" item for when you buy Unsullied? I want to Roleplay as a Slave Master in Essos as I carve out my own kingdom.

To be fair Unsullied not costing anything makes sense. Other than food which doesn't come out your money anyway.
Other troops should be paid however.

Why isn't mereen astapor and all those slavers bay places in the game? Could have a faction for em, whether if it's danerys or the slavers.

Chazshepherd said:
Why isn't mereen astapor and all those slavers bay places in the game? Could have a faction for em, whether if it's danerys or the slavers.

Q: Why won't you include a Daenerys Targaryen faction?
A: Multiple reasons. At the start of the modification, she's wandering around the Red Waste. Including that would make the map about double the size, and then it would crash. A lot. I can't put in dragons, as the warband engine does not support different mount types. So it's not really possible.

As Snuff has just so keenly pointed out, the distance from Volantis to Mereen is almost the distance from Volantis to Highgarden. M&B can't handle maps of that size.

hippo said:
Is there graphical pack for low performance computers ?

I don't believe so. I've yet to see anything of the sort.

Snuff_The_Rooster said:
Said sorry to a septon I had wronged on the road and lost 5 renown.
Bloody hate these random events.

Yeah why does apologizing to a septon make you lose renown? And why are you wronging septons on the road anyway?

Zod said:
Snuff_The_Rooster said:
Said sorry to a septon I had wronged on the road and lost 5 renown.
Bloody hate these random events.

Yeah why does apologizing to a septon make you lose renown? And why are you wronging septons on the road anyway?

Most of the lords of Westeros, and the noblemen of Essos, seem to treat septons as little more than a nuissance. Apologizing to them, rather than just ignoring them, seems somewhat out of place, and not something a "strong" (emphasize that however you want) man or woman would do.

Cozur said:
Most of the lords of Westeros, and the noblemen of Essos, seem to treat septons as little more than a nuissance. Apologizing to them, rather than just ignoring them, seems somewhat out of place, and not something a "strong" (emphasize that however you want) man or woman would do.

In a way I agree with that. A few noblemen and lords in the books regard them higher but when you look at a house like the Lannisters they don't regard them at all really. They're there to issue religious edicts that support their causes.

I think though it might make more sense to gain honor, even a tiny bit like one point. An honorable lord would be a lot more likely to apologize, or better yet not wrong them in the first place. Maybe a gain honor/lose renown vs lose honor/gain renown outcome, and only tiny amounts because it's just a septon.

Snuff_The_Rooster said:
Chazshepherd said:

A: Multiple reasons. At the start of the modification, she's wandering around the Red Waste. Including that would make the map about double the size, and then it would crash. A lot. I can't put in dragons, as the warband engine does not support different mount types. So it's not really possible.

Just a thought, but I would think there'd be ways to modify the movement speed on the overworld map, as well as the size, of units.
In this way, you could easily scale down the map to be fairly small (and thus significantly less taxing), while still maintaining the appearance of it being the same size, as everything would be scaled down proportionately, ideally.

Also, I'm all for size accuracy and all, but I think most of us might be willing to, well, not give a damn about accuracy, if it meant the addition of another faction + having the slaver's cities.

Just my two cents <3

p.s. On an unrelated note, can you not do a "provocation" attack on a caravan if you're a mercenary at the time?

I'm a merc for Targaryens with a Provocation mission to get Pentos and the Khizra Khalasar to go to war, but whenever I talk to caravans, the dialogue option for "hey I'm from Pentos you guys are at war now" doesn't come up. Not sure if on purpose.

Bug Report: There's a spot in Volantis, between the prison guard/tavern and the fountain in the square, that consistently 100% of the time seems to crash the game for me. Also, exiting the tavern takes you to a vastly larger (and pretty cool looking, but empty) map. The same thing happens if you pay off the prison guard to let you into the prison, and then walk out the door.
If I'm right, there's also no way to access the jail forcibly, as well.
So basically, Volantis is the Twilight Zone right now lol

Can probably grab a screenshot if wanted

RANT:
If you're going to do random events at least make them have some positive effects too.
There are constantly wild berries, or eggs in cobwebs or in a normal state however you always lose your valuable skill points! Even if you do manage to pick the right choice, the damn berries or eggs were very tasty! Thats it!

Fix needed:
Talking to the guild master and asking to tell more about the land makes him mention Calradia.
Troop upkeep should be lowered one hedge knight takes up a weeks money for about 30-50 men.
If you havent read the previous fix needed posts you should.

Captain Akbar said:
RANT:
If you're going to do random events at least make them have some positive effects too.
There are constantly wild berries, or eggs in cobwebs or in a normal state however you always lose your valuable skill points! Even if you do manage to pick the right choice, the damn berries or eggs were very tasty! Thats it!

Fix needed:
Talking to the guild master and asking to tell more about the land makes him mention Calradia.
Troop upkeep should be lowered one hedge knight takes up a weeks money for about 30-50 men.

Rant:
Pretty easy to change yourself if you care to go looking into the code a bit.

Fix needed:
"guild master..." also about as easy as modifying the event rewards
Troop Upkeep I think can be modified with Morgh's Editor I'm pretty sure, feel free to set custom settings.

Snuff_The_Rooster said:
Chazshepherd said:

There are screenshots from Yunkai and Meeren in moddb, and I came across to a quest about going to Slaver's Bay, its still a mystery for me, are they added or what ?

Stravask said:
Captain Akbar said:
RANT:

Fix needed:

Rant:
Pretty easy to change yourself if you care to go looking into the code a bit.

Fix needed:
"guild master..." also about as easy as modifying the event rewards
Troop Upkeep I think can be modified with Morgh's Editor I'm pretty sure, feel free to set custom settings.

Captain Akbar isn't the dev why should he or any of us be expected to make the changes ourselves? When as far as I can tell from these forums both the high troop wages and random events are complained about by a lot of users.
Maybe a separate download could be put out that excludes random events? Or an in game option to turn them off?
Same could be said for higher wages, option for "vanilla wages" or "aCoK wages"

Inanch-Bilge said:
Snuff_The_Rooster said:
Chazshepherd said:

There are screenshots from Yunkai and Meeren in moddb, and I came across to a quest about going to Slaver's Bay, its still a mystery for me, are they added or what ?

They are added as part of a quest line, very nicely made as well. You don't get to travel on the overworld but get transported there with a loading screen (under the guise of a boat journey)

Stravask said:
Just a thought, but I would think there'd be ways to modify the movement speed on the overworld map, as well as the size, of units.
In this way, you could easily scale down the map to be fairly small (and thus significantly less taxing), while still maintaining the appearance of it being the same size, as everything would be scaled down proportionately, ideally.

What.

Cozur said:
Stravask said:

What.

If you move slower, the map would appear to be bigger.
One problem, the distances of engagement of the ennemies?

By the way, the probleme is not the scale of the map but the numbers of triangles of the mesh of the map.

Back
Top Bottom