SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

fafafadsa said:
Are bounty quests any different from vanilla? Because I can not find the "Nervous man" in the village of Goat Bridge.
I found the nervous man hundred yards away from the village center between a couple of trees once. Sometimes they are hard to spot.

Did my first couple of sieges of King's Landing last night, first one I stayed back until the top had been cleared, was dueling a couple gold cloaks on the step down, and two blasts of pyromancer's piss cleared the stairs, me included. That was pretty cool, zero kills, was being so careful because I always charge in recklessly and bam heh

The second time the wildfire cleared the top for us, a whole screen length of gold cloak officer has killed ....xxx gold cloak officer heh

So, great job on KL.

LordBravey said:
Just popping in to ask if there's a chart for companions to this mod. Usually I just use TweakMB to prevent them from leaving, but as it doesn't support this mod, I actually have to figure them out. But I can't track down any info telling me who the companions do and don't get along with. Does anyone know?

Pretty sure there is an option for this in game within the mod menu in the camp (maybe require cheats enabled) I think it's called stop companion complaints.

It sets the option to allow you threaten them with death if they try to leave, or bribe them to stay. You don't receive the bickering messages.

Is there a list of Noble companions or a way to use an editor to see the data.  I have given all the Companions named Ser a fief and there doesn't seem to have been any complaints yet.  But I have a list for 4 or 5 others that may be noble I.e. Graznon, Yohnas etc.

At day 174, the Iron Islands and Pentos formed an alliance and Pentos became enemies with the Westerlands. Is that supposed to happen?

Is there anyone who could give me some helpful information where I can simply survive the beginning of this mod?  I guess I'm pretty horrible at this game, but wow, the AI is brutal.  I have all the easiest settings on and I just want to enjoy the world of westeros.  I bought the game for this mod and I am just failing so terribly I don't know how to get my feet under me. 

I start by recruiting peasants (only thing I can afford) and after a few towns invariably some bandits jump me and they just SHRED whatever guys I have, I usually am able to take a few of them out but its just not even close.  Then Im captured and I just rage quit.  Is there a way to turn down the brutality of the AI somehow? 

Hiring peasants too early slows you down so bandits can easily catch you. Try to look for small groups and try killing them on your own until you get a bit stronger. Really though, if you have not played before you do have a lot to learn, so I would agree with Epicrules, learn a bit playing native.

@buck

Try enlisting in a lords army for a few days. You get paid, get loot and don't worry about bandits. This will also build your xp so you're a bit stronger on your own.

I would enlist with one of the starting warring factions as a soldier. You will level up as you build your cash up through loot and your troop pay. As soon as you get enough money to start a business, take a little leave and go to the nearest city and ask the guild master to sell you land for a productive enterprise. Pick the business that i most proifitable and buy it. Return to your commander's army. Rinse and repeat until you have several businesses running. You now have enough regular income coming in to support a small army without having to worry about your troops wages. Now is time to join the faction you've been fighting for as a vassal. You may have to attack the enemies of the faction that you want to join for a little while beforehand to build up enough favor, but you should already have enough. Your faction leader will grant you a village as your first fief. Start raiding enemy villages to make money. You'll figure it out from there.

Thanks Swampy!  This is cool, I am just watching the army I am in wander around the map, not doing anything, and I am being promoted like a regular unit..  When would you say I would have enough money to start a business?

swampytaco said:
I would enlist with one of the starting warring factions as a soldier. You will level up as you build your cash up through loot and your troop pay. As soon as you get enough money to start a business

Have a problem with the quest secrets in the night part 1, the town of Hill Hall doesnt exist as far as i can see. Is this a bug?

Join the army of a faction leader, or the marshal of a faction. Battle xp will level you much faster, so you want to be in an active army, plus you will get more loot. Faction leaders have the largest armies, so they rarely are beaten. Marshals will be more active than the faction leader, but will get wiped out once in a while. Businesses range from 3500-10000.

Thanks again Swampy!  Are Marshal's in this mod?  I'm looking through all the Vassals in The North (where I want to be) and I don't see a Marshal..

swampytaco said:
Join the army of a faction leader, or the marshal of a faction.

buckZor said:
Ok, but then .. uhh .. how do I find him?

Epicrules said:
Marshal is a position, it's not a title. A lord who is chosen as marshal will stay "[title] [name]", they won't change to "marshal [name]"

If you approach an ally Lord and select the option 'I want to ask you something', there's a further option called 'I want to know the location of someone'. From there you will see a list of all your faction Lords, Sers, ect, including one with the title Marshall :smile:

Firebrand said:
Have a problem with the quest secrets in the night part 1, the town of Hill Hall doesnt exist as far as i can see. Is this a bug?
No, Hill Hall is one of the places with the white texts. It's not in the notes. Hint: its near Dorne.

Fasty said:
Firebrand said:
No, Hill Hall is one of the places with the white texts. It's not in the notes. Hint: its near Dorne.

!!!?

Back
Top Bottom